Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser (WP-660)


Very Quick

"On the WP-660, there is an actual on-off button; in fact the correct way to operate this new Waterpik is to turn it on the base first, then turn it on via the handle when you already have the tip inside your mouth ready to go, the water doesn't come out unless you turn the handle on."

"It's not in the instructions anymore, but according to my husband, Waterpik used to always tell users to start on the lowest "1" pressure setting, and to turn the pressure up 1 notch per day to get your gums adjusted to the Waterpik's pressure gradually."

"I don't know if it's the strange obsession I have with seeing just how much crap is still left in my teeth after I brushed and then flossed or if it's just the convenience of this design and now being in the habit of using it, but I can't imagine how I went so long without one."

"This feels much like holding a toothbrush, and I've never had any issues with the hose getting in the way."

"String Floss* Has Hydro-Pulse Massage Mode for Enhanced Gum Stimulation 7 Tips Included Tips Rotate 360 Degrees Has 10 Pressure settings Easy to use Cons 90 Seconds of Water Capacity for some maybe a little bit too short Overall: Excellent product."

"You've got this jet of high powered water blipping away at your teeth and pulling the button from the on to the off position is actually quite hard -- the button is already depressed into the handle, the thing is very hard to move, and the handle is already likely very wet."

"I'd been brushing with a Sonicare twice a day and flossing with traditional floss at least once per day, but just was not able to get my dental trouble under control."

Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser (WP-660) (Compare Deals from $59.99)



Quick

"But I think some reviewers are being unfair to the Aquarius I owned a WP-100 that lasted for little over six years, used almost every day by two people, those are a lot of days so the WP-100 is an outstanding product... Googleing around I was surprised to find that this is a common issue with the WP-100, some owners have replaced the entire unit just because of a broken handle as there is no spare part available from Waterpik... On the WP-660, there is an actual on-off button; in fact the correct way to operate this new Waterpik is to turn it on the base first, then turn it on via the handle when you already have the tip inside your mouth ready to go, the water doesn't come out unless you turn the handle on."

"It's not in the instructions anymore, but according to my husband, Waterpik used to always tell users to start on the lowest "1" pressure setting, and to turn the pressure up 1 notch per day to get your gums adjusted to the Waterpik's pressure gradually... This tip is supposed to be used only with the machine set to a pressure of "1" so you will probably want to put on another tip and turn the pressure up to do your full Waterpik rinse... The Classic Pro is $19 less but you lose water control on the handle, a covered reservoir, covered tip storage, massage mode, LED indicators, you get fewer pressure settings (6 instead of 10), fewer tips (3 instead of 7), and a shorter warranty (2 instead of 3 years)."

"I purchased this as I've had some gum issues and issues with food getting stuck in my back tooth and floss just wasn't cutting it (plus I tend to be lazy with flossing)... I don't know if it's the strange obsession I have with seeing just how much crap is still left in my teeth after I brushed and then flossed or if it's just the convenience of this design and now being in the habit of using it, but I can't imagine how I went so long without one. My teeth and gums are more clean than they been in years and after three weeks of use, it's a night and day difference on the improvement of my gum health."

"I've never been a good flosser, partly because I have a permanent retainer behind my front teeth and also because I never got into the habit of flossing as a child... I forced myself to get serious about flossing, and used threaders and string with great results, but tartar was still visible around the wire... This feels much like holding a toothbrush, and I've never had any issues with the hose getting in the way."

"I have always relied on Waterpiks to keep my gums healthy... Otherwise, the performance is great, with better control of the water flow than previous models... String Floss* Has Hydro-Pulse Massage Mode for Enhanced Gum Stimulation 7 Tips Included Tips Rotate 360 Degrees Has 10 Pressure settings Easy to use Cons 90 Seconds of Water Capacity for some maybe a little bit too short Overall: Excellent product."

"Well, as it turns out, there's some minimally convincing evidence that water flossing may be better than just brushing and string-flossing alone. Over the months we've had this thing, it's clear that it's doing a pretty good job grabbing at stuff that we might have otherwise missed, but I've got three big gripes with this device: 1... You've got this jet of high powered water blipping away at your teeth and pulling the button from the on to the off position is actually quite hard -- the button is already depressed into the handle, the thing is very hard to move, and the handle is already likely very wet."

"Many non-flossers have written about the benefits of Waterpik water flossing, but I rarely hear about flossers who also use the Waterpik... I'd been brushing with a Sonicare twice a day and flossing with traditional floss at least once per day, but just was not able to get my dental trouble under control... So, now I brush twice per day, floss with regular floss at least once per day, and use the Waterpik once or twice a day."



Less Quick

"But I think some reviewers are being unfair to the Aquarius I owned a WP-100 that lasted for little over six years, used almost every day by two people, those are a lot of days so the WP-100 is an outstanding product... Googleing around I was surprised to find that this is a common issue with the WP-100, some owners have replaced the entire unit just because of a broken handle as there is no spare part available from Waterpik. Boomer But other than those two issues, my Ultra worked flawlessly, I never had to replace the hose or the handle as some owners had to, the on-off switch never failed and it worked the same way it was when new until an accident damaged the power-cord and it stopped working... On the WP-660, there is an actual on-off button; in fact the correct way to operate this new Waterpik is to turn it on the base first, then turn it on via the handle when you already have the tip inside your mouth ready to go, the water doesn't come out unless you turn the handle on. This is much better than having to reach the switch on the base unit with the tip in your mouth or having to hold into the appalling pressure cutting button on the handle and then release it... The Aquarius will give you a very short flow pause at 30 seconds of use and another at 60 seconds, this is good to pace your cleaning as it should take about 30 seconds to clean each part of the mouth, up and down, and then you have an extra 20 seconds to touch-up... The tips are now stored on the unit itself, behind the reservoir The rest is about the same as the WP-100, it comes with a bunch of tips from which you will probably only use the classic jet, and a 3 years warranty."

"I read somewhere that with regular use of a Waterpik, I might just be able to reverse those pockets and that need for a deep cleaning... It's not in the instructions anymore, but according to my husband, Waterpik used to always tell users to start on the lowest "1" pressure setting, and to turn the pressure up 1 notch per day to get your gums adjusted to the Waterpik's pressure gradually... I'm guessing the reason is that this sounds more efficient than it actually is -- especially if you have an efficient toothbrush like a Sonicare... So if you have this kind of dental work in your mouth, you can just use this tip as your everyday tip all around your mouth... This tip is supposed to be used only with the machine set to a pressure of "1" so you will probably want to put on another tip and turn the pressure up to do your full Waterpik rinse... There are only two other models (besides the kids') available: The Complete Care is $10 more and gives you a shorter warranty (2 years instead of 3), no massage mode or LED indicators, and fewer tips. The Classic Pro is $19 less but you lose water control on the handle, a covered reservoir, covered tip storage, massage mode, LED indicators, you get fewer pressure settings (6 instead of 10), fewer tips (3 instead of 7), and a shorter warranty (2 instead of 3 years)."

"It's been probably ten years or more since I've owned a water flosser; my last one was for when I had braces as a kid... I purchased this as I've had some gum issues and issues with food getting stuck in my back tooth and floss just wasn't cutting it (plus I tend to be lazy with flossing)... I don't know if it's the strange obsession I have with seeing just how much crap is still left in my teeth after I brushed and then flossed or if it's just the convenience of this design and now being in the habit of using it, but I can't imagine how I went so long without one. My teeth and gums are more clean than they been in years and after three weeks of use, it's a night and day difference on the improvement of my gum health... It comes with several different attachments (brush, flossers, one for braces or dental work) and I've only used the flosser... I've only made it to level six on the dial; it goes to ten but my goal is to remove particles not my gum line and six gets the job done for me. I have stopped flossing entirely and use this every night and my dentist said this actually works better than floss."

"I've never been a good flosser, partly because I have a permanent retainer behind my front teeth and also because I never got into the habit of flossing as a child... It was large, held only a few seconds worth of water, and was nearly impossible to maneuver in your mouth. I forced myself to get serious about flossing, and used threaders and string with great results, but tartar was still visible around the wire... After seeing a dentist for the first time in over a year, he commented on how clean my teeth were... This feels much like holding a toothbrush, and I've never had any issues with the hose getting in the way... This isn't a big deal since I do not use the holder, and only use one tip... Misc: 1) Cleaning: When I first got the device, I filled the tank about 1/4 full of rubbing alcohol and water, and then rank the solution through."

"I have always relied on Waterpiks to keep my gums healthy. My previous model broke, which I've had for 5 years... I was surprised that it was much more efficient at cleaning than my previous one... It is just a little short of holding the pik about 5 seconds on each tooth. Otherwise, the performance is great, with better control of the water flow than previous models... 9% of Plaque from Treated Areas* More Effective for Healthy Gums vs. String Floss* Has Hydro-Pulse Massage Mode for Enhanced Gum Stimulation 7 Tips Included Tips Rotate 360 Degrees Has 10 Pressure settings Easy to use Cons 90 Seconds of Water Capacity for some maybe a little bit too short Overall: Excellent product."

"I'm not a dentist, but before I bought this device, I spent a bit of time trying to see if water flossing was quack-science. Well, as it turns out, there's some minimally convincing evidence that water flossing may be better than just brushing and string-flossing alone. Over the months we've had this thing, it's clear that it's doing a pretty good job grabbing at stuff that we might have otherwise missed, but I've got three big gripes with this device: 1... If you're planning to keep your significant other asleep when you floss, well, you'd better be flossing in another building... You've got this jet of high powered water blipping away at your teeth and pulling the button from the on to the off position is actually quite hard -- the button is already depressed into the handle, the thing is very hard to move, and the handle is already likely very wet... In some cases, the water has actually caused significant pain when it slips and directs the jet into the underside of your tongue or the side of your cheek... So, maybe the thing has a very short lifespan with the mold growth, but while it was around, it seemed to do an alright job despite some annoying design flaws."

"Many non-flossers have written about the benefits of Waterpik water flossing, but I rarely hear about flossers who also use the Waterpik. I'm a long-term, dedicated flosser with periodontal problems. I'd been brushing with a Sonicare twice a day and flossing with traditional floss at least once per day, but just was not able to get my dental trouble under control. Out of desperation, I bought the Waterpik Water Flosser and added it to my daily routine... So, now I brush twice per day, floss with regular floss at least once per day, and use the Waterpik once or twice a day... Now, one week into my new routine, I can say I am dedicated to Waterpik. I fully expect to have my dental hygenist declare, on my new visit, that I no longer need deep cleanings."