Howard Leight by Honeywell Impact Sport Sound Amplification Electronic Shooting Earmuff, Classic Green (R-01526)

Very Quick

"Other than that, it's taken me some time to get used to mounting my shotgun with these on and I need to adjust my cap/shooting glasses a bit more, but these are small compromises for what I get form them."

"I work and shoot at ranges frequently and got tired of having to take my ear muffs off to have a conversation with someone, or have them yell to hear what they have to say."

"* I own a pair, my husband owns a pair and we bought these for my father in law..."

"These are perfect when you're with others and want to hear them speak but block out the shots."

"I haven't taken these out to the range yet, but given the poor ear fit, I'll likely wear plugs under the phones, making me wonder why I would bother."

"If you're shooting something real loud, you probably want to double up on ear protection by adding some ear plugs, but for most of what I shoot, these are perfectly fine by themselves."

"We are at the range 2-3 times a week."

Howard Leight by Honeywell Impact Sport Sound Amplification Electronic Shooting Earmuff, Classic Green (R-01526) (Click to Compare Deals)

Quick

"Does a great job of increasing ambience noise (I can hear conversations from far away with it turned up) and then quieting down when shooting... The only reason why I gave it 4 stars is because it picks up static from certain items and you hear a repeating tick in the speakers, I though these were defective first but when I used them at the range away from electronics they worked great. Other than that, it's taken me some time to get used to mounting my shotgun with these on and I need to adjust my cap/shooting glasses a bit more, but these are small compromises for what I get form them."

"* These are comfortable, functional, and good looking. I work and shoot at ranges frequently and got tired of having to take my ear muffs off to have a conversation with someone, or have them yell to hear what they have to say. These work phenomenally, and they even amplify noise so you can hear even better, while still blocking harmful noises at the blink of an eye."

"* I bought these after barrowing a pair from a friend, they're great! I ordered form Amazon because they had more color options. These are perfect when you're with others and want to hear them speak but block out the shots."

"A little book with microscopic type, instructions that don't actually say much of anything, and badly drawn diagrams that really don't show much of anything. But they made sure to write the cursory instructions in about twenty languages, so I guess that makes up for their substantive inadequacy... I haven't taken these out to the range yet, but given the poor ear fit, I'll likely wear plugs under the phones, making me wonder why I would bother."

"It's great being able to talk to my buddy or my wife at the range and not have to shoot at each other. If you're shooting something real loud, you probably want to double up on ear protection by adding some ear plugs, but for most of what I shoot, these are perfectly fine by themselves. The adjustment on these is a little weird (not like regular over-ear headphones where the band adjusts), but they're still plenty comfortable."


Less Quick

"I guess this was meant to hang on a hook at the discount store, because it's a hard plastic blister pack inside a hard plastic blister pack inside a cardboard liner inside an inadequately perforated tear-out cardboard backing... A little book with microscopic type, instructions that don't actually say much of anything, and badly drawn diagrams that really don't show much of anything. But they made sure to write the cursory instructions in about twenty languages, so I guess that makes up for their substantive inadequacy... This is the most important element in sound reduction systems, and you'd think the manufacturer would know this... I haven't taken these out to the range yet, but given the poor ear fit, I'll likely wear plugs under the phones, making me wonder why I would bother. And no, I don't have a hearing problem, but I fear these might give me one. All that's assuming I'm not going to return this disappointment for a refund, which I'm debating."