Oral-B PRO 1000 Electric Rechargeable Power Toothbrush Powered by Braun


Very Quick

"AND it must be admitted, along with this tooth brush I purchased a 4 pack of bargain priced brush heads, but now I'm more than a bit leery about using them since it was only after this that there came to mind timing involved in demise of my last one."

"I'm not really sold on all these premium electric toothbrush features, but from a practical use standpoint the 30 sec- interval timer, stronger motor, and longer battery life do make it a worthwhile step up from the Vitality."

"With just me brushing twice a day for a little over 2 minutes per brushing, my toothbrush's battery lasts a full week before the red plug-shaped light comes on, telling me that the battery needs to be re-charged."

"Higher-end models also tout a "special" 3 minute "deep clean" mode, but since this toothbrush doesn't turn itself off after 2 minutes, you could just keep brushing for a longer time."

"Positive: -Good size -Mouth feels very clean after use -Replacement heads are available from both the company and generic (so hidden cost of the heads can be reduced if you shop around) -Different heads available for purchase -A single charge lasts about a week when brushing 2x per day -Built-in timer w/ vibration helps gauge how long you've been brushing Negative: -Wish it would charge a little faster."

"This cheap model will only hold its charge for about 3 brushing sessions before you notice a significant performance decrease and the unit would need to be fully recharged."

"You can choose to just return it to the plugged in charger after brushing, & thus not worry about charging."

Oral-B PRO 1000 Electric Rechargeable Power Toothbrush Powered by Braun (Compare Deals from $34.00)

Quick

"Much as I may feel recommended heads are overpriced, and troubled as I may be by shelling out the money for them, truth is, my last toothbrush gave out after a few months of using the cheapies... AND it must be admitted, along with this tooth brush I purchased a 4 pack of bargain priced brush heads, but now I'm more than a bit leery about using them since it was only after this that there came to mind timing involved in demise of my last one... In all, as it now stands I m more than pleased with this purchase, especially since I could say this standing two feet away and not be worried about whether my breath is offensive (well, most days that is, but can t be expecting full on freshness 24/7/365)."

"The big pluses I've found are the 30 second timer, which helps cue you to switch sides of your mouth... Also, the higher oscillation rate of the Precision 1000 is very noticeable vs the Vitality- and I can tell it does a better job cleaning given the same two minute brushing period... I'm not really sold on all these premium electric toothbrush features, but from a practical use standpoint the 30 sec- interval timer, stronger motor, and longer battery life do make it a worthwhile step up from the Vitality."

"With just me brushing twice a day for a little over 2 minutes per brushing, my toothbrush's battery lasts a full week before the red plug-shaped light comes on, telling me that the battery needs to be re-charged... Assuming you want to brush for the dentist-recommended 2 minutes, the toothbrush gives a short pulse every 30 seconds and another longer pulse after 2 minutes... You can buy additional brush heads with different colored rings around the base of each brush head (so each person has their own color), and multiple people can share one electric toothbrush by swapping out the brush heads."

"I dithered for a while over which electric toothbrush to buy -- wondering if it was worthwhile to spend more on a higher-end brush for features the Precision 1000 doesn't have, like multiple speeds and a timer display... Higher-end models also tout a "special" 3 minute "deep clean" mode, but since this toothbrush doesn't turn itself off after 2 minutes, you could just keep brushing for a longer time... Also, the battery suffers from the "memory" effect you used to have in cell phone and laptop batteries -- where you have to discharge it completely before recharging it, or else it will lose capacity."

"--Previous review-- I have used a manual toothbrush for at least the past 10 years, but was looking for a cheap and effective electric one, since I always read about the benefits of them... Positive: -Good size -Mouth feels very clean after use -Replacement heads are available from both the company and generic (so hidden cost of the heads can be reduced if you shop around) -Different heads available for purchase -A single charge lasts about a week when brushing 2x per day -Built-in timer w/ vibration helps gauge how long you've been brushing Negative: -Wish it would charge a little faster... If you're not looking to buy the top-end products at top-end prices, but want to see what electric toothbrushes are all about, try this one out."

"This cheap model will only hold its charge for about 3 brushing sessions before you notice a significant performance decrease and the unit would need to be fully recharged... The brush heads on the Sonicare tend to last longer than the ones on the Oral-B, but they are also typically more expensive... Get a model that uses the same brush heads as the higher-end models and you will get the same cleaning performance."

"You can choose to just return it to the plugged in charger after brushing, & thus not worry about charging... New Precision Clean brush heads are a bit larger & really are tailored to the size of the individual tooth... I personally prefer the smaller, circular brush head of the 1000 to the more traditional linear type of head used by Sonicare."


Less Quick

"Throughout the past year I've went through one after another of a variety of standard toothbrushes at the rate of about one a month or more... Then there came the extra expense and hassles in taste testing and stockpiling breath mints - which were always kept on hand since my teeth and breath didn't feel nearly so clean as they had before reverting back to 'standard'... Much as I may feel recommended heads are overpriced, and troubled as I may be by shelling out the money for them, truth is, my last toothbrush gave out after a few months of using the cheapies... Wishing now I'd held on to it, or at least saved the model number for sake of comparison, but I didn't, because I set out to go about things the old way and that was to be the end of it... It' doesn't seem to hold a charge quite as long as my last one did; however, it's lasting just over a week in between charges and with this I'm well satisfied... AND it must be admitted, along with this tooth brush I purchased a 4 pack of bargain priced brush heads, but now I'm more than a bit leery about using them since it was only after this that there came to mind timing involved in demise of my last one... In all, as it now stands I m more than pleased with this purchase, especially since I could say this standing two feet away and not be worried about whether my breath is offensive (well, most days that is, but can t be expecting full on freshness 24/7/365)."

"I have used one of the higher-end Brauns before and was rather unimpressed by it, but that was a long long time ago. I'll admit it though- the only reason I sprung for this was that it was on sale, which brought the price down to only a few bucks more than the Vitality... It's overall more compact, about the same weight, and the charger takes up less space too... The big pluses I've found are the 30 second timer, which helps cue you to switch sides of your mouth... Also, the higher oscillation rate of the Precision 1000 is very noticeable vs the Vitality- and I can tell it does a better job cleaning given the same two minute brushing period. That's not to say you can't do the same with a Vitality, but you'd have to spend longer... I'm not really sold on all these premium electric toothbrush features, but from a practical use standpoint the 30 sec- interval timer, stronger motor, and longer battery life do make it a worthwhile step up from the Vitality."

"Unfortunately, all the models I saw in stores were too expensive and had all sorts of bells and whistles that I didn't really need... A green battery-shaped light flashes while charging, and then the light stays off when the battery is fully charged... With just me brushing twice a day for a little over 2 minutes per brushing, my toothbrush's battery lasts a full week before the red plug-shaped light comes on, telling me that the battery needs to be re-charged... Assuming you want to brush for the dentist-recommended 2 minutes, the toothbrush gives a short pulse every 30 seconds and another longer pulse after 2 minutes... You can buy additional brush heads with different colored rings around the base of each brush head (so each person has their own color), and multiple people can share one electric toothbrush by swapping out the brush heads. I don't share my electric toothbrush, but I still use the holder to rest my brush head when I take it off every night. I don't know how necessary it really is, but the instructions say to clean the brush head after use by taking it off, holding it upside down, and running water through it."

"I dithered for a while over which electric toothbrush to buy -- wondering if it was worthwhile to spend more on a higher-end brush for features the Precision 1000 doesn't have, like multiple speeds and a timer display. Having owned and used the Precision 1000 for two weeks now, I don't think those extra features would have been worth the extra cost... The timer feature in the handle (it buzzes every 30 seconds, and buzzes longer at 2 minutes) is all I need to keep track of my brushing time... Higher-end models also tout a "special" 3 minute "deep clean" mode, but since this toothbrush doesn't turn itself off after 2 minutes, you could just keep brushing for a longer time... I like the pressure sensor and the instant tactile feedback it gives you (the brush will stop pulsating if you are pressing too hard on your teeth)... The only drawbacks of this toothbrush have to do with the battery, and I don't think other electric toothbrush models are much different there... Also, the battery suffers from the "memory" effect you used to have in cell phone and laptop batteries -- where you have to discharge it completely before recharging it, or else it will lose capacity."

"However, the next brushing cycle will abruptly end after about a minute and THEN indicates that the battery is low and must be charged... Hence, I now have to feel out when the battery may be getting low or just charge it every day, rather than once a week or when the unit indicates a low battery... I am still somewhat happy with the unit, but I will definitely keep this in mind when buying another electric toothbrush in the future. --Previous review-- I have used a manual toothbrush for at least the past 10 years, but was looking for a cheap and effective electric one, since I always read about the benefits of them... Positive: -Good size -Mouth feels very clean after use -Replacement heads are available from both the company and generic (so hidden cost of the heads can be reduced if you shop around) -Different heads available for purchase -A single charge lasts about a week when brushing 2x per day -Built-in timer w/ vibration helps gauge how long you've been brushing Negative: -Wish it would charge a little faster... Indicator still shows charging even if I wait until 11PM that night, and I like to let it charge fully, so I use a manual toothbrush for that session until the following morning, and then it is fully charged... If you're not looking to buy the top-end products at top-end prices, but want to see what electric toothbrushes are all about, try this one out."

"I started out with Interplak and used that for almost two years, until the battery corroded... This cheap model will only hold its charge for about 3 brushing sessions before you notice a significant performance decrease and the unit would need to be fully recharged... Of the six models, I would say that the only ones that I did not like were the low-end Oral-B and the first Interplak... The brush heads on the Sonicare tend to last longer than the ones on the Oral-B, but they are also typically more expensive... I can easily recommend this model, the Oral-B Precision 1000, to anybody who wants to use an electric toothbrush... What you give up is more features, like UV sterilizing and perhaps additional cleaning modes (like a gentle cycle on your washing machine, some brushes have a mode for delicate users)... Get a model that uses the same brush heads as the higher-end models and you will get the same cleaning performance."

"I highly recommend the Oral-B Professional Care 1000 Electric Toothbrush... The charging light blinks while charging & goes out when fully charged... You can choose to just return it to the plugged in charger after brushing, & thus not worry about charging... Without renewed charging, a full charge will last 35-40 minutes. The other improvement is the shorter, 30 second warnings which time your quarterly mouth brushing routine... New Precision Clean brush heads are a bit larger & really are tailored to the size of the individual tooth... I personally prefer the smaller, circular brush head of the 1000 to the more traditional linear type of head used by Sonicare."