Dragonpad pop filter Studio Microphone Mic Wind Screen Pop Filter Swivel Mount 360 Flexible Gooseneck Holder


Very Quick

"If you were going to mount this on a stand that had an arm above the mic, then it might work for you because you would mount it higher than your mic and you would want the arm of the pop filter to bend downwards anyways."

"I only have the one microphone, it was quite fiddly to get this to stay on it but once I got it on I can definitely say it's not going to go anywhere."

"As it is now, it is simply a frustration any time you have to move a microphone and adjust the filter for 5-10 minutes to get it to stay in place."

"I'd probably also keep the plastic cover that came with packaging over it, just in case you have a cat as my cat likes to climb and scratch at anything that's fabric like."

"The actually contact point on the clamp has a cross shape groove with positive contact and that component is made from a hard plastic that also will not mar your stands."

"This should be done by the manufacturer however, and I notice that there are other reviewers who have had the same issue."

"I've attached this pop filter to the boom arm with a little bit of padding around the clamp (just to prevent scuffs) and it works."

Dragonpad pop filterΠStudio Microphone Mic Wind Screen Pop Filter Swivel Mount 360 Flexible Gooseneck Holder (Compare Deals from $6.89)

Quick

"If you were going to mount this on a stand that had an arm above the mic, then it might work for you because you would mount it higher than your mic and you would want the arm of the pop filter to bend downwards anyways... Best in class pop filters have holes that are angled downward and away form the microphone so that when making a "P" or "Puh" sound, the forceful air will be directed away from the microphone... They just saw what one looked like and thought they would just go ahead and make a cheap knock-off that doesn't do anything for filtering pops and won't stay in place anyways."

"The actual device which holds the screen is fine, but the bendy bar will fall over in certain positions because of how it's attached to the screw on clamp. The bar itself is just screwed into it and that's it, it really needs a nut or something to hold it in there better... I only have the one microphone, it was quite fiddly to get this to stay on it but once I got it on I can definitely say it's not going to go anywhere."

"I ended up having to place it above the microphone, and let gravity work for me while it cranes over the top of it and falls in front, but even that hardly works. Spend a little more on a higher-quality popfilter and save yourself lots of hassle... As it is now, it is simply a frustration any time you have to move a microphone and adjust the filter for 5-10 minutes to get it to stay in place."

"com/user/MasterGeneral156 if you want a link, newer videos will be using the filter) and I've been tinkering with it for a few hours now, and I'm glad I bought it... Please note that if you try turning the filter the way it screws onto the clip, it will unscrew itself, so be sure to be smart on how you position it... I'd probably also keep the plastic cover that came with packaging over it, just in case you have a cat as my cat likes to climb and scratch at anything that's fabric like."

"Frankly I based my purchase decision on price and figured I would just accept the loss and buy a replacement locally if this one did not work out... The actually contact point on the clamp has a cross shape groove with positive contact and that component is made from a hard plastic that also will not mar your stands... The gooseneck itself is very flexible and will hold the filter in place, but will also move if jostled or bumped."

"This is my first day of using this and this issue is frustrating because every time you move the mic you have to mess around with the filter position again. I'm thinking about sanding it down in that area and applying a generous layer of J&B metal mend to see if that will anchor the flexible arm securely to the clamp... This should be done by the manufacturer however, and I notice that there are other reviewers who have had the same issue."

"I generally like to keep my things in good/clean condition for as long as possible, so when I saw that the attachment mechanism for this left scuffs on my mic base as I was putting it on, I was annoyed... I've attached this pop filter to the boom arm with a little bit of padding around the clamp (just to prevent scuffs) and it works. It works, but every time I set up the boom arm for another use I have to realign the pop filter because it sags down ever so slightly over time."


Less Quick

"There are 2 primary flaws with this piece. First, the arm will not stay in a bent upward position... If you were going to mount this on a stand that had an arm above the mic, then it might work for you because you would mount it higher than your mic and you would want the arm of the pop filter to bend downwards anyways... Best in class pop filters have holes that are angled downward and away form the microphone so that when making a "P" or "Puh" sound, the forceful air will be directed away from the microphone. If you are new to audio, hold your hand up to your face and make those sounds to realize what I mean when I saw that those sounds will force out a lot of air. The holes in this piece just go straight through so the forceful air goes directly into the microphone... They just saw what one looked like and thought they would just go ahead and make a cheap knock-off that doesn't do anything for filtering pops and won't stay in place anyways."

"It works quite well, due to the positioning of my microphone I end up talking directly into it most of the time and I am not all that quiet. In recordings and with the people I have talked to they don't get the hard 'p' sounds from me and I haven't detected any myself so the screen works well. The actual device which holds the screen is fine, but the bendy bar will fall over in certain positions because of how it's attached to the screw on clamp. The bar itself is just screwed into it and that's it, it really needs a nut or something to hold it in there better. I didn't see any pieces that would have come with the package to do that so I used one of my own that that did solve the problem (manufacturing tip maybe?... The clamp is great and it will hold IF you can fen angle it to a good position, since every mic stand/setup is going to be different this is a difficult thing to achieve making a universal clamp. I only have the one microphone, it was quite fiddly to get this to stay on it but once I got it on I can definitely say it's not going to go anywhere."

"As long as those 4 things are well made it will be just fine... The clamp is serviceable, it's bent to make it fit easily on a mic stand which is a nice touch... It can't hold the weight of the filter in almost any position. I ended up having to place it above the microphone, and let gravity work for me while it cranes over the top of it and falls in front, but even that hardly works. Spend a little more on a higher-quality popfilter and save yourself lots of hassle. If the quality of the goose neck was just slightly better, it'd be worth it. As it is now, it is simply a frustration any time you have to move a microphone and adjust the filter for 5-10 minutes to get it to stay in place."

"I decided to get it for my YouTube channel, since I'm wanting to push really hard with it (https://www... com/user/MasterGeneral156 if you want a link, newer videos will be using the filter) and I've been tinkering with it for a few hours now, and I'm glad I bought it. It softens P's and B's and removes heavy breathing into the microphone... The product did arrive with some damage to the frame, but its not to the point where'd I'd send it back... Please note that if you try turning the filter the way it screws onto the clip, it will unscrew itself, so be sure to be smart on how you position it... I'd probably also keep the plastic cover that came with packaging over it, just in case you have a cat as my cat likes to climb and scratch at anything that's fabric like. I've also ordered a NEEWER Mic Stand and I'll update my review on this item with the results with the Stand, ATR 2500, and this Filter."

"I purchased this because I wanted an inexpensive pop filter for a condenser mic I own. Frankly I based my purchase decision on price and figured I would just accept the loss and buy a replacement locally if this one did not work out... What I love is the fact that this will fit poles on stands up to 15/16 inch, and possibly a full inch if you fiddle with it. The clamp has a soft, felt-like material that will protect mic stands and booms. The actually contact point on the clamp has a cross shape groove with positive contact and that component is made from a hard plastic that also will not mar your stands... It does the job and in a home studio is more than sturdy... The gooseneck itself is very flexible and will hold the filter in place, but will also move if jostled or bumped."

"The issue with this pop filter is in trying to get it to stay in place... It's a press fit and it continually rotates making it impossible to securely position the filter where you want it in front of the mic... This is my first day of using this and this issue is frustrating because every time you move the mic you have to mess around with the filter position again. I'm thinking about sanding it down in that area and applying a generous layer of J&B metal mend to see if that will anchor the flexible arm securely to the clamp... 11, 2014 I want to update this review because I incorrectly described the problem with the flexible arm being attached poorly to the clamp. I've since discovered that it was a threaded fit and was merely loose... This should be done by the manufacturer however, and I notice that there are other reviewers who have had the same issue."

"I got this pop filter for my Blue Yeti microphone... I generally like to keep my things in good/clean condition for as long as possible, so when I saw that the attachment mechanism for this left scuffs on my mic base as I was putting it on, I was annoyed... I've attached this pop filter to the boom arm with a little bit of padding around the clamp (just to prevent scuffs) and it works. It works, but every time I set up the boom arm for another use I have to realign the pop filter because it sags down ever so slightly over time... The biggest thing that bothers me about this pop filter, is it's sometimes distracting... This is something that, while regrettable, you still deal with because it was very inexpensive. At some point I would love to get the first party pop filter but right now, I don't wish to spend $50-$60 on Blue's pop filter."