Philips Norelco Multigroom 3100, All-in-One Trimmer with 5 attachments (Model QG3330/42) Packaging May Vary


Very Quick

"Don't get me wrong it works and I would even say that it works fine but it takes a little bit more time and focus than I've experienced before with some of the higher-end models."

"The other would be it isn't that aesthetic without a base lying on your counter charging, but it was $15 so not that upset in that regard."

"This new multigroom cannot shave with 0% battery power whilst being plugged in - the vacuum trimmer was shaving like a champion while it was plugged in."

"and frankly thee were other products that were rated a bit higher but those were much more expensive."

"- qg33330 is lighter weight than the g370, thus giving it that cheap feel that some people have mentioned - qg33330 has no foil razor like the g370, but you know this when buying the product - qg33330 has more length settings than g370, which i liked - qg33330 head tilts the opposite way of the g370, position in your hand when trimming will take some getting used to not a comparison - stubble guard on qg3330 is different than any guard i have used before as it does not going around the trimmer all the may, therefore making it very easy to mess up and cut way too close."

"What adds to this is the fact that the instructions say not to leave it plugged in, and that you're supposed to wait until it dies before charging it, but yet at the same time, you can't just run it while plugged in (another downfall) - it has to actually charge."

"I bought this to replace another Phillips Norelco Multigroom that I got 10 years ago that died, and although I was wary that it would be an inferior product it was actually pretty much the same machine with a different design."

Philips Norelco Multigroom 3100, All-in-One Trimmer with 5 attachments (Model QG3330/42) Packaging May Vary (Compare Deals from $15.34)



Quick

"After having used the product for about a month I have found that it works fantastic and even does a better job than I thought it would seeing how it isn't the highest-end or most expensive groomer... The charge lasts longer for me than the stated time I've noticed which is great, usually they always last less than what they say when using the battery but it lasts longer for sure... Don't get me wrong it works and I would even say that it works fine but it takes a little bit more time and focus than I've experienced before with some of the higher-end models."

"I currently have a battery operated trimmer that does not have the attachment for nose/ear trimming... I ended up putting the attachments I don't use in a small Rubbermaid along with my old trimmer and its attachments, and refill blades for my razor... The other would be it isn't that aesthetic without a base lying on your counter charging, but it was $15 so not that upset in that regard."

"I didn't necessarily need to buy a new hair trimmer, all the function of the device still performed well - hair just manages to get all over the place now... With the no-longer available vacuum trimmer, I could use it; take a shower; and it would be back to full charge relatively soon thereafter. This new multigroom cannot shave with 0% battery power whilst being plugged in - the vacuum trimmer was shaving like a champion while it was plugged in."

"and frankly thee were other products that were rated a bit higher but those were much more expensive... I don't know what got into me and made me step up to the plate and spend $17 this time. But I must emphatically say this product is infinitely better than my old cheap, battery operated trimmer."

"i bought this product as one of the guards on my norelco g370 had broken and figured THIS multigroom would be their new, comparable model... - qg33330 is lighter weight than the g370, thus giving it that cheap feel that some people have mentioned - qg33330 has no foil razor like the g370, but you know this when buying the product - qg33330 has more length settings than g370, which i liked - qg33330 head tilts the opposite way of the g370, position in your hand when trimming will take some getting used to not a comparison - stubble guard on qg3330 is different than any guard i have used before as it does not going around the trimmer all the may, therefore making it very easy to mess up and cut way too close... havent had the qg3330 all that long and it will take some getting used to as i have been using g370s for a very long time, but seems like a very comparable product."

"The guards on this trimmer are more comfortable on my face (with rounded corners at the tip instead of a pointy edge), and I like all the different level available, but one major qualm is the battery. That is, I could live with the fact that the battery doesn't last more than 5 or so shaves (10 tops), except for the fact that I have no idea when it's going to die... What adds to this is the fact that the instructions say not to leave it plugged in, and that you're supposed to wait until it dies before charging it, but yet at the same time, you can't just run it while plugged in (another downfall) - it has to actually charge."

"IMHO this is the best beard/mustache/body hair trimmer out there under $20. I have nothing to support this claim but my own experience with this and three other groomers I've owned, but I still think its the best one out there for the bargain shoppers. I bought this to replace another Phillips Norelco Multigroom that I got 10 years ago that died, and although I was wary that it would be an inferior product it was actually pretty much the same machine with a different design."


Less Quick

"After having used the product for about a month I have found that it works fantastic and even does a better job than I thought it would seeing how it isn't the highest-end or most expensive groomer. In fact I think it is even a little bit on the cheap end but you wouldn't know it from its performance. The charge lasts longer for me than the stated time I've noticed which is great, usually they always last less than what they say when using the battery but it lasts longer for sure... Don't get me wrong it works and I would even say that it works fine but it takes a little bit more time and focus than I've experienced before with some of the higher-end models. Again it works fine but if I could change anything I would make the nose trimmer a little bit more effective but it gets the job done. Not the best most detailed review on here I'm sure but I hope it helps someone out there. I was looking for an inexpensive groomer that does it all and basically just works and does what it is supposed to and this completely met all of my needs and saved me a few bucks at the same time."

"I currently have a battery operated trimmer that does not have the attachment for nose/ear trimming... This unit does not experience a power drop after trimming my beard, chest, and arm pits all in one go... There are many more length settings than what I was expecting... I'm really impressed with the run time and lack of a power drop even after the unit has been on and running for several minutes... With all the extra parts a drawstring bag would have been nice. I ended up putting the attachments I don't use in a small Rubbermaid along with my old trimmer and its attachments, and refill blades for my razor... The other would be it isn't that aesthetic without a base lying on your counter charging, but it was $15 so not that upset in that regard."

"I purchased it on October 14, 2008 and it became my first beard trimmer and it performed marvelously... I didn't necessarily need to buy a new hair trimmer, all the function of the device still performed well - hair just manages to get all over the place now... All these attachments and nowhere to put them... With the no-longer available vacuum trimmer, I could use it; take a shower; and it would be back to full charge relatively soon thereafter. This new multigroom cannot shave with 0% battery power whilst being plugged in - the vacuum trimmer was shaving like a champion while it was plugged in. Like I said, I'm just generally disappointed with what I had versus a few years later, what is now available... But what does Philips care, they have my money now."

"and frankly thee were other products that were rated a bit higher but those were much more expensive... I don't know what got into me and made me step up to the plate and spend $17 this time. But I must emphatically say this product is infinitely better than my old cheap, battery operated trimmer. It is powerful, rechargeable, and has an attachment for all my needs... BTW the white stuff inside the attachment that another reviewer thought was glue is actually white grease... Now, with humility I will be generous and share the knowledge for free that I so dearly suffered for... Then you grasp the depth adjustment plastic piece in the other hand."