Panasonic ER-GN30-K Nose, Ear n Facial Hair Trimmer Wet/Dry with Vortex Cleaning System, Black


Very Quick

"There may be better trimmers with better construction and more power, but I honestly wouldn't pay an additional penny for them, because this one does everything I want it to."

"I've been using this unit for about a year now and the batter is still good; since motors drain batteries quite quickly, and I use this cutter at least once a month, I'd say that's pretty good."

"You can press it very hard against the skin and hear a view more hairs getting zapped but even when applying way more strength then you ever should with this it doesn't cut that much more hair."

"After consulting the other reviews, I would bet that the problem wasn't actually the blade -- those are expected to last for a few years -- but rather the motor wearing out (due to the failure of internal springs that operate the blades)."

"This trimmer has worked just fine for a number of years and seems easy on batteries."

"Also works great for ear hair and the hair right under the nose that the razor might not reach."

"The first time you use this, is slightly unnerving putting a spinning blade into your nose even knowing it can't really hurt you."

Panasonic ER-GN30-K Nose, Ear n Facial Hair Trimmer Wet/Dry with Vortex Cleaning System, Black (Compare Deals from $10.57)



Quick

"The blades are close enough to the foil to get the hairs nice and short without catching the skin inside your nose. I'm not crazy about the cleaning function, as it honestly doesn't work too well, and I considered dropping the review to five stars as a result, but for the price I can't bring myself to... There may be better trimmers with better construction and more power, but I honestly wouldn't pay an additional penny for them, because this one does everything I want it to."

"I feel really old having to say I "love" this nose and ear hair trimmer, but it isn't my first of this kind of grooming tool so I can say it is a good unit. What makes it work so well, I think, is that the design allows for flow through blade cleaning without disassembly... I've been using this unit for about a year now and the batter is still good; since motors drain batteries quite quickly, and I use this cutter at least once a month, I'd say that's pretty good."

"Like, it didn't look like it does when someone has a scar through their eyebrow or if you were to run a clipper through your eyebrow (or straight razor)... I will do so like four or five times before I just sigh and give up because it's not cutting any more hair after its first pass through. You can press it very hard against the skin and hear a view more hairs getting zapped but even when applying way more strength then you ever should with this it doesn't cut that much more hair."

"I purchased this trimmer because of its excellent reviews, but unfortunately, I can't recommend it based on my own experiences... After consulting the other reviews, I would bet that the problem wasn't actually the blade -- those are expected to last for a few years -- but rather the motor wearing out (due to the failure of internal springs that operate the blades)... I wouldn't mind having one on-hand to stuff into a travel bag in case of emergencies, but I'd never want to pay for another one."

"This trimmer has worked just fine for a number of years and seems easy on batteries... I really don't have to use it that much, so, I could just leave it in a drawer along with my other old age toys... Couldn't our Cro-Magnon ancestors have figured out that just because you have eyebrows, they don't have to grow together?"

"Also works great for ear hair and the hair right under the nose that the razor might not reach... There is another model with a light, but not sure that feature is worth the extra cost. For just over 10 dollars and free shipping with a $35 purchase, this was just right for me."

"I bought this for the obvious reasons and after 2 weeks of use, I can say it has it's ups and downs. The first time you use this, is slightly unnerving putting a spinning blade into your nose even knowing it can't really hurt you... Other than that, the device could be a little stronger but what can you expect from a single AA battery power source."



Less Quick

"Not because it works poorly or broke fast, but mostly because I have to admit that I'm old enough to need a nose hair trimmer... Look, it's made of plastic and uses a somewhat underpowered battery, but what do you want for less money than a movie ticket? When it comes to cutting hairs in your nose and ears, this thing kicks ass... The blades are close enough to the foil to get the hairs nice and short without catching the skin inside your nose. I'm not crazy about the cleaning function, as it honestly doesn't work too well, and I considered dropping the review to five stars as a result, but for the price I can't bring myself to... There may be better trimmers with better construction and more power, but I honestly wouldn't pay an additional penny for them, because this one does everything I want it to. Also, when the day comes that it eventually breaks, I won't hesitate to buy another at the amazingly low price."

"But the way it cuts hair seriously makes me question the Amazon reviews reliability... Still, I can't believe how weak this is... Like, it didn't look like it does when someone has a scar through their eyebrow or if you were to run a clipper through your eyebrow (or straight razor)... It doesn't give a satisfying cut feel and noise when you run it through your nose. I will do so like four or five times before I just sigh and give up because it's not cutting any more hair after its first pass through. You can press it very hard against the skin and hear a view more hairs getting zapped but even when applying way more strength then you ever should with this it doesn't cut that much more hair. How is this so far ahead of all the other similar products in terms of reviews ?"

"I purchased this trimmer because of its excellent reviews, but unfortunately, I can't recommend it based on my own experiences... There's no pain when the hair is cut, and it was easy to clean. Unfortunately, the blade on mine stopped cutting after about 4 1/2 months. I contacted customer service, and I was offered a replacement part at a cost that was more than what I spent on the trimmer itself. After consulting the other reviews, I would bet that the problem wasn't actually the blade -- those are expected to last for a few years -- but rather the motor wearing out (due to the failure of internal springs that operate the blades). However, even though the trimmer is under warranty, I'm not willing to spent the cost of shipping (which is more than half of the cost of the trimmer itself) to find out whether my hunch is true... I wouldn't mind having one on-hand to stuff into a travel bag in case of emergencies, but I'd never want to pay for another one."

"Nose hair trimmers are everywhere. I admit that I purchased this "cheap" remover because it was a Panasonic, not just an "As Seen on TV"... This trimmer has worked just fine for a number of years and seems easy on batteries... I really don't have to use it that much, so, I could just leave it in a drawer along with my other old age toys. Also, I'm not good at cleaning things, so I was happy that I didn't have to clean it very often. You can also use it to trim your eyebrows, but I have to pluck those that grow between my eyes. Couldn't our Cro-Magnon ancestors have figured out that just because you have eyebrows, they don't have to grow together?"

"Also works great for ear hair and the hair right under the nose that the razor might not reach... Still using the battery that came with unit. I have tried the remington clipper and small scissors for the nose hair with mixed results... The scissors didnt seem to be very effective compared to this Panasonic. I see that Panasonic offers several models, even one with a vacuum feature. There is another model with a light, but not sure that feature is worth the extra cost. For just over 10 dollars and free shipping with a $35 purchase, this was just right for me."

"I bought this for the obvious reasons and after 2 weeks of use, I can say it has it's ups and downs. The first time you use this, is slightly unnerving putting a spinning blade into your nose even knowing it can't really hurt you. However, after the first few seconds, you realize it's not that bad... My biggest complaint is the device leaves stubble maybe 1mm high in your nose and if you squeeze your nose to stop a sneeze or when you're swimming, the stubble can be quiet painful believe it or not... As a result, you could have dozens of little hairs stabbing the inside of your nose. Other than that, the device could be a little stronger but what can you expect from a single AA battery power source. I'm a little hesitant to use this in the shower as it advertises but when I do, I will update this review."