Gillette Fusion Proglide Manual Razor Blade Refills for Men, 8 Count


Very Quick

"A straight razor sounds dangerous and I hate electric shavers, so from now on it's a mystery as to what I will do, since I have used Gillette products since a teenager, with the old double-edged blades."

"It makes no sense that this is the same product made by P&G, branded under the Gillette name, and sold at Walmart, Target, and other retailers, yet I have never had such terrible shaves in a one week period."

"Now, I've heard from people who say they can use one of these blades for up to two or three months or more, but I've never been able to get more than a week's worth of use from any one of them."

"And even better, the new razors seem to last longer than the Mach 3s, giving half a dozen shaves or more before they need replacement."

"I do think that they proglide may be sharper and give a better shave for the first 1-3 shaves but then they seem the same."

"I have used every type and brand of razor available to me over that time but have never gotten as comfortable a shave as I regularly do with this blade."

"This is my experience with these cartridges: I can typically get 4-5 full shaves with one cartridge, but I see in other reviews too, it's not unusual to get a cartridge or two (out of 6-8) that doesn't even feel good with the first use."

Gillette Fusion Proglide Manual Razor Blade Refills for Men, 8 Count (Compare Deals from $26.49)



Quick

"I don't know and it's just outside of the time when I could return these to Amazon, so I will suffer through and make another choice when they are gone. A straight razor sounds dangerous and I hate electric shavers, so from now on it's a mystery as to what I will do, since I have used Gillette products since a teenager, with the old double-edged blades... Update: September 6, 2013 I discovered that the problem with my blades was the shaving gel I was using, which was quite thick and gummed up the blades, so that I had to clean them with Qtips after each use."

"Dab a little Bump Patrol aftershave on my face and neck, clean the razor with a Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol, store it in my DriBlade case in an effort to make the blade last longer, and go about my day... It makes no sense that this is the same product made by P&G, branded under the Gillette name, and sold at Walmart, Target, and other retailers, yet I have never had such terrible shaves in a one week period... Seems like a clever counterfeiting scheme to me - seems like this seller may have bought a few hundred legitimate razor cartridges directly from P&G (to seem like a legit reseller), counterfeit thousands in some Korean or Chinese manufacturing warehouse, and then sell the counterfeits on Amazon."

"I've been shaving for over fifty-five years, and I've tried almost every new blade that has come out in that time... The result is the best, smoothest shave I've ever had, and the shave less likely to leave nicks or cuts... Now, I've heard from people who say they can use one of these blades for up to two or three months or more, but I've never been able to get more than a week's worth of use from any one of them."

"And perhaps it is - but it shaves noticeably better than the Mach 3, either because of the additional blades or some other less-obvious improvements. Not only do I get a better shave with fewer strokes, but I can even skip a couple days and then cut through the beginnings of a hoary beard with little effort. And even better, the new razors seem to last longer than the Mach 3s, giving half a dozen shaves or more before they need replacement."

"I do think that they proglide may be sharper and give a better shave for the first 1-3 shaves but then they seem the same... I usually got 2 weeks from the regular but only got about 10 days with the proglide... I had gone electric but suffered from irritation and when you figure the purchase plus the 2x a year blade replacement (yes electrics need blade replacement too) the cost came out the same."

"I have used every type and brand of razor available to me over that time but have never gotten as comfortable a shave as I regularly do with this blade... As much as I can with the Proglide because of the speed and comfort then get the spots I cannot get to with the large head with the smaller mach 3... I have hoped that as I got older my beard would get thinner or softer; but only the hair on my HEAD is getting thinner and softer and more is now growing from my ears and beard than my head."

"The Schick wins overall since it's nearly half the price, if bought in bulk especially, but I always keep a few Proglide cartridges around for those special events... Don't forget to get you one of those new Flexball handles too, makes the shave even better... This is my experience with these cartridges: I can typically get 4-5 full shaves with one cartridge, but I see in other reviews too, it's not unusual to get a cartridge or two (out of 6-8) that doesn't even feel good with the first use."


Less Quick

"A few months ago I realized my razor was long in the tooth and decided to buy a more modern and "improved" Gillette product, so I bought the Fusion Proglide at my local Walgreens... I had to go over and over my face to get a close shave, and even then it left very short, visible stubble, which with fine hair is really unusual. I think the blade lasted 2 weeks, about 6 shaves, which for me is ridiculously short... Today, after having these refills for less than a month, I inserted my third blade, since the first two dulled noticeably after 4 or 5 shaves... I don't know and it's just outside of the time when I could return these to Amazon, so I will suffer through and make another choice when they are gone. A straight razor sounds dangerous and I hate electric shavers, so from now on it's a mystery as to what I will do, since I have used Gillette products since a teenager, with the old double-edged blades... Update: September 6, 2013 I discovered that the problem with my blades was the shaving gel I was using, which was quite thick and gummed up the blades, so that I had to clean them with Qtips after each use."

"I thought it was just me when I found my mustache area and neck bleeding after each shave. I made sure to use quality pre-shave oil and shave cream from Pacific Shaving Company - been using them for years. Dab a little Bump Patrol aftershave on my face and neck, clean the razor with a Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol, store it in my DriBlade case in an effort to make the blade last longer, and go about my day... Next time I shaved the same thing happened despite my meticulous preventative care for my skin and razor to avoid these razor nicks. It makes no sense that this is the same product made by P&G, branded under the Gillette name, and sold at Walmart, Target, and other retailers, yet I have never had such terrible shaves in a one week period... Seems like a clever counterfeiting scheme to me - seems like this seller may have bought a few hundred legitimate razor cartridges directly from P&G (to seem like a legit reseller), counterfeit thousands in some Korean or Chinese manufacturing warehouse, and then sell the counterfeits on Amazon. P&G would back up the seller on Amazon since he or she regularly buys legit cartridges, but little do we know that they are counterfeits."

"I've been shaving for over fifty-five years, and I've tried almost every new blade that has come out in that time. I've followed Gillette since their days of the double-edged straight blade through their rolled, coiled blade into their multiple-blade era... Now we've got the Gillette ProGlide with five blades, meant to fasten to their swivel-headed razor. The result is the best, smoothest shave I've ever had, and the shave less likely to leave nicks or cuts... Now, I've heard from people who say they can use one of these blades for up to two or three months or more, but I've never been able to get more than a week's worth of use from any one of them. Maybe the people who get them to last longer have really fine beards; me, I have whiskers like a steel brush... You can use this single blade to get into the tight spots that the five-blade arrangement can't get to or can't manage well."