HSI PROFESSIONAL 1 CERAMIC TOURMALINE IONIC FLAT IRON HAIR STRAIGHTENER FREE GLOVE + POUCH AND travel size Argan Oil Leave In Hair Treatment. WORLDWIDE DUAL VOLTAGE 110v-220v


Very Quick

"The three flat iron brands I've used are thus far before I gave HSI a chance: *CHI (3 different models - all of which where either defective or died within a year's worth of regular use."

"I can handle either of those times); both have an auto shut-off (Sedu just added that to this Diamond version), Sedu has a temp control where GHD doesn't (it's supposed to adjust to your hair, which seems to work well) Use: They both straighten really well..."

"I was pleased to see the insulated travel pouch it comes with (I do think the glove is overkill, I've never met a flat iron that didn't go up to 400F so it's nothing special in that regard), and the argan oil is a nice touch although I'm not much for using oil in my hair."

"I'm spending less time on my hair now because unlike the curling iron, which really should sit with the curl a good ten seconds, this glides through your hair and instantly straightens or curls it."

"I used it overseas with no voltage issues, and you are able to wrap your hair around the rounded sides to make curls (although they require a fair amount of product to stay curly, personally)."

"since i don't usually use a lot of oil in my hair because it tends to weigh it down, i was apprehensive about using the sample argon oil that came with it.."

"On the first day I used only the flat iron because I was in a hurry; I did notice that it didn't leave my hair smelling burnt like my other flat irons tended to do."

HSI PROFESSIONAL 1 CERAMIC TOURMALINE IONIC FLAT IRON HAIR STRAIGHTENER FREE GLOVE + POUCH AND travel size Argan Oil Leave In Hair Treatment. WORLDWIDE DUAL VOLTAGE 110v-220v (Compare Deals from $39.99)

Quick

"The three flat iron brands I've used are thus far before I gave HSI a chance: *CHI (3 different models - all of which where either defective or died within a year's worth of regular use... *After all, if you're taking the time to read reviews, you obviously care about not only making a good purchase but about the quality of the tool... However, being that it was the #1 best seller of ALL the flat irons with so many strong, positive reviews, I put my faith in statistics and gave it a shot."

"When the electrical element finally started getting a little spotty (it would still turn on, I just had to mess with the On button a bit), I decided to see what else was out there after so many years... Unfortunately, the HSI didn't even come close to GHD and Sedu, so I didn't include it in the running, but if you want to read a comparison of GHD and Sedu, here's what I found: Price: GHD $121, Sedu $100 (if I had gotten the black Sedu, it would have been $178, but I actually like this dark purple) Material: GHD has a rougher feeling exterior, the same as my old Sedu, which would attract dirt and hairspray like you wouldn't believe... I can handle either of those times); both have an auto shut-off (Sedu just added that to this Diamond version), Sedu has a temp control where GHD doesn't (it's supposed to adjust to your hair, which seems to work well) Use: They both straighten really well..."

"I was pleased to see the insulated travel pouch it comes with (I do think the glove is overkill, I've never met a flat iron that didn't go up to 400F so it's nothing special in that regard), and the argan oil is a nice touch although I'm not much for using oil in my hair... Of course, I think nearly every flat iron I've ever used has been at least somewhat impressive right out of the box, especially in comparison to whatever I'm replacing, so I guess only time will tell how the plates hold up and how the heat level maintains through daily use... I'm leaving the 4 stars because I do think it's a pretty good value with nice results if you're willing to be patient with it, but as someone who straightens their hair on a daily basis, I really can't deal with the pulling/dragging issue."

"I have not used the Argon oil yet that came with it because I am already into a trial bottle of some Chi stuff my stylist gave me to try... I'm spending less time on my hair now because unlike the curling iron, which really should sit with the curl a good ten seconds, this glides through your hair and instantly straightens or curls it... My hair looks about 95% the same at the end of the day as when I styled it, compared to looking just about 40% the same with a curling iron."

"Might cave and buy it again, but I've had cheaper, lower-quality straighteners in the past that weren't easily damaged in a light drop. To its credit, it FEELS well-made in your hand, warms up quickly and evenly, came with a protective mitt and padded travel bag, and a sample size of an argan oil. I used it overseas with no voltage issues, and you are able to wrap your hair around the rounded sides to make curls (although they require a fair amount of product to stay curly, personally)."

"however,what i learned from this purchase, is that extremely high heat does not a good flat iron make.... since i don't usually use a lot of oil in my hair because it tends to weigh it down, i was apprehensive about using the sample argon oil that came with it.... u have to know your hair type and decide what flat iron will work best with your hair.."

"On the first day I used only the flat iron because I was in a hurry; I did notice that it didn't leave my hair smelling burnt like my other flat irons tended to do... I haven't used the glove yet because I'm used to using my bare hands (we've all been burnt before lol) but might give it a try soon... It generally takes me about an hour of straightening my hair to get it just right; my hair is not too thick but does need several tries to get straightened."



Less Quick

"- From the moment I removed it from the box and began my cursory inspection, I could tell that this was nothing like any other flat iron that I've used. The three flat iron brands I've used are thus far before I gave HSI a chance: *CHI (3 different models - all of which where either defective or died within a year's worth of regular use... not to be kept in the humid bathroom where most people style their hair) - It was obvious that the HSI had some thought behind it's design... I'd take a slightly heavier tool made of better materials over wondering if I just wasted more money on a styling tool that's going to die on me again... *After all, if you're taking the time to read reviews, you obviously care about not only making a good purchase but about the quality of the tool... - Ok, as a former pro figure skater, I understand that MANY times, you really do get what you pay for (at least this is usually true with skates and other sporting equipment)... However, being that it was the #1 best seller of ALL the flat irons with so many strong, positive reviews, I put my faith in statistics and gave it a shot."

"When the electrical element finally started getting a little spotty (it would still turn on, I just had to mess with the On button a bit), I decided to see what else was out there after so many years. I have lots of friends with GHDs who love them, so I read a ton of reviews, watched some cute little teenagers trying to do comparisons for their 10 YouTube followers (I think those are hilarious..... In the end, I decided that not much had changed over the last 7 years in the technology, but I thought I'd give the HSI, GHD and Sedu all a fair shot and compare them myself... Unfortunately, the HSI didn't even come close to GHD and Sedu, so I didn't include it in the running, but if you want to read a comparison of GHD and Sedu, here's what I found: Price: GHD $121, Sedu $100 (if I had gotten the black Sedu, it would have been $178, but I actually like this dark purple) Material: GHD has a rougher feeling exterior, the same as my old Sedu, which would attract dirt and hairspray like you wouldn't believe... I can handle either of those times); both have an auto shut-off (Sedu just added that to this Diamond version), Sedu has a temp control where GHD doesn't (it's supposed to adjust to your hair, which seems to work well) Use: They both straighten really well..... They're both SO much better than the cheaper brands I've tried (the HSI got terrific reviews, but there's really no comparison to these two)... Both are quality products, but the Sedu edged out the GHD and if it lasts as long as my first one, I'm happy to pay a bit more than the cheaper straighteners for what I'm getting."

"I was pleased to see the insulated travel pouch it comes with (I do think the glove is overkill, I've never met a flat iron that didn't go up to 400F so it's nothing special in that regard), and the argan oil is a nice touch although I'm not much for using oil in my hair... Hair does not glide effortlessly between these plates and while it doesn't seem to be causing breakage (yet), it's a less pleasant and less efficient straightening experience for sure... In a few spots I did have to make several passes over the hair, but it ends up smooth once you've taken the time to use it properly. Of course, I think nearly every flat iron I've ever used has been at least somewhat impressive right out of the box, especially in comparison to whatever I'm replacing, so I guess only time will tell how the plates hold up and how the heat level maintains through daily use... If you're in need of a new iron and can't or don't want to shell out the better part of $200 for something fancy, I think this is a solid option... I'm leaving the 4 stars because I do think it's a pretty good value with nice results if you're willing to be patient with it, but as someone who straightens their hair on a daily basis, I really can't deal with the pulling/dragging issue... Since the plates catch the hair, every single curl has resulted in a kink because the plates grab and hold for too long before being able to slide the iron through to create the curl and it looks awful."

"It has always been thick and wavy, but now it's thick and wavy and curly and even straight in places... I could get a good result, but it took a lot of time and once I left the house and got to work, it started to frizz and straighten and droop... I quickly figured out that with my hair I needed to use the highest heat setting. I have not used the Argon oil yet that came with it because I am already into a trial bottle of some Chi stuff my stylist gave me to try... I'm spending less time on my hair now because unlike the curling iron, which really should sit with the curl a good ten seconds, this glides through your hair and instantly straightens or curls it. With the curling iron, I was always redoing sections that didn't "take" the first time... My hair looks about 95% the same at the end of the day as when I styled it, compared to looking just about 40% the same with a curling iron."

"For context, I was using it lightly (probably once every 1-2 weeks), generally gentle with it except a couple of trips in the suitcase... It still works just fine, I am worried about using it with an exposed corner though -- at the very least, it might catch my hair, and at the worst, it could be a hazard... Might cave and buy it again, but I've had cheaper, lower-quality straighteners in the past that weren't easily damaged in a light drop. To its credit, it FEELS well-made in your hand, warms up quickly and evenly, came with a protective mitt and padded travel bag, and a sample size of an argan oil. I used it overseas with no voltage issues, and you are able to wrap your hair around the rounded sides to make curls (although they require a fair amount of product to stay curly, personally)... EDIT 8/2015: The chipped plate has now come completely loose, and it keeps painfully catching my hair; the other plate now has a hairline crack running through it for whatever reason, I haven't dropped it since... It was good while it lasted, but I'm going to look for a straightener that's not disposable on a yearly basis..."

"it was solid ceramic, tourmaline, digital heat setting with flash heating and auto shut off and went up to 450...... however,what i learned from this purchase, is that extremely high heat does not a good flat iron make.. i used it 2 times, hoping that maybe my hair would look better the second time around..... since i don't usually use a lot of oil in my hair because it tends to weigh it down, i was apprehensive about using the sample argon oil that came with it.... i love this flat iron, and it taught me that just because a flat iron is really hot, that doesn't NECESSARILY mean it's better... i'm not saying that the "Epic" is a bad flat iron, but rather, a bad iron for MY hair.. u have to know your hair type and decide what flat iron will work best with your hair.."

"I got this as a replacement for my old Remingtons, one that gave out on me and another that left my hair lookin' kinda weird. On the first day I used only the flat iron because I was in a hurry; I did notice that it didn't leave my hair smelling burnt like my other flat irons tended to do. The next day I applied the Argan Oil before straightening my hair and within a few applications of the flat iron, felt my hair softening... I haven't used the glove yet because I'm used to using my bare hands (we've all been burnt before lol) but might give it a try soon... After a few days of using the flat iron/oil on my hair, it feels silky and still retains some of the scent of the oil (no more burnt hair smell!... It generally takes me about an hour of straightening my hair to get it just right; my hair is not too thick but does need several tries to get straightened... If you need to replace your old flat iron, this one does the job pretty good without burning your hair."