Scientific Explorer My First Mind Blowing Science Kit

Very Quick

"* Gave as a gift to some friends' children, and they loved it."

"My 5-year old wanna be scientist loves this kit and this mom gives it two thumbs up."

"* Cool ideas and makes for great demonstrations for larger labs."

"* I gave this gift to my niece Christmas of 2010 - she was 5 years old at the time."

"My daughter is nine, and she was able to do most of the experiments independently, although I highly recommend grownup supervision anyway to really slow down the experiments to make room for a little learning, too."

"There were a couple experiments they really enjoyed and one that they exclaimed they wanted to do again because it was so cool (the underwater volcano) but the rest they just wanted to move onto the next one."

Scientific Explorer My First Mind Blowing Science Kit (Click to Compare Deals)

Quick

"* The PERFECT beginning science kit! My 5-year old wanna be scientist loves this kit and this mom gives it two thumbs up. A great activity to get the kids off their ipad, video games, and tv!"

"* I gave this gift to my niece Christmas of 2010 - she was 5 years old at the time. In June 2013 my brother sent me a picture message of her STILL breaking out the Science Kit to run its experiments... I consider this to be a home run in terms of value for the price point, longevity, and as a learning gift."

"My daughter opened this up Christmas morning, and with all of the toys she received, this is the thing she wanted to open first and she wound up playing with it most of the day. My daughter is nine, and she was able to do most of the experiments independently, although I highly recommend grownup supervision anyway to really slow down the experiments to make room for a little learning, too. The materials are of good quality, and I thought this was well worth the price I paid for it."

"There were a couple experiments they really enjoyed and one that they exclaimed they wanted to do again because it was so cool (the underwater volcano) but the rest they just wanted to move onto the next one. There were too many variations of the exact same color changing experiment, it was the exact same thing over and over again but with a slight variation that didn t make enough of a difference to be cool... My kids still ask for us to pull this kit out because they enjoy mixing things but overall I wish we had gotten something else."


Less Quick

"* Maybe we had too high of expectations but my 4-year-old, 6-year-old and I were not very impressed by the experiments in this set. This was my kids first exposure to science experiments like this, I read the reviews and most people seemed satsisfied with the experiments so we bought it. My kids LOVED getting to scoop out ingredients and mix things together to see what would happen... There were a couple experiments they really enjoyed and one that they exclaimed they wanted to do again because it was so cool (the underwater volcano) but the rest they just wanted to move onto the next one. There were too many variations of the exact same color changing experiment, it was the exact same thing over and over again but with a slight variation that didn t make enough of a difference to be cool. I would love to find an experiment kit with more dramatic results and bigger transformations and more variation between the experiments. My kids still ask for us to pull this kit out because they enjoy mixing things but overall I wish we had gotten something else."