Benebone Wishbone Durable Dog Chew Toy for Aggressive Chewers, Made in USA, Medium, Real Bacon Flavor

Very Quick

"* My 4 Ridgebacks love these and are more interested in them than the dozen or so Nylabones we have lying around."

"But given that my Golden Retriever and his mixed hound sister, who each have several, will continue to covet their siblings current favorite Wishbone chew toy, I will give this product 5 stars as it has produced many hours of canine activity."

"She will gnaw hardcore on the outside for about two months and it's only little rice-sized pieces that come off, but once she gets a end piece off, she'll get the leg off in a week."

"I wouldn t discourage people from buying this, but if you do have a very strong chewer, please only give it to your dog while you are sitting right next to him."

"When I spend over $10 on a single chew toy, I really expect it to hold his attention for a long time and look forward to chweing it everyt time he comes across it."

"There was a tiny amount of blood in his mouth from the sharp bristles but when we asked our vet about it she said that was normal since his gums were likely soft due to lack exposure to rougher chew toys, and she assured this was not a serious issue at all; the bleeding lasted minutes and never occurred again."

"I purchased the peanut butter flavor and so far it's been a total hit."

Benebone Wishbone Durable Dog Chew Toy for Aggressive Chewers, Made in USA, Medium, Real Bacon Flavor (Click to Compare Deals)

Quick

"* My 4 Ridgebacks love these and are more interested in them than the dozen or so Nylabones we have lying around. The shape and slightly curved profile is better for holding on to and chewing than flatter bones. I will be buying Benebones from now on."

"I mean, my Great Dane will actually start chewing on this, look at me, turn around so her back is to me (I think she thinks I can't see her if she's not looking at me), and munch on it, so I don't get any ideas of taking her Benebone, of course... This bone does wear down eventually, and I recommend replacing it every couple of months because I noticed the more she wears it down, the quicker it wears down, if that makes sense. She will gnaw hardcore on the outside for about two months and it's only little rice-sized pieces that come off, but once she gets a end piece off, she'll get the leg off in a week."

"I brought him to the vet right away and they did an x-ray and could see lots of small pieces and a much larger, but narrow piece... I realize most customers are very happy with this bone, and I understand why, if your dog doesn t get part of it stuck in his intestines. I wouldn t discourage people from buying this, but if you do have a very strong chewer, please only give it to your dog while you are sitting right next to him."

"I couldn;t smell or taste the bacon, so not sure if that's a marketing ploy or not... So its OK and the dog will sometimes spend some time chewing... When I spend over $10 on a single chew toy, I really expect it to hold his attention for a long time and look forward to chweing it everyt time he comes across it."

"There was a tiny amount of blood in his mouth from the sharp bristles but when we asked our vet about it she said that was normal since his gums were likely soft due to lack exposure to rougher chew toys, and she assured this was not a serious issue at all; the bleeding lasted minutes and never occurred again. After some time when the bone got thinner our dog was able to sheer some larger pieces from the bone and this is when we removed it to avoid choking hazards or possible intestinal obstruction, so as with any toys your dog should be monitored while they use this bone. Overall this is one of the best chew toys we have gotten for our dog, in the sense that it lasted much longer than most chew toys last for him and he loved it and would carry it around our apartment, but the sheering of larger pieces wasn't exactly desirable."

"* My frenchie loves this benebone toy. I purchased the peanut butter flavor and so far it's been a total hit. Would definable buy again."


Less Quick

"Long-term this bone is cheaper than any real bone, and much more enjoyable than the other nylabones that the pet stores sell... I mean, my Great Dane will actually start chewing on this, look at me, turn around so her back is to me (I think she thinks I can't see her if she's not looking at me), and munch on it, so I don't get any ideas of taking her Benebone, of course. I think because of the fact that there is actual bacon bits in the nylon, versus just bacon flavor in nylon, like other nylon bones have. She has two other nylon bones from a different company that she just doesn't seem to like. This bone does wear down eventually, and I recommend replacing it every couple of months because I noticed the more she wears it down, the quicker it wears down, if that makes sense. She will gnaw hardcore on the outside for about two months and it's only little rice-sized pieces that come off, but once she gets a end piece off, she'll get the leg off in a week... Even when I was watching a puppy for two days, the small puppy would munch on the Jumbo sized Benebone when my Great Dane wasn't looking."

"Itbwas Great to finally find a chew bone that was made in the USA and that lasted such a long time!... After a while I felt comfortable letting him chew on it while I was doing other things with him in the same room... I brought him to the vet right away and they did an x-ray and could see lots of small pieces and a much larger, but narrow piece... I realize most customers are very happy with this bone, and I understand why, if your dog doesn t get part of it stuck in his intestines. I wouldn t discourage people from buying this, but if you do have a very strong chewer, please only give it to your dog while you are sitting right next to him. My vet told me not to give him any bones like this or deer antlers. I give him bully sticks , but they really don t last."

"It does not make a mess which is good. I couldn;t smell or taste the bacon, so not sure if that's a marketing ploy or not. I really expected our pooch to go nuts over this. That's why I tested it - I figured if it tasted like bacon he'd be all over it. So its OK and the dog will sometimes spend some time chewing. But he's clearly not crazy about it. When I spend over $10 on a single chew toy, I really expect it to hold his attention for a long time and look forward to chweing it everyt time he comes across it."

"Our APBT mix had this for weeks, which is exponentially longer than chew toys usually last for him. He loved the flavoring and was instantly drawn to the bacon smell. Early on, the chewing produces small nylon bristles that are a little sharp. We read several reviews saying this was dangerous but our dog did not suffer any serious affects from it. There was a tiny amount of blood in his mouth from the sharp bristles but when we asked our vet about it she said that was normal since his gums were likely soft due to lack exposure to rougher chew toys, and she assured this was not a serious issue at all; the bleeding lasted minutes and never occurred again. After some time when the bone got thinner our dog was able to sheer some larger pieces from the bone and this is when we removed it to avoid choking hazards or possible intestinal obstruction, so as with any toys your dog should be monitored while they use this bone. Overall this is one of the best chew toys we have gotten for our dog, in the sense that it lasted much longer than most chew toys last for him and he loved it and would carry it around our apartment, but the sheering of larger pieces wasn't exactly desirable."