AmazonBasics 1/2-Inch Extra Thick Exercise Mat

Very Quick

"Some reviewers mentioned the extra padding being a nuisance when standing on your feet in tough-to-balance yoga poses like tree, but I have have absolutely no problems and it actually feels better on my feet than the hardwood floor or super-thin mats."

"I tried to use it on my hardwood floors for an workouts but can t becauss it slides all over."

"* I bought this for doing some exercises at home that involve laying down like sit-ups."

"This Is very good in terms of a mat, still, and exceptionally cheaper than other good mats, so we d definitely buy it again, but you may be able to get more expensive mats that react better."

"I've had the mat for about a week, and the odor is definitely gone."

"I've not had a problem with the top tearing (read: I don't let my dog run across it, and I don't wear my spiky jewelry while doing yoga), but I would imagine that as long as you take care to protect it, you will be fine."

"The smell is WAY overstated by some folks - I used this mat in yoga class 20 minutes after I cut it out of the plastic and it smelled a LOT better than the shared mats in my yoga class."

AmazonBasics 1/2-Inch Extra Thick Exercise Mat (Click to Compare Deals)

Quick

"That s a plus because I m 5ft9 and I sometimes feel like mats are way too short for me when laying down to do sit-ups or stretches... I also appreciate the extra padding when doing yoga poses like cat/cow because otherwise my hardwood floors really hurt my knees... Some reviewers mentioned the extra padding being a nuisance when standing on your feet in tough-to-balance yoga poses like tree, but I have have absolutely no problems and it actually feels better on my feet than the hardwood floor or super-thin mats."

"* I bought this for doing some exercises at home that involve laying down like sit-ups... It's long enough for me to completely lay down on it (I'm 5'9"), but it's not that wide. From what I've researched, all yoga mats are about this width though."

"This may be a normal thing for yoga mats (I m a guy that doesn t yoga often), but I d think this would be not great for yoga-ing... Something I noticed while trying to stay in place with the wetness is that the mat also stretches with force of trying to keep in place... This Is very good in terms of a mat, still, and exceptionally cheaper than other good mats, so we d definitely buy it again, but you may be able to get more expensive mats that react better."

"* I needed a cushioned mat for doing my daily stretching exercises on a hard tile floor... This one had an appealing color and was a bit less expensive than the others... I've had the mat for about a week, and the odor is definitely gone."

"Yes, there was a smell when I first opened the plastic wrap that it comes packaged in. All you have to do is let it air out for a few hours unrolled, and you shouldn't experience any strong odors... I've not had a problem with the top tearing (read: I don't let my dog run across it, and I don't wear my spiky jewelry while doing yoga), but I would imagine that as long as you take care to protect it, you will be fine."

"The smell is WAY overstated by some folks - I used this mat in yoga class 20 minutes after I cut it out of the plastic and it smelled a LOT better than the shared mats in my yoga class... ok, I get it but I'm over 6' 2" and I am built more like a lineman than a tall ballerina - so this mat works fine. When I do tree pose my weight converts this mat into a sub-quarter inch thick mat and I don't have any issues with a too-soft mat."


Less Quick

"That s a plus because I m 5ft9 and I sometimes feel like mats are way too short for me when laying down to do sit-ups or stretches. Unlike other reviewers, my mat came with absolutely so smell whatsoever, even when I have my face on it doing yoga... The color does not transfer like some super-cheap mats I ve owned that eventually stain my hands and knees when things get sweaty... I also appreciate the extra padding when doing yoga poses like cat/cow because otherwise my hardwood floors really hurt my knees... Some reviewers mentioned the extra padding being a nuisance when standing on your feet in tough-to-balance yoga poses like tree, but I have have absolutely no problems and it actually feels better on my feet than the hardwood floor or super-thin mats... I also appreciate the included carrying strap to keep it rolled up and to carry it around. Some reviewers complain that the mat is too big and bulky, but I like the thickness and length when using it, so of course it s a bit bigger than the thin-as-paper mats when rolled up."

"* I bought this for doing some exercises at home that involve laying down like sit-ups... It's long enough for me to completely lay down on it (I'm 5'9"), but it's not that wide. From what I've researched, all yoga mats are about this width though. It also comes with a carrying strap and is light enough for me to carry... Like someone took a bite out of the sides when it was rolled up... When I first got it, I didn't notice it, but as soon as I laid down on it, I could smell it... I left it outside for a week and it still has like 70% of the smell."

"While we were unable to attend (sold out), we HAVE been able to use this to get us to our 10 minutes plank challenge! The first impressions are there are some definite off-gassing... We ve been using it for ~ a week and it s still got a smell to it... The mat is nice and thick and comfy and one of the longer yoga mats I ve seen... This may be a normal thing for yoga mats (I m a guy that doesn t yoga often), but I d think this would be not great for yoga-ing... Something I noticed while trying to stay in place with the wetness is that the mat also stretches with force of trying to keep in place... This Is very good in terms of a mat, still, and exceptionally cheaper than other good mats, so we d definitely buy it again, but you may be able to get more expensive mats that react better."

"* I needed a cushioned mat for doing my daily stretching exercises on a hard tile floor... This one had an appealing color and was a bit less expensive than the others... When I opened the box, there was a fishy smell... I've had the mat for about a week, and the odor is definitely gone. The half inch thick foam provides just the cushioning I need without being so slushy that I feel like I on the deck of a ship... The width is a good balance between cushioning my whole body and not taking up much storage space. It comes with a detached strap (i."

"* Low price for a super-comfortable yoga mat! The mat did not slip around during yoga, and it made such a difference on my back and knees. Yes, there was a smell when I first opened the plastic wrap that it comes packaged in. All you have to do is let it air out for a few hours unrolled, and you shouldn't experience any strong odors. The shoulder strap is in the middle of the rolled up mat. I've not had a problem with the top tearing (read: I don't let my dog run across it, and I don't wear my spiky jewelry while doing yoga), but I would imagine that as long as you take care to protect it, you will be fine. PRO TIP: For this price, order an extra one to use as an anti-fatigue mat in front of the kitchen sink!"

"* Ok, I admit it's early in our relationship - but I like this mat. The smell is WAY overstated by some folks - I used this mat in yoga class 20 minutes after I cut it out of the plastic and it smelled a LOT better than the shared mats in my yoga class. I later learned this mat is too thick for yoga and I need a 1/4 inch thick mat... ok, I get it but I'm over 6' 2" and I am built more like a lineman than a tall ballerina - so this mat works fine. When I do tree pose my weight converts this mat into a sub-quarter inch thick mat and I don't have any issues with a too-soft mat. I'm sure the strap that came with it is fine - I gave it to my wife who uses it with her 1/4 inch mat ... It seems to be a good mat even though it's disadvantaged having no high-end trademark by a famous equipment company with model spokespersons ..."