Taste of the Wild Dry Dog Food, Hi Prairie Canine Formula with Roasted Bison Venison, 30-Pound Bag


Very Quick

"I figured she had eaten something while she was outside (she grazes on the most random crap sometimes), and I put her back on kibble after everything cleared up."

"From what I've read about the fat, it's good for both your dog's coat conditions and energy levels, but if you have a little couch potato dog who doesn't mind not running for days on end, I might urge you to consider something a little less extreme."

"It is a little more pricey in the pet store, but with amazons two day free shipping, I buy two bags every month for about the same as it would cost to drive to the store, buy the food, and come home."

"My dad gives Fromm to his old lab and has the same problem about him eating it slowly and without much enthusiasm."

"Really, the only issue I have with Taste of the Wild is that the food smells a bit strong, but when the results are there it's hard to complain much about having to catch a nasty whiff of it a couple of times a day during feeding."

"We switched slowly and noticed a difference in the dog as the percentage of the Hi Prairie increased, he got more and more lethargic and started drinking more and more until he just wouldn't eat."

"I've been through many brands of "top quality" dog foods only to find irregular stools, low energy levels, and supplementing both of my dogs diets with vitamins, vegetables, or other items."

Taste of the Wild Dry Dog Food, Hi Prairie Canine Formula with Roasted Bison & Venison, 30-Pound Bag (Compare Deals from $44.89)

Quick

"I figured she had eaten something while she was outside (she grazes on the most random crap sometimes), and I put her back on kibble after everything cleared up... Taste of the Wild Dry Dog Food, Hi Prairie Formula (and Wetlands Formula, but I haven't tried that flavor yet) gets 5/5 stars or biscuits or whatever from all the dog food review sites I checked... I tried slowly mixing in the new with the old to switch them over, but they just picked the TotW out and stopped eating the Purina crap all together."

"For the week or so he's been eating it, I can already see a noticeable improvement in his hunger alone--he used to gingerly pick up pieces of Pedigree kibble and crunch them down as if saying "Meh, it's food, Kind of... The first few days my dog ate it, his stools were almost liquid, and I had to do a Pedigree-TOTW mix just to be able to not have a nasty mess happen when walking him... From what I've read about the fat, it's good for both your dog's coat conditions and energy levels, but if you have a little couch potato dog who doesn't mind not running for days on end, I might urge you to consider something a little less extreme."

"My Pittie had skin issues, but after starting TotW, they have cleared up and her skin and coat are healthy and shiny!... It is a little more pricey in the pet store, but with amazons two day free shipping, I buy two bags every month for about the same as it would cost to drive to the store, buy the food, and come home... I have been feeding Taste of the Wild brand dry food for four months consecutively now and WILL NOT be switching dog food again!"

"When he got a little older and I switched him to the adult version of Chicken Soup, he started have frequent problems with diarrhea... In fact, I think the quality taste of this product is what sets it apart from some other high-end brands. My dad gives Fromm to his old lab and has the same problem about him eating it slowly and without much enthusiasm."

"I was hesitant to spend fifty-five dollars on a bag of food when my two dogs go through almost three bags a month, but the two-day shipping made it seem worth it, particularly since the nearest PetCo (the only store in my area that seems to carry Natural Balance) is almost ten miles of slow-moving traffic away... I swapped my dogs over to Taste of the Wild over the course of three or four days and their stool has remained solid, something that has always been an issue for my Boxer (with Natural Balance being one of the few premium brands that worked well for him). Really, the only issue I have with Taste of the Wild is that the food smells a bit strong, but when the results are there it's hard to complain much about having to catch a nasty whiff of it a couple of times a day during feeding."

"We switched slowly and noticed a difference in the dog as the percentage of the Hi Prairie increased, he got more and more lethargic and started drinking more and more until he just wouldn't eat. I can't say for sure if it was the food or if it was something else but the dog got so sick we thought he was going to die... I'm out 100 dollars on food (and I won't give it to someone else just in case) and all the vet costs but my dog is alive and doing well."

"I've been through many brands of "top quality" dog foods only to find irregular stools, low energy levels, and supplementing both of my dogs diets with vitamins, vegetables, or other items. After my third round of research I decided to give TOTW a try, something that I can't even get a 30lb bag of in my local pet food stores... As some reviews have mentioned this dog food has quite sufficient protein and fat content, which helped him get back up to his normal weight as well as keep his coat looking shinny and soft."


Less Quick

"I figured she had eaten something while she was outside (she grazes on the most random crap sometimes), and I put her back on kibble after everything cleared up... My grandmother had a similar experience with her adorable borgi puppy last year - she enjoyed one bag of Blue Buffalo Puppy Chow only to become violently ill on the second... But they've gone through two whole big bags with no further intestinal issues, and this food is a lot cheaper than carpet cleanings twice a month... ") Tuffy's Pet Food NutriSource Grain Free Heartland Select with Bison Dry Dog Food, 5-Pound I felt bad about feeding my dogs crappy dog food, but I can't afford the sweet stuff like Blue Buffalo or Merrick... Taste of the Wild Dry Dog Food, Hi Prairie Formula (and Wetlands Formula, but I haven't tried that flavor yet) gets 5/5 stars or biscuits or whatever from all the dog food review sites I checked... I tried slowly mixing in the new with the old to switch them over, but they just picked the TotW out and stopped eating the Purina crap all together... At ~$50 per bag (including taxes), if you're buying Beneful or Purina or Iams, pretend like you care about your dog and spend the extra $10-$15 per bag to get them this extremely healthy, well-balanced chow."

"So we ordered him a big bag of Taste of the Wild, a company I'm already familiar with through their cat food line. For the week or so he's been eating it, I can already see a noticeable improvement in his hunger alone--he used to gingerly pick up pieces of Pedigree kibble and crunch them down as if saying "Meh, it's food, Kind of. " After the second or so bowl of TOTW, he flies face first into his bowl like a heat-seeking missile, and scarfs down his reward so quickly you'd think he hadn't eaten for days! The ingredient list is pretty top notch--the first three ingredients are bison, lamb meal, and venison, which is a ridiculously great indulgence considering the stuff that passes for dog food these days... ) Two things to note, though: this food is rich, with a much higher level of protein and fat than your dog may be used to. The first few days my dog ate it, his stools were almost liquid, and I had to do a Pedigree-TOTW mix just to be able to not have a nasty mess happen when walking him... From what I've read about the fat, it's good for both your dog's coat conditions and energy levels, but if you have a little couch potato dog who doesn't mind not running for days on end, I might urge you to consider something a little less extreme."

"Both of my dogs had trouble putting on and maintaining weight, and are extremely picky when it comes to what they will and will not eat. There are a few things i want to touch on in this review to make it most helpful to those looking for the best food for their beloved fur children... Complete with omega fatty acids, protein, antioxidants and so much more, this brand takes the cake when it comes to providing a balanced diet that our dogs need. My Pittie had skin issues, but after starting TotW, they have cleared up and her skin and coat are healthy and shiny!... It is a little more pricey in the pet store, but with amazons two day free shipping, I buy two bags every month for about the same as it would cost to drive to the store, buy the food, and come home... I never have an issue getting them to eat it, they actually get excited when they hear the food hitting their bowls! I have been feeding Taste of the Wild brand dry food for four months consecutively now and WILL NOT be switching dog food again!"

"I switched my English Springer Spaniel to it when he was about 10 months and it solved all kinds of dietary problems he was having... When he got a little older and I switched him to the adult version of Chicken Soup, he started have frequent problems with diarrhea... In fact, I think the quality taste of this product is what sets it apart from some other high-end brands. My dad gives Fromm to his old lab and has the same problem about him eating it slowly and without much enthusiasm... When I was originally shopping for this product, I noticed a few people commented about the smell... One last thing is that Taste of the Wild seems to give you a lot of bang for the buck... I feed my one year old, 50 pound English Springer about two cups a day and he stays the perfect weight."

"First off, I'd like to note that this would normally be a five star review if I were simply reviewing the product itself, but I am also taking into consideration Amazon by dropping the review by one star. I switched my dogs over to Taste of the Wild Hi Prairie formula when Amazon decided to jack up the price of the Natural Balance formulas I used to purchase (the Bison and Venison ones) by ten dollars. I was hesitant to spend fifty-five dollars on a bag of food when my two dogs go through almost three bags a month, but the two-day shipping made it seem worth it, particularly since the nearest PetCo (the only store in my area that seems to carry Natural Balance) is almost ten miles of slow-moving traffic away... I swapped my dogs over to Taste of the Wild over the course of three or four days and their stool has remained solid, something that has always been an issue for my Boxer (with Natural Balance being one of the few premium brands that worked well for him). Really, the only issue I have with Taste of the Wild is that the food smells a bit strong, but when the results are there it's hard to complain much about having to catch a nasty whiff of it a couple of times a day during feeding... First, this product actually costs about four dollars more than it does in my nearby store (it is sold in a small, locally-owned dog bakery for $49), which is only a block away... It's one of the better grain free foods that I've come across and works great for both of my large breeds (a Boxer and a German Shepherd)."

"This is regarding Taste of the Wild High Prairie Bison and Venison dry dog food 30 pound bags... We switched slowly and noticed a difference in the dog as the percentage of the Hi Prairie increased, he got more and more lethargic and started drinking more and more until he just wouldn't eat. I can't say for sure if it was the food or if it was something else but the dog got so sick we thought he was going to die... Three days later we were at the vet's for emergency service then we were there almost daily... After running tests for everything under the sun including Addison's Disease the vet treated with steroids which began to help... I'm out 100 dollars on food (and I won't give it to someone else just in case) and all the vet costs but my dog is alive and doing well... Being young and an otherwise healthy helped him and he rallied although he is not out of the woods yet."

"I've been through many brands of "top quality" dog foods only to find irregular stools, low energy levels, and supplementing both of my dogs diets with vitamins, vegetables, or other items. After my third round of research I decided to give TOTW a try, something that I can't even get a 30lb bag of in my local pet food stores... One of them has an extremely sensitive stomach but was fine with the switch over as I followed the switching schedule on the back of the bag... After a few days of this she was fine, and her coat was looking better, her stools consistent and healthy, and her mood greatly improved. Our other pup had a very difficult time putting on weight since we had to heavily treat him for mange for over 8 months. As some reviews have mentioned this dog food has quite sufficient protein and fat content, which helped him get back up to his normal weight as well as keep his coat looking shinny and soft... Spending a little more on dog food will lower your vet visits and your dog will be healthier and happier after this switch!"