Seville Classics Resin-Wood Composite Utility Shoe Rack (Single Pack)

"And they aren't. How many items have you purchased, or even seen, on Amazon with no one star reviews? I think this is my first. At least my first of an item with hundreds of reviews. So does a $25 plastic and metal shelf deserve all those five star reviews? I was determined to find out, so I bought one. It came quickly in a compact box, well packaged. With a small bag of parts. First, I cut the straps securing the shelves and frame. The sides are hinged to the back. Quickly unfolded, the shelves fit in the frame with a little pressure to give a nice, secure fit. Put the four small plastic plugs in the top of the frame and it's done. There are four feet that screw into the bottom that are adjustable for uneven surfaces. But, what's this? Unscrew the feet and screw in four small metal posts, and the shelf will stack nicely on a second unit. So, I bought a second that arrived quickly and assembled just as easily. Each set of shelves will hold three pairs of shoes or sneakers placed side by side, or can be placed top to top making room for six pairs a shelf. So you can get between nine and eighteen pairs on a set of shelves. I stored them side by side so got 18 pairs of sneakers on the two sets of shelves. But I have more than eighteen pairs of sneakers. So in goes another order for my third set of shelves. Assembly was obviously the same, but my next discovery was the shelves tilted away from the wall slightly now that my shelves were about five feet high. Quickly remedied by screwing in the adjustable feet, my trio of shelves now stood perfectly on the floor, and flat against the wall. All ready for almost thirty pairs of sneakers. So, any drawbacks to this item? The price, maybe. But once you experience how easy these go together, and how clean looking they are, $25 becomes a bargain price, even if the shelf slat are plastic 'wood look'. The stacking capability is a valuable bonus. And the adjustable feet seal the deal. Now I have only men's shoes, duh, because I'm a guy. I guess a woman could store her heels if placed sideways on the shelves. So, advantage shelves again. They get five stars for looks, five stars for assembly ease, five stars for function and five stars for....... well, they're just worth five stars all around. If I wanted I would have no trouble stacking a fourth set and feel secure that the shelves were, too. So with over 300 five star reviews, no one star reviews, and a pittance of two and three star questionable reviews, the others are indeed correct. This is a no brainer for shoe storage. Buy a set, or two, or three, and you will not be disappointed. If by some odd chance you get a set that are nicked, bent or scratched, you know how quickly Amazon will rectify the problem. I am delighted with my three purchases... Just out of curiosity, I did a search. Thirty six pairs of shoes, sneakers, and slippers. And that's just what I bought from, or through Amazon."

Seville Classics Resin-Wood Composite Utility Shoe Rack (Compare Deals from $29.9)

"When I saw these on here, I decided to go for it, based in part on other Reviewers (thank you!). It arrived in 2 days Prime Shipping. I purchased the product because I kept falling over my own footwear in the closet space (and recently brought three new pairs of sneakers, on Amazon, where else), so it was getting very messy and annoying in there. What I liked most was the five minutes assembly time! The main frame opens out and you just snap the 3 shelves into place. Fit the plastic foot adjusters (already threaded) into the frame and, literally, you're done. The frame is sturdy and solid with the shelves in place, but it is smaller than what you might think. However, I have an assortment of boots and flat shoes/sneakers, and my feet are size 11. The Rack can comfortably hold nine pairs of shoes, or 3 on each shelf. I'd recommend this product to just about anyone who gets fed up looking at piles of shoes around the home (especially in the closet or by the front door). If you live where there is mud and wet weather, you may want to put something underneath the frame, like thick wrapping paper or a large foot carpet. This is because the frame is slatted, which means debris will fall off the shoes and onto the floor (or the shoes below if you use the top shelf). Having said that, I tend to wipe my feet when I come in the house, or leave wet/dirty shoes by the door until I put them away after cleaning. You won't be disappointed and for the price, I was extremely pleased with my choice. UPDATE: I like the product enough that I purchased a second one for my room mate. He's not bothered by shoe clutter but really likes the idea of them being organized in his closet space. I also forgot to mention in my review above that you can make larger combinations of shoe rack by assembling multiple sets together. You get extra screw lugs in case the rack is being joined to another one."

"I wanted something for a little storage flexibility in my mud room. I had a tray that was just slightly smaller width and length dimensions than this that I used for shoes, but I was looking for something with shelves so I had a little more room for things. The only reason I didn't give this five stars was assembly. It's a piece of cake and tool-less, but the shelves have small brackets that slip over the frame on the left and right sides. Good concept, but they had nylon inserts or some other plasticy material, I assume to keep the unit from having any potential rattle sounds as well as to provide a grip to hold it in place so it doesn't lift up. Without tools to assemble, there would be no other way to easily make sure these stayed in place. Problem is the shape - those inserts were canted inward, picture a U shape with the open end of the U somewhat pinched. That provides the pressure when slipped over the side frame to keep it in place. But getting them OVER the frame with that pinched opening was a pain since it obviously was too narrow. I had to really mess around with screwdrivers to help pry the opening on those inserts a bit to get them to slip over the bar on the sides that they clamp onto. Of the 12 clamps that have to slide over the side of the frame (four per shelf) only two actually slid easily. And those aren't any less secure than the others, so it seemed a little pointless to have that much pressure on the pieces that join everything together. Other than that, though, the unit is great. Looks good, and my tray I had fit PERFECTLY underneath to catch any drips now that we're coming into fall and winter, and boots will soon be sitting on this. There's just enough room on the first and second shelves for adult shoes as long as they're not high top. Standard shoes and tennis shoes fit alright, but anything taller will need to be on the top shelf. No noise from the unit once it's assembled, and the bottom feet are screw inserts, so you can adjust it to help level it against a slightly imperfect floor, to help alleviate any wobbling corner to corner. Despite the irritation of the assembly, which was only for a few minutes anyway, it's well worth the price and works great."

"We had been using baskets to hold our shoes, and realized we were crushing our shoes. We settled on the resin wood composite because my partner thought it would look better than the mesh one in our house. Functionally and aesthetically, these work great. We put the two together so that we have 1 three-level rack, a shelf set at the bottom rung that connects the two and holds our tall boots, and 1 two-level rack. I can fit slightly more than three pairs of shoes (mens' and womens') on each shelf and we store some shoes under the last level on the floor. It looks neat and has encouraged us to actually put away our shoes. The resin shelves seem like they would be more easy to clean or wipe down than the metal mesh version of this product. The bad: When I took the first one out of the box and was holding one of the levels to figure out how to put it on the rack, I found myself surrounded in what appeared to be big chunks of gray dirt. I had no idea where it was coming from because the shipping box was clean, but my hardwood floor was suddenly filthy when it had been clean and the bags also contained the "dirt." I realized that these flinty chunks were coming out of the resin slats in the shelves, which are hollow. (It's unclear what this actually was. Resin shavings? Dirt? Organic or synthetic? I didn't want to inhale it so I didn't inspect closely.) If I turned the shelves vertically or even at a slight at an angle I could hear the chunks sliding through the flats and get stuck at the edges; each shelf was different in how much of the stuff actually fell out, because the slats are surrounded by a thin metal frame on each shelf, but both racks I purchased were like this and all of the shelves dropped some of the stuff. It was a mess. It was really filthy for clean up and this made it very frustrating to put them together, even though the actual set up was quite straight-forward. We decided not to send them back, but it was a disappointing to realize how much we paid for what appears to be very cheap despite being functional. Additionally some of the slats were scratched when we opened the bags and they seem like they're easily damaged. Also, both racks had an awful smell when we took them out of the bag, but it went away. Overall, these look nice and work well, but the quality is extremely questionable."

"I'm so used to the tilted white pole shoe racks. You know the ones that are stackable and that your shoes always seem to fall off of. Honestly, those function just about as well as they are beautiful. Which is to say, of course, not at all! Then there are the nicer ones, still tilted, that look nicer but don't function very well for stacking. Again are the wooden boxy ones, but while they definitely serve a function, they're too bulky for my tastes. Alas, if I desire less bulk, I must buy the hanging ones, but my closet is full as it is without necessitating that I also hang my shoes. The hideousness that is over the door pocket shoe storage is inconceivable. So my search brings me to this jewel of a shoe rack. I was skeptical, I thought it might look cheap considering it wasn't all that expensive compared to actual furniture. I bought it anyway, and I'm so pleased that I did! The assembly requires no tools but a little elbow grease, and in two minutes assembly was finished. What a gorgeous and ingenious rack! The material of the shelves themselves truly look like a beautiful wood. To top it off, you can quite easily expand the rack with another if you need extra space (connection pins included), or you can keep it simple and use it as a single finishing it off with discreet black caps to the top of the frame. I love it so much, I decided to order more. I am now in addition to shoes using the rack as actual shelving for clothes and accessories. The unit fits my black IKEA SKUBB storage boxes perfectly as the finishing touch. (These are the boxes I am referring to, sold in black in stores: [...]) I am extremely happy with this purchase. It weds my closet with beautiful, organized bliss. If you are looking for something to help further your organizational goals, I implore you to check out this Seville Classics gem. You will not be disappointed!"

"I've been looking at bathroom shelving for a while but didn't find anything because everything was expensive/not to my taste/wouldn't fit the location. So after being absolutely thrilled with my Seville 3 tier iron shoe utility rack (which I've actually use for shoes for about 3 years now), I decided to get 2 of the wood composite racks and use them for bathroom storage- I figured that if the shoe racks can withstand wet shoes on them, they probably could take on some amount of moisture from being in the bathroom. It has been about a month now and I couldn't be happier. I know this isn't the intended use for these racks and was prepared for warping and rusting. So far, I haven't detected any changes in the wood and no rusting. Keep in mind though, it's an a 2-adult-only household so the bathroom isn't in use for hours on end and we always use the fan/ventilation system when we have the shower running. The 2 racks are currently stacked one on top of the other and I took out a rack to accommodate larger/taller items on one shelf. I use it to hold soap bottles, rubbing alcohol, the hair dryer, etc. and it has been holding up. And to top it off- it looks amazing (less utility-like than the metal version that I have for my shoes). CONCLUSION: Not using it as intended but holding up well under the moisture conditions for the past month. I loved the product as a shoe rack and am using it in the bathroom as nice storage/shelving temporarily (hopefully, permanently). I would definitely get it as a shoe rack and I'll keep updating on its use as a bathroom rack. __________________ 4/27/14 Update: The shoe-rack-turned-bathroom-shelving seems to have held up this past year. I haven't noticed any warping of shelving despite being in our primary bathroom. I also have not noticed any rusting (though I didn't go crazy looking for rust spots). It has functioned beautifully and works well with our decor. No complaints from me at this point. As noted in my original comment, I also own the metal version of this shoe rack and still use it daily for shoes right at the front door. I'm on my 4th year of using the exact same shelving unit and I still love it. I am so impressed with the quality that I almost wish I had a reason to get more."

"We were looking for an outdoor shoe rack that would allow us to store baseball and soccer cleats as well as flip-flops. Wanted something reasonably priced, attractive enough to not be an eyesore, and durable for use on our covered patio. Ordered this one based on looks and price, and was really impressed when it showed up the next day (thanks to Amazon Prime!). Came in a flat box, and when I opened it was impressed that the main frame (back and two sides) are attached to each other via hinges, so simply folded it open, then placed the three shelves on the side rails. The shelves sort of latch on to the side rails and rubber inserts in the hooks on the shelf ends make for a nice snug fit that doesn't rattle and results in a nice solid feel. The frame seems like powder coated steel, and the shelves are framed in the same, with slats that are resin with a dark wood grain simulated finish, that actually looks really nice with our resin patio furniture. Additionally, the manufacturer includes two sets of 'feet' for the bottom of the rack. One set has your traditional 1" round table feet the others are about 1/4" pegs. Both thread into the frame legs so the rack is very adjustable if you have an uneven surface, such as our slightly sloping patio. We used the traditional 1" round feet, but the pegs would allow you to use this in a corner where you want the rack to fit flush against a couple of walls and not have any feet interfering. Last point - we've purchased shoe racks for inside closets in the past and they always seemed designed for a small pair of women's shoes, but not ideal for kids' hi-tops or man's sneakers. This rack will fit three pairs of men's shoes on each shelf, nine in total, without a problem. We're using ours for two pairs of men's baseball shoes, four pairs of kids baseball cleats, with extra room for flip flops. This is one of those products I ordered hoping for the best, and when delivered really exceeded my expectations. Very enthusiastic thumbs up!"


Seville Classics Resin-Wood Composite Utility Shoe Rack (Compare Deals from $29.9)