Mommy's Helper Outlet Plugs, 36 Count


"So I thought that maybe I would teach my 17 month old to respect the plug, that she could plug plugs into it but nothing else. She seems fascinated by putting this in there that she saw plugged in before (you know figuring out how to do things yourself). Well I haven't really had to baby proof much as our furniture is pretty soft or round and we don't keep any sharp items or chemicals (eco friendly house) in little hands reach. Well, wouldn't you know, the plugs became less satisfying and of course little kids decide they want to test out what can go in there, if they can stick their finger in their - or even the wrong ends of some plugs, and even things that have been in their mouths, and of course testing the "No" theory by their parents. So, needless to say we have to get these plugs. I had considered giving this 4 stars because I do find them a little difficult at times to take out myself, but I decided against that and went for 5 because on the other hand I really like that they are difficult to take out because it means my little one will not be able to pry them out. They are not fancy, and why should they be? They are also fairly clear (a little foggy looking) so you don't even really notice they are there. That way child still may want to put things in but will be unsuccessful and in our experience just move on. This box comes with 36 plugs (enough for many many outlets). They do hurt if you step on them though so watch out. Also, can be a chocking hazard if your little one starts to put it in their mouth. I would buy again and strongly recommend this."

Mommy's Helper Outlet Plugs, 36 Count (Compare Deals from $2.99)

"If you have newer outlets then this will be a squeeze. These things will fit in rather tight which I understand you want that, but I think it is a bit more than it should. I have a couple other brands throughout the house and now that my 15 mo old is up and about, I needed to seal off most in the house. This is certainly the tightest fitting for newer outlets compared to Safety First and I forgot the other but they sell it in Buy Buy Baby. I would say these would be perfect for outlets that have been worn in or older. Think of it this way: if most or all the stuff you plugged into your target outlet have been loose or super easy to pull out, then get these. But if your outlets are new or the prongs hold in tightly, then I would go for the ones in Buy Buy Baby or Safety first. I used these for outlets I barely use and those that pose the most danger to my baby...otherwise, I use the others since they don't require a plastic knife or something to pry out. I'd say if you have critical areas when you know you won't use frequently but the baby tends to find those outlets, then use these otherwise, have another brand handy in case you need to still have access to the outlet without using something to pry it off."

"I babysit my niece once a week. She suddenly had a affinity for one of my outlets that had a design outlet cover on it. I quickly decided that I needed to get outlet plugs. Fortunately/Unfortunately, I have 16 outlets near the floor in the two rooms I keep my niece wrangled in. The Mommy's Helper Outlet Plugs 36 Pack was the perfect size and solution for this problem. The Mommy's Helper Outlet Plugs 36 Pack is a great quantity and were affordable. The outlet plugs are clear, which is great because they don't draw a lot of attention. They are easy to put in and hard to take out. Obviously, you want them hard to remove for babies/small children and they are definitely successful in that nature. They have a side that is flat that is suppose to help adult's remove them. I've had two adults remove them with no issue. Personally, I find them difficult to remove, but it beats the alternative. Overall, the Mommy's Helper Outlet Plugs 36 Pack does its job perfectly. I would definitely recommend these to mommy's, daddy's, auntie's, uncles, grandparents, and anyone else who is trying to keep little fingers and small toys out of outlets."

"The first time I noticed outlet plugs, I saw various families use these: Safety 1st 36 Pack Secure Press Plug Protectors . However, when it came time for me to do the same for my baby, I went back and read the reviews on the Saftey 1st plugs. Surprisingly, the reviews on that brand/type is absolutely horrible. Lots of people have stated that their child has figured out how to pull them off. I guess when there's a mechanism for pulling it off, you can believe that your child will eventually figure it out. So that's why I opted to go for the standard flat plugs without any "pull assistance". I ended up choosing this brand due to the cost compared to other brands. I've yet to find any outlet plug that comes close to the cost of these. Most other brands (including Saftey First) are either more expensive or you don't get as many per pack. These plugs work exactly as expected. Unless you have fingernails (or a screwdriver) to pry them off, they insert nicely and lay flat on over the outlet. I'm pretty sure there's no way my baby will be able to pull these off. I'm very pleased!"

"If you buy these covers, you have one purpose in mind, to protect anyone from getting shocked accidentally. I must say these do their job extremely well. While many people buy these for children, I bought them for myself. Around our house we have a lot of outlets we don't use that often. In addition we have a lot of outlets that are near water. So for everyone in the house's safety, I added these to the outlets I thought needed them the most. All I can say is that they work very well. We do not have kids and do not need to worry about these being locked down like Ft. Knox. However when I first put them on the outlets, I tried to remove them with my hand only and I could not do it. It holds such a tight grip that there is no way that a baby could rip these off. I had to take a small object to it to pry them off. So overall I am very happy with these and they will work great for when a little one comes around."

"My 2 1/2 year old can"t take these off at all. They sit nicely in outlet. You kind of even have to use your nails just to get them out. Which isn't a big deal for mom's! The only downside for me is the thing's that go inside break kind of easily if you aren't careful where you put them when you use outlet when they aren't in outlet. Either I step on one by accident. I would just make sure a little one doesn't get a hold of them when not being used. But they have never broke inside outlet when taking them out which is a very good thing! They give a ton in one package so I can just grab another if they break. I would probably order these again if I ever run out. Had them for a year or so and so far still have a few left."

"I actually bought these because one of my cats stretches against the bathroom wall, on the counter, right where the electrical outlet is. Her claws kept getting caught in the outlet and I was terrified she was going to electrocute herself at worst, or get stuck at best. So I bought a pack of these plastic protective caps for the electrical outlets in the bathroom. They do a good job of keeping the cat from getting her claws stuck in the outlet, but I'm not all that impressed with the caps themselves. They are a semi-transparent, not-quite-clear, not-quite-white. They are not symmetrical, yet it isn't obvious which way they're supposed to go. Either way I try them, they don't seem to quite fit the outlet. They just barely cover the third (grounding) hole, and they look awkward, like they're meant for a different type of electrical outlet. The good news is, they seem to do their job well enough. And you get a lot of them for a budget-friendly price! I'll give them three stars and recommend them with hesitation."

Mommy's Helper Outlet Plugs, 36 Count (Compare Deals from $2.99)