Meguiar s X2020 Supreme Shine Microfiber Towels (Pack of 3)

"I recently decided I was going to detail my automobile (clay bar and all). Naturally, a good microfiber cloth is part of the necessary equipment, so I decided to get some new ones and ordered the Meguiar's x2020 supreme shine microfiber (pack of 3) based on the very positive user reviews. Like any product, there are huge variations in microfiber cloths, and these particular clothes are near the bottom of the list. My main complaint is that these leave a LOT of lint on whatever they've cleaned. They are literally unusable with glass, mirrors, sunglasses, computer screens, etc. because of the amount of lint. I even noticed it when I used them to wax the car, and I expected better based on 4.5/5.0 stars (at time of purchase). The weight is relatively light (I'm guessing 220 g/m^2 based on a comparison to other known microfiber weights). That's not a complaint, but rather an observation since it wasn't obvious in the description when I bought them. I would say these are mainly suited to applying waxes / polishes and using bug and tar removal, but not for removal of traditional waxes or application of instant detailers or spray on waxes. (Don't get me wrong, they will work, but so will cut-up blue jeans, it's just a matter of performance). However, if that's all you're going to use them for, they seem overly expensive (2-3X), hence my low rating. To be fair, I figure I need to offer a better solution if I'm going to knock a product, so here goes: I would recommend using some cheaper microfiber cloths (easily attainable for less than a buck a piece) for applying traditional wax, removing bugs, etc. I'd then invest in a quality microfiber cloth or two like my favorite, the Cobra Delux Jr. 600 towel, or others like the Mothers ultra soft microfiber quick detail towel. Both are MUCH MUCH better microfiber towels in my opinion because they are more plush, absorb water/dirt better, reach into tiny spots that hold waxes better... they just make the jobs easier. It's worth the couple extra dollars (maybe more) since they last for years and years and maybe more. If you like the lower weight, the Cobra Mango Breeze are slightly more expensive, but offer lint-free performance and seem to offer slightly better construction (which honestly, probably won't matter in the end, because both will last many dozens of washings). Hope this helps, and good luck with your projects!"

Meguiar's X2020 Supreme Shine Microfiber Towels (Pack of 3) (Compare Deals from $7.45)

"Usage Hints: If you want to minimize the chance of these towels leaving lint behind, machine wash and dry them before their first use. (I wash them in a load by themselves on "hot" with no fabric softener). Also, be sure to remove the "care tags" if you'll be using them on auto paint -- they seem to have a pretty rough texture. The tags are perforated for this purpose and tear off easily. I bought a 3-pack of these hoping to be able to use them for detailing my car. So far, I've used them to clean my door jambs, certain parts of my interior, my wheels, my windows, and for applying/buffing off my "last step product" (typically a spray-on wax). They've excelled at every task. I used my first 3-pack several times, washing them each time after. They lift dust and dirt very well and don't leave any fibers behind. The size of the towel is pretty much exactly what I was looking for -- not too small, but not big enough to get in its own way. The first 3-pack held up so well and did such an excellent job that I bought another two packs. I now use these not only to clean my car, but to dust and polish everything at home. They've impressed me on everything from basic furniture dusting, to polishing stainless steel appliances and fixtures, to brightening up my shower walls. The best part is, when I'm done, I just throw them in the wash and they're ready to go for the next time. They've had some pretty nasty stuff caked on and it just washes right out."

"I purchased these towels to use for removing Meguiar's Ultimate Polish and Mejuiar's Ultimate Wax. Not having really used microfiber clothes for this purpose before, I chose these since I went with the other Mejuiar's products and the reviews seemed decent enough. So I have nothing to compare it too, but these did the job. Over a weekend I applied both the polish and wax on a Chrysler 300C and used these three towels and the one that came with the wax, and did the entire job with no problem. One thing to note though, the finish of my vehicle is in great shape, thank you very much. I used claybar before the polish and wax so the surface was very smooth to begin with. Honestly I would not waste money on nice clothes if it were not. When I was done with the job, I cleaned these by hand in a sink using a little liquid laundry detergent. I let them soak for about 20 minutes and then hand scrubbed them to remove a few black marks. I rinsed them well and hung them out to dry. They seem to be back to there original condition only showing slight wear. I suspect they will last for some time and at this price point replacing them is not a big deal. Oh and the tag comes off very easy, which I have read in reviews for other products, is not always the case. It does say right on the tag to remove it too. I might try a few other clothes in the future just to see if there is a big difference, but for my money these performed well and I can recommend them to anyone looking for a good microfiber cloth to remove wax or polish."

"If you want to take care of your car the right way, this towel is a good place to start. It measures 16x24 and is of good quality. It is made by Meguiars which is brand I love and trust. However, this towel has limited uses for car care. THE BAD 1) The size of the towel. The standard microfiber towel used in car care is 16x16 compared to 16x24 of the Meguiars. This makes it hard to control when you fold the towel four ways. A 16x16 towel will fold into a square, allowing even pressure from your hand onto the car. This towel folds into a rectangle and is hard to manipulate when wiping product off a car. 2) The short nap of the towel. For those who dont know, the nap refers to the fibers that are protruding from the towel. For the Meguiars, the nap is short on both sides. This is the biggest issue I have with this towel. Normally I like to have a short nap on one side and a long nap on the other. The long nap helps with picking up dirt and embedding it deeper into the towel so that it does not potentially scratch your cars paint. Having a short nap limits the use of this towel in the car world as it can only be used on the cleanest of paint so that scratches do not form. THE GOOD 1) The quality. The towel itself has no faults in terms of construction. The seams are sewn nice and tight and there arent any hard sports that could scratch your car. 2) The price. The price for a pack of 3 is fairly reasonable. Quality microfiber towels from a dedicated detailing supply store can cost 5-8 dollars a towel which is absurd. These offer a good value for someone who is just starting out. ------ Meguiars Supreme Shine is a great towel but it would not be my ideal choice for car care. The size makes this towel too hard to use and the short nap on both sides makes the towel non-versatile. It doesnt have its place for me but the towel itself is constructed well and is definitely great value for the money."

"My primary use for these was to test them against the "cooling towels" that are so popular today. I have a couple of those, made of PVA and they're very effective though they're annoyingly stiff when dry so they're hard to put back in their containers after use. The top consumer review mag tested the PVA against regular towels and found they work similarly. My experience was about the same though the Meguiar cloths need to be turned quite a bit more frequently to maintain the cooling, I imagine that's the difference in materials. As a multi-purpose cloth that I can also use as a cooling cloth in a pinch these work great, the edges are soft and they should hold up nicely although they are a bit small when draping around the neck for cooling while doing yard work. I also tested a cloth towel and it didn't work nearly as well as the Meguiar. Overall, the 02 Cool and Frogg Toggs towels I have get an A grade, Meguiar's gets a B to B+ and a dish towel comes in at a C or lower."

"These cloths are decently plush, however one side seems much lower cut than the other. When I ordered, I was anticipating a really nice high quality set of towels but was pretty disappointed when I used them. They're supposed to be "pre-washed", however the amount of fuzz and lint that come off of these things is just plain terrible. Put it this way, I took and shook the towel repeatedly with a dozen good hard shakes to clean it out, and I was flat out COVERED in yellow crap. All over my face, all over my clothes, everywhere. So much material came out that I thought I had shredded the towel or damaged it in some fashion...but it was still in tact with no unraveled stitching. I waxed my black explorer a week ago, so this time was just a spray detailer job. I had some lint residue left on the finish, but it wasn't too terrible. But I guarantee if I wouldn't have forced the majority of the loose material out prior to using, my poor truck would have been covered in it. Just a bad couple of days for me lately. I've always been really happy with McGuire's products, but with these microfiber cloths and a cheaply constructed rotary buffer hook and loop backing plate- I'm starting to lose my faith. If my #105 compound and #205 glaze that I also just ordered too disappoints me, I'm afraid McGuire's just lost a good lifelong customer. I wouldn't pay more than $4 for this set of towels. I've bought better than these for much less in the past. Hopefully a couple of washes fixes the lint situation. Would I recommend them? For the price, absolutely not."

"I take great pride in the appearance of my vehicles. I have tried many car care products from many companies and Meguiar's are the best. As far as this specific product is concerned; I have tried all the methods. Terry cloth, high quality chamois, and even a couple of gimicks like the Mr. Clean Auto-wash kit and I'm ashamed to admit it... I even bought a pack of Sham-Wows from the TV. (For a review of the Mr. Clean product please go to my profile. As far as the shamwow is concerned... DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!) This Meguiar's microfiber has crazy absorbancy. It amazes me every time I use the product. I received my first X2020 in a car care kit. When used in conjunction with a chamois or deionized water it will sopp up all the nooks and crannies of the car i.e. rearviews, door handles, emblems etc. There is no water left behind after a single wipe. It leaves a streak free and debris free finish with very little effort. They are machine washable and come out looking great with no fuzz from other towels in the mix. I recently purchased a pack of 3 for $8.88, an incredible price, and use one for wheels, one as a workhorse and one as a finisher. It is a great combination. You will never buy another type of microfiber cloth. Meguiar's has, once again, perfected an essential car care product."

Meguiar's X2020 Supreme Shine Microfiber Towels (Pack of 3) (Compare Deals from $7.45)