Meguiar s X2000 Water Magnet Microfiber Drying Towel


"I have always used real Chamois for many years. As I get older, I like when new technology makes life easy. Sometimes new tech sucks but once in a while you find a gem. This is in between those two. It is "different" than a Chamois in several ways. #1 It does not do as good of a job "squeegee'ing" (that is the most descriptive word I can think of) the water off the paint. #2 It is FAR easier to use and holds twice the amount of water before you have to wring it out. #3 because it is much easier to wring and holds more water, it easily cuts your drying time by about half of using a Chamois but that is where the benefits END!!! To be fair, for lighter color cars and for those who may not be nutty car people about their cars, this is ok for drying and way better than terry cloth towels but that is about it. This however is totally worthless for your detailed (polished, waxed, glossed) vehicle if you want to maintain all of the hard work especially on darker paints. This will not wring out enough to not leave streaks period! You can twist it until it tears and it still leaves streaks however they barely show up on a lighter color vehicle unless you really look. Chamois does not do this of course. I bought this to see if it was easier and if it worked. It is easier than Chamois and much easier to wring out however it only works 50/50 depending on your goals. For my blue truck or boat, I use this and you can not even see streaks on the boat. The truck you can see them a little if you look but I don't care as I do not detail my truck. Again, it is still a better looking dry than a terry towel....but if you are a "car" person with that second love in the garage or driveway, don't waste your money on this! Bottom Line: For general drying and those who don't DA polish, wax, and finish their cars twice a year, this is fine. But for the typical Meguiar fans with that one special love in the garage or driveway, this is a waste of money for any serious work in maintaining a detail job...this is useless and really bad for black or any very dark vehicle! Shame on Meguiars as I have only ever bought and trusted their stuff to be top shelf...this was a let down based on their reputation. Still cannot beat their pro stuff or their compounds and waxes!"

Meguiar's X2000 Water Magnet Microfiber Drying Towel (Compare Deals from $11.61)

"As the owner of a black Audi which is my pride and joy, finding good car wash products is important to me. I bought a supposedly great chamois, but besides the fact that it never really dried things very well, it got dirty and began to mildew, despite my best efforts to keep it maintained. Fed up with this, I ended up picking up a pair of these drying towels and have not looked back. One might wonder how much better this towel could be than an ordinary old terry cloth, but the absorbent properties are quite amazing. Without even using a water blade (the good old California Water Blade seems to have been discontinued and the off-brand replacement I got was a joke), I can dry my car off in minutes using a pair of these towels, one to mop up the bulk of the water and the other to dry off the remaining bead-up that occurs over a proper coat of wax. I usually wring out the first towel two or three times during the job, but the second one is fine the whole time. Once I'm done, I just hang the towels up to dry, and after a couple of uses run them through the laundry to get rid of any dirt that may have been picked up. The towels are a nice, manageable size so that you don't end up dragging them on the ground, but are large enough to complete the job without excessive time spent wringing them out. Remember to always wash your car in the shade or at least move it there for drying, or it won't matter how sophisticated your towel is when the water has dried up and spotted your paint."

"Let me state up front - I was my car a lot and I mean a lot. Two to three times a week or more. I normally use soft cotton bath towels and change them out as I go so I always have one semi dry towel to remove the last bit of water. I don't have problems with this method as I clean my towels often and keep my car waxed so the system works well for me. No scratches or swirls. But...I thought I might be missing something so I got one of these towels and frankly I really can't see the point. While it might be softer than a normal cotton or terrycloth towel and does soak up a lot of water, it pretty much stays wet after that. You can wring it out, but it just spreads water after the initial use no matter how much you wring it. If you're going to use it as a first pass to soak up the majority of the water then I guess it's okay. But as your car starts to dry you end up putting more water down then was there when you started. Unless you have a bunch of these towels so you can always have a dry one, it's not any better than the method I use now. I just don't get the point or value in using these towels and they're pretty small too. I don't know that it will ever be part of my normal car washing routine, but it's unlikely. It's a nice towel, so I might find some other use for it as some point. I can't recommend this to anyone for it's intended purpose. Just use some good soft bath towels and save your money."

"Though I am a big fan of Meguiar's, I didn't have much hope for this being any better than any other towel, but I am happy to say that it really works great. I am a bit nuts about taking care of my car, and I have added these towels to my giant bucket of car care supplies. After doing a standard two bucket wash with Meguiar's soap and microfiber wash mitt, my first step is to go over the whole car with an electric leaf blower. I keep my car waxed, so the water beads well, and the blower takes care of 90% of the drying work. I quickly follow up with the Water Magnet Drying Towel to get the few bits that the blower leaves. This minimizes the amount of rubbing I have to do, which (at least in my opinion) helps to prolong the life of the wax job. With this towel, one light pass over the wet spots is all it takes, and it leave a streak-free dry car. Since most of the water is gone after blowing it off, I never get close to saturating the towel, but I can tell from how much of the towel I do use that it will hold quite a bit. Even the part of the towel that has become damp is still drying in one pass. I can't speak for the $25+ towels, but I couldn't ask for a "car towel" to do any more than this towel does at only a few dollars. Remember not to bleach it, and not to use any kind of fabric softener, and it will be good as new right out of the dryer."

"This is a solid drying towel. It is very soft (it remains soft even after it dries, unlike chamois towels) and absorbs quite a bit of water. Don't think that you won't have to wring the towel out several times in order to dry your entire vehicle. I have to wring it out about 10-15 times to dry my mid-size sedan. I have used towels that had to be wrung out much less frequently, but what I like about this towel is that it doesn't appear to leave streaks (or perhaps not as noticeable). I definitely recommend that you wring the towel out frequently and as much as possible to minimize the chance of leaving unappealing streaks. I use this on a black car (streaks are very easily visible) and I have been quite satisfied with the results so far (I have washed the car several times and nothing has jumped out at me [and I do inspect the car closely after a wash]). As a word of caution, although the towel is very soft, always make sure you have completely removed all debris and dirt from your vehicle's surface before attempting to dry it; this towel (just like any other) is not scratch-proof and can track loose particles across the paint and cause scratches and/or swirl marks. For best results, use the two-bucket method when washing your car. Also, before using the towel for the very first time, make sure you have removed all the little plastic bits that keep the label attached to it, as they can just as easily scratch the paint and finish of your car. I always spray the towel down with quite a bit of water pressure before and after use. Overall, a solid product at a reasonable price!"

"This thing is really amazing! I was a little iffy about buying one of these drying towels since I've always found them to be a waste of money. I've used chamois and special microfiber towels before, but I always end up going right back to a cotton towel since everything else would get soaked just as easily. This time though, I have to say Meguiars has really hit the bullseye! Not only was this thing worth every penny, but it was so inexpensive considering the size/results it delivers! This thing takes on an amazing amount of water before you have to wring it out and it just keeps sucking up water without even a hiccup. I used it on the paint, windows, rims, and my truck bed without any problems at all! I think I had to wring the towel out once before the entire car was dried. Talk about easy mode drying! For the price, you can beat this towel. I'm planning to get a few more of these guys for my kitchen and bathroom. I figured if they can mop water up from cars that good, then they'll be amazing for spills and cleaning in the house as well!"

"I was a bit skeptical about a microfiber towel since I always used The Absorber when washing my car, but that product had seen 10 years of service and I was scared to use it on my brand new, black car. I saw all the no-name oversized and XL drying towels at Target and Walmart but the Meguiars brand and reputation won me over as well as amazon's price. I didn't wash it first but I threw it on the wet car after final rinse and it immediately sucked up a puddle of water. You do have to wring it since it picks up lots of water but it doesn't take that much effort, and is softer than regular towels so it doesn't hurt your hands when you do. I didn't get any streaks or spots on the car body or windows, but I usually go over it all with another microfiber towel for the final wipe anyway. I washed my Pathfinder and Camry afterwards and it held up as well as the first wash. I was impressed enough to buy another one from amazon the following day. It's a good size to handle and won't drag on the ground, and the waffle pattern really does its job in sucking up water. Highly recommended!"

Meguiar's X2000 Water Magnet Microfiber Drying Towel (Compare Deals from $11.61)