Honeywell TurboForce Fan, HT-900

"Our house does not have central air, and the window unit we have does pretty good for our small home, but my bedroom is hot if I leave the door closed. I spend most of my time in my room as it is also my "office", so I need to be able to close the door. I had been looking for a fan to use in my room that wasn't huge as I don't have much room to put one. I thought about a laptop usb fan, but they are more than I wanted to pay for one, and reviews weren't all that great. I can't remember how I came across this fan at a deal price, but I did, and the reviews were great so I grabbed it for $12.79. This fan arrived only yesterday, and I couldn't wait to try it out. The first thing I noticed is it has that new plastic odor you get from new electronics. Quite strong actually, but after I turned it on, the odor dissipated greatly within a minute or less. I set it on top of my dresser which is at a higher level than my recliner where I work, and is also about 10' away from me. I turned it on the middle speed, set it so that it was not facing me, but facing about a foot or more to the right of me, so the breeze would go past me, but not at my face. It is quiet, efficient, cooling me off very nicely, and keeping my room very comfortable. When it was time to cook lunch, I took it into the kitchen as I've been wanting to get a fan to hang on the wall of my kitchen so it would help to cool me off while I am standing over my induction burner. I was already sweating in there before I even started cooking. Threw some mushrooms in a pan to sautee for burgers, and half way through cooking them, I realized I wasn't sweating anymore, and was actually cool and quite comfortable! That impressed me so much that after lunch, I got back on here to see if it was still on sale, and it was! So, I ordered another one! My elderly father is also impressed with it, and wants one for his room too, and he already has a nice lasko tower fan in there, but the breeze from this fan feels different....maybe because it's not so forceful, yet it works better than a forceful fan. I can't explain it, I just know that it works great......so great that I ordered another one only hours after receiving it the same day! I've never done that with anything before that I can recall. I plan on using these this winter to help spread the warm air from the heaters. The one that is coming, I plan on mounting on my wall in the kitchen. The only con that I have for this fan is that it doesn't tilt down forward. It tilts backwards, so that it can face a ceiling, but not forwards. If it moved whatever direction you wanted it to, it'd be even better. I wanted it to blow over me while I slept last night, so I moved the stand behind it, and set it so it would be more on me. (I'll include a photo of what I mean, as well as other images, and one next to an 8oz spray bottle to give an idea of the size of the fan.) Essentially, the round part of the fan itself was sitting on my dresser, with the stand raised behind it. If it was able to tilt downward, it would be better, but it did work to keep me cool and comfortable last night. I'll be sleeping like that from now on. Better than any ceiling fan I have ever had. I might just have to buy a 3rd one while it's still at the discounted price in case anything happens to this one or the one on the way....plus my dad did say he wanted one........gonna have to get it. Actually, I am thinking of getting at least 2 more.....one for the basement as well, because that's where my rower and other exercise equipment is, and many times I wish I had a fan down there....lol. This fan is really that good that I am actually considering getting 2 or 3 more so quickly after already purchasing 2!"

Honeywell TurboForce Fan, HT-900 (Compare Deals from $12.79)

"Unless I have it sitting right in front of me on a table, I'd become underwhelmed by the Lasko Personal Fan (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QR6VXW/). However, I still wanted something that would be powerful, quiet, portable, & affordable. The Honeywell does all of these things in spades. It is only slightly larger in size (mostly because of the shroud around the blades to improve airflow efficiency), has 3 speed settings, & a more powerful motor than the Lasko too. For less than $1 more. And how much more powerful? The lowest setting on the Honeywell moves considerably more air than the Lasko on its high setting. I can now set the Honeywell fan further away from me & be just as cool. I know there are some complaints about the noise, but I disagree. On high it generates a reasonable amount of ambient noise, but HOLY COW does it move a lot of air for such a small fan! At the lowest speed since I can have it further away, it's at least as quiet as the Lasko. Also, some previous reviewers have complained of the fan not staying pointed in the desired direction. They appear to have solved that with a position locking mechanism on both sides of the base. The fan has several angles where it clicks into place when adjusting the angle. While I didn't count the number of notches it will lock the fan into, there does seem to be enough that it should satisfy all but the most finicky. Perhaps my one complaint about the Honeywell is that it doesn't come apart (not at first blush anyway) to clean out any trapped dust. I can easily take off the front cover & blade on the Lasko to wash any dust off (leaving me to wipe down only the back of the fan). Meanwhile, it looks like I have little choice than using compressed air to remove dust on the Honeywell from time to time. So if you want a fan-like decoration for your desk, get the Lasko. If you want a fan to move some air & keep you cool, the Honeywell is your fan."



"I purchased two of these fans in February 2014. Below is my original review of this product, where I couldn't praise it highly enough. However, it is now June 2014, and the motor has already died on the one I used in my home office. The most use this fan had was approximately 5 to 7 hours, at the lowest setting, for 5 to 6 days per week. For a fan's motor to burn out in a scant four months is an incredible rip-off, particularly in light of the fact that I didn't even use it at the highest setting, or all day, every day. I don't have much faith in the other fan lasting much longer, either, now that I've read other reviews that echo my experience with the fan motor burning out. So I've changed my review from 5 to 2 stars; I'll still give it 2 stars for its sleek appearance and powerful output, but it's no bargain if it has to be replaced every few months. ------------- My bedroom ceiling is too low to support a ceiling fan without my running the risk of decapitation, so I bought one of these for use in there during the hot summer months. Either my home or my body temperature (or probably both) is/are weird, so many times I'll find myself alternate between feeling hot and cold throughout the day/evening. So I "borrowed" my bedroom fan to use in my home office. Love it! Loved it so much, in fact, that I had to buy another one for the bedroom so I could dedicate this one to use solely in the home office (ceiling too low in this room, also - in fact, the only room that can support a ceiling fan - and in which I installed one - is the living room). I usually keep my TurboForce on the lowest of the three settings in the not-so-hot months and position it to blow directly on me, and that's enough to keep me cool. But when it heats up this summer, I know I'll still stay comfortable because I have medium and high settings to keep the air circulating through the room. It's small enough to be unobtrusive, yet it packs a punch - don't let its size fool you! Highly recommended!"



"In march of 2008 I bought 4 of the Honeywell HT800 Super Turbo High Performance Fan, Black and they were very good for the price. In fact two gave out in 2012 so they were incredibly good considering that I kept them on just about all the time. When the two gave out I started considering buying them again since there so good. I then went to the amazon page and saw that that specific model was no longer being made but the upgrade, the HT-900 was the new replacement so without delay I went ahead and bought two October of last year. A little less than a month later the first fan gave out. I wrote to the company which was called Helen of Troy and they took their time in answering. After explaining what had happened they told me to return the fan through the ail and they would replace it. When I got to the post office I was told that the shipping would cost just as much as buying a brand new fan. So either I could buy a new fan or mail them the bad one, wait a couple of weeks for them process it and then send me a new one which may or may not work. I wrote back explaining the situation and this is is what they wrote back: I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced regarding the terms of your Limited Warranty. The Limited Warranty is stated in every Owner's Manual (this was packaged with your unit), and it says that Kaz Incorporated will cover a replacement or repair of the item, if defective in material or workmanship. It does not cover the cost of shipping. This is a standard warranty used by many other companies that make similar products. I have made note of your dissatisfaction and I shall pass it along for consideration in case any policy changes should occur in the future. Again, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. In short, these fans are not really living up to any standard so you can take your chances with it. the other fan is still going but who know till when."



"Used to have the 800 series, sturdy little fan that ran almost non stop for 5 years, loved it. It finally stopped working, even after taking it apart and cleaning all the moving parts. Figured like anyone else, if the 800 series was great, why not the 900 series? The fans went from 0.80 amps to 0.60 amps, basic math tells me I lost 25% of my power. I'm swapping out the electrical coil later to get my 0.80 amps back, warranty swarmmaty. Plastic is thinner now also. Why? No reason to mess with something that worked great. New base is narrower, before I would scoot the fan around my room using my foot, new fan just falls over, fabulous. Again why change something that worked? Heard the new fan still has the annoying habit of slipping the first horizontal setting and pointing up, this hasn't happened yet, also not holding my breath either. New fan electrical plug also has the new safety fuse in the plug....nope, no thanks, don't need one more thing to fix to make the fan work. Guess it's time to reuse the old fan cable. On the box it cam in it advertises itself "Turbo FORCE Power, now 25% Quieter".....duh, cause it's 25% weaker. At least they got rid of the two random star drive screws holding the shroud together on the old fan, threw those as far away as possible when I took the old one apart to clean it out. Why would this ever be a great design idea. Awesome! I need TWO tools to take this apart, BRILLIANT! In my opinion this fan went from great to meh...Will I keep buying the newer fans?...only as long as the new electrical rotor with the fan blades continues to fit into my older MORE POWERFUL fan. Thanks Katz...for nothing."


"5* Just bought my 3rd one~!! These are handy seeing they wall mount, small and don't get in the way. For the price, you won't do any better. Reasonably quiet on low and pushes alot of air in a controlled straight line, easily felt clear across the bedroom (12 feet). On high, it's louder, but from the other side of the living room, not any louder then on low in the bedroom, yet it's effective clear across the room (25 feet). If you want super whisper quiet, it's probably not for you. However, if you want to move alot of air to the other side of the room without blowing everything around, this is for you. Like I said, the air flow is really concentrated and you can basically aim it were you want the stream to go..... I'd imagine this would also work really well pointed up and work much like a ceiling fan for winter use. Bottom line: If you wanna move some air, no matter what ya buy it's gonna make some noise with this size blades (8 inch). I believe this does as well as any (noise vs air movement) taking that into consideration..... and at this price, I'm convinced you won't do better. Low is fine for me, but it's nice to know I can bring alot more to the party come mid-summer, if needed. Last thought..... I wanted a 3 speed hoping that low would be lower opposed to a lot of small fans that are only 2 speeds. This wasn't quite as low as I was hoping for. I don't regret buying this and could use another one so hopefully I'll find a perfect one for my needs. If I don't, this is fine but perfection is different to everyone and this should be pretty close for most."


"5* This little 9" fan is just super. I had the same one for at lest 4-5 years, but it finally quit on me. So Decided to look around, maybe try another brand, or type...there really are very few choices! Either they are smaller, or made of metal, or don't tilt, or cost a lot more etc. So I ordered the same one...the new one claimed to be 25% quieter. That sounded (pun) good, as the old one was a little loud. The first one I got was terrible. Incredibly noisy, I really felt there was something wrong. I decided to try one more. Well, of course (you see the 5stars) it is perfect. It really is MUCH quieter! In fact, I often forget to turn it off, because it is so silent . It is a terrific little fan, and I use it right next to my bed, so the quiet factor is a real plus. I looked all over, could not find a better fan, or a better price. Don't hesitate if you need a good, powerfuL, quietl little fan. Update: Oct. 17th 2014 Had the fan a few months now...still love it, but wanted to add a little info. that might help others with my problems; I have Arthrits, in hands, which gets very bad...the control knob on the fan is in the middle of the back...which is OK is it's just on a table or whatever however, I have it right next to the bed, for use while sleeping. If I need to change the speed in the night, it is a ( real) Nightmare! horrible to get to, worse to turn the knob..tilting up and down also difficult. I also find a STILL leave it running way too often!! That's testimony to how quiet it is! It's really a great fan, I just wish the knob was on top, or on the front, and a little easier."


Honeywell TurboForce Fan, HT-900 (Compare Deals from $12.79)