Fit & Fresh Cool Coolers Slim Lunch Ice Packs - Set of 4

"I use a soft sided lunch bag, and purchased this set of ice packs to replace a single big re-freezable ice pouch/pack that we'd used for so long all the branding / name, company ID, etc., had long since worn away. I would have gotten another of those original packs if I could have found one - I looked and didn't, so got these as a replacement test. As a way to keep multiple items cold in a soft sided, moveable bag, they're not the best. I think they're probably made for a box arrangement where they can sit firmly and snugly above and beneath a similar-sized container of left overs or whatever. In my lunch bag, which isn't big but does allow things to move around, these tend to clump together and keep one thing cold, rather than spreading the coolness everywhere. I do try to sandwich things (ha, lunch pun) around them, but I'm not thrilled. I bet they're great with a Bento Box or something similar. They freeze fairly quickly and stay cold-ish through lunchtime."


Fit & Fresh Cool Coolers Slim Lunch Ice Packs - Set of 4 (Compare Deals from $7.99)

"I bought these cause it came in a pack of 4 and they said that they fit better in a lunch pack. Well they do fit very well in a lunch pack of any size and are ideal for keeping something cool for a 2-3 hours but if you cant keep your lunch pack in a cool place then these will not stay cold for long. I usually keep my lunch in my truck until lunch time and by the time I get to eat it my drink is almost room temp and the food was not as cold as It was when I put it in there in the morning. Also I use two of the packs and still just does an ok job. If your gonna need to keep your stuff colder then I would recommend going with the gel ice packs and I know they take up a lot more room but they will keep your stuff colder then these and i also meant to say is that i do have a insulated lunch pack so i know its not the lunch pack cause i have used the gel ice packs and they work wonders. But still a ok item if you need something smaller and slimmer then the ice old school ice packs."

"I came across these by accident. I don't have any Fit & Fresh containers so I can't tell you about how well they work with those but I do pack lunches for my 3 kids. I like these because they're thin. I can put one on the bottom of a lunch box (we have soft-sided ones from Lands' End) and put a milk box, sandwich, and fruit cup on top of it. Previously I'd have to figure out how to wedge one of those blue bricks in between all the items that needed to stay cold. These are made out of hard plastic so they stay flat of course...I'd tried the soft ice packs but I could never get all 3 to freeze perfectly flat each time. The kids tell me their lunches are still cold at lunchtime so the ice packs are working. The ice packs only have to keep cool 3-4 hours at most anyway. If you're packing lunches for your kids and tired of the bulky blue bricks, get these. They work so much better."

"Our daughter, who is in Kindergarten, buys her lunch at school, but she takes a snack every day for Kindergarten in her backpack, which has no kind of cold type of storage system in it, it's just a regular backpack. These ice packs are PERFECT! We use 3 of these every day. We put one in a ziplock quart bag with a juice box, and put the 2nd one in another zip lock bag with a juice box, and a 3rd one in a quart bag with her peaches for her snack. Of course the ice packs stay in the freezer all night prior, but I swear to you that when I pick her up at school and come home and open up her back pack I can still feel the chill from the ice packs right through her back pack! They stay cold ALL DAY. I love these! And they aren't huge either, and because they're made flat they stay flat. I could not live without these ice packs. My daughter says that at snack time the juice boxes and peaches are as cold as if they were in the refrigerator."

"i have tried the ice packs for several weeks now - i use a cheap $5 zipper lunch box from walmart and leave it in the car until lunch time - temperatures was in the 90s several days - my food was still cold by noon (7-12) even though the ice packs was half melted. i think the difference from the other larger (thicker) ice packs is that with these thinner ones i am able to surround my food while with the larger ice packs, i just set my food on top of it or place the larger ice pack on top of the food. being slim, i am able to surround the food and this indeed keeps the food alot colder. i have had to increase the microwave cook times slightly higher than in the past. i recommend these slimmer ice packs because they work for me using a cheap lunch box and should work for you too, especially if you have a half way decent insulated lunch box. 5 stars for this product."

"These 'Cool It' ice packs are designed similar to the Rubbermaid Blue Ice Block but are better sized for insulated lunch bags or lunch totes. DESIGN: Individual ice pack is approx 5" square and about " thick, so it fits well in those smaller insulated lunch bags/lunch totes or personal coolers. Each ice pack has a small 'donut hole' in the centre of the square so the frozen ice pack can circulate the cold air freely in the lunch bag/lunch tote. WHAT I LIKE MOST ABOUT THESE 'COOL IT' ICE PACKS? They are made of antimicrobial hard plastic with the non toxic blue gooey stuff safely on the inside ... unlike Blue Ice Bags which works fine but puncture over time - especially in kids lunch totes :)) I freeze the ice packs overnight. Usually, two ice packs are enough for my lunch box - one for my soda and, another for my cold sandwich or fruit salad. The ice packs are designed to use with the Fit & Fresh Lunch on the Go container . However, I simply place one of the 'Cool It' ice packs underneath my Food Container - it works great! CON: These 'Cool It' ice packs are not sweat-free. As the ice packs melt, they do sweat a little in my lunch box. I don't find this a problem, but I have a quick fix nevertheless! TIP: To make these re-freezable ice packs sweat-free, simply wrap individual ice packs in a sheet of paper towel before placing in the luch tote. Bounty paper towel works fine ... and of course, it's re-usable! Hope my review was helpful ... Jeffrey A. (Jeff)"

"I have found that these freeze solid in about 45 min and thaw, completely, in about the same amount of time. If I pack a bag and need to keep things cool, in the past I would put a couple strategically placed cold cans of pop in there and thought hey, these can replace those or extend the cold-life of the pack. They don't. The cans of soda worked better, from the fridge, than these did from the freezer. I am nothing but disappointed. I really expected them to stay frozen, or at least very cold, longer than they do. This is for indoor use only. They have never been outside room temperature except when they were shipped to me and when they are in the freezer. If you need something tiny, yes, they are tiny. Yes, they freeze very quickly. No, they don't stay cold for long at all. If you invest in a good cooler container, it will store your foodstuffs better than putting this in with the foodstuffs in a regular container. They just aren't worth the cost. Next time I will seek a larger frozen pack that has a better rating vis a vis how long it takes to thaw at room temperatures."


Fit & Fresh Cool Coolers Slim Lunch Ice Packs - Set of 4 (Compare Deals from $7.99)