General Electric RPWFE/RPWF Refrigerator Water Filter

"This filter was delivered quickly and is easy to install. Seems to work the same as all the other water filters I have used on various refrigerators over the years. The water does not taste any different or better. So why the large price tag? Twice the price of what I was paying on filters for our last fridge. The GE fridge wants me to replace the filter more often, which I wouldn't mind if they were not so expensive."

General Electric RPWFE/RPWF Refrigerator Water Filter (Compare Deals from $52.30)

"In buying new fridge the last thing we thought about was the filter system and ease of replacement. Thank goodness GE thought of it as this filter is very easy to install and remove. Time will tell on the durability of the filtering mechanism as we went through one pretty quickly in the first 6mo of owning the compatible fridge, but we use the fridge water for everything related to consumption in our home. high recommend on the install and use of this filter but even higher recommend on the fridge from where it comes as that thing is amazing!!"

"I've been too hesitant to try any of the generic replacement filters, so I can't say these are better. They do work well though, and aside from being more expensive than generics, I don't have any issues with them."

"I believe I may have given an unfair 2 STAR review previously. I gave that rating due to the fact I found a "similar" filter elsewhere. I was contacted by the a rep from this company and gave me a wonderful follow up call regarding my review. I did not do business with them this time but I will the next time I need a filter cartridge as I respect their work ethics and values. My apologies, Butch"

"The product was as described and is the OEM (original equipment manufacturer) filtration cartridge for the GE refrigerator. Amazon was able to offer the product at 10-15% less than in-store purchases making it a go-to option for buying several cartridges at a time. There are several other off-brand replacement cartridges that can save you as much as 50% off the GE cartridge but the reviews were mixed. I like to save money but I also want to make sure that the filter is able to remove the chemical and bacterial contaminants from the city water. I would recommend that you spend the money on the GE filter and find alternatives to saving $20 every six months."

"Good price, the one I got is RPWFE. Looks the same as original RPWF BUT NOT SURE what the E is. I am sure it is the same although the one I have looks a little different than the one pictured.The one pictured is original GE filter.I will be installing in another month and will update if not the same as OEM filters from GE"

"Exactly what you think you are gettting. Installation was easy. Works with my fridge as described. Cheaper than any store."

General Electric RPWFE/RPWF Refrigerator Water Filter (Compare Deals from $52.30)