Munchkin Soft-Tip Infant Spoon, 6 Count


"Pros: *BPA-free *Deep basin - deeper than any other spoon I tested, you can put and deliver more food to the baby's mouth. Great for first foods containing a lot of liquid. *Soft plastic tip helps to make sure that the baby's upper lip holds on to some food *Colors do not fade from washing or contact with food ( I only hand washed them, not sure what would happen if they went into dishwasher) *Easy to hold for an adult feeding a baby, as far as you put them down only on a flat surface. Cons: *Spoons flip easily when left in first and second stage baby food jars, perhaps they are good for stage three, but I am switching to home made baby food and feed kids from shallow bowls *Scratch easily because plastic is so soft - might be uncomfortable for baby's mouth when scratched (and I only hand wash them, nothing scratchy ever used) *Made in China (what is not nowadays) *Warning from manufacturer: "Do not boil or steam sterilize" - I wonder why? Overall: These spoons would be great if the handles were not so heavy. As soon as you leave this spoon in a baby food jar or in a small bowl it tips over and the food is on the table, on your lap, on the baby, on the floor.... This spoon handle is way too long and heavy. After using them for a month for our six m/o twins we got these spoons: Meal Mates Colored Soft Bite Spoons - 5 pack by The First Years Meal Mates spoons do not have such a nice soft tip, there is not much room for the food on that spoon comparing to Munchkin soft-tip, but at least the spoons are not making somersaults. The Meal Mates also got discolored quickly. They are made of stainless steel with plastic coating on the tip. As usual these are made in China, but the manufacturer responded to my email request that they are BPA and Phthalates free. I am going to try a pricey Avent spoon next Avent Weaning Spoons 2-pack , they are made in GB and are supposed to be free of all bad chemicals. We still use Munchkin soft-tip for the foods that contain a lot of liquid, but while feeding two babies it's easy to forget the spoon in the jar and sure enough it flipps."

Munchkin Soft-Tip Infant Spoon, 6 Count (Compare Deals from $2.92)

"I originally was using the padded spoons that turn white when the food is too hot. I could never get a good amount of food on them, they were short handled and I didn't find the temperature feature useful as I check the temperature of my babies food first anyway. So on my hunt I found these. I really like Munchkin products and this is no different. The spoons have longer handles which means I don't have to be 2" from my son's face. I can sit down while he's in the highchair and comfortably feed him. They also have soft tips which I love because it doesn't hurt him when he chews the spoon along with the food. Speaking of, these fit the perfect amount of food on them. The colors are bright and fun but I don't notice him staring at them, he's too busy looking around the dining room. Some of the colors are girly but he's 5 months old, I don't think he cares right now that his spoon has a pink tip and not blue. As he gets older I'll phase out the girl colors for him. They are also dishwasher safe, top rack, which is a big plus for me. I don't buy anything I can't throw in the dishwasher. Good purchase, I highly recommend them."

"They are MUCH MUCH More Comfortable to Hold that the other Spoons I have used. The Metal from (the Gerber Spoons) does not sit comfortably or ergonomically in my hand at all. In fact it digs in when you have to use that death grip when baby bites the spoon or tries to grab it. So I Needed something else. These were not exactly what I expected. In the pictures on here, they looked very rubbery, like they would be bendable, and double as a good teething toy. They in fact are a sturdy plastic, and the scoop part is a more pliable plastic. I guess it's a good thing they are not too rubbery because they may not be as sturdy and baby may want to bite them instead of eat the food. The scoop is much deeper that it appears in the picture. So Much that every time the spoon comes out of my daughter's mouth (14 months) the scoop still has about a bite's worth of food in it, that is when she's eating something thick and sticky like oatmeal that mounds high on the spoon. I do think these are much better for older babies, because new eaters may find the deep scoop and high sides of the scoop uncomfortable. They are quite long, and like I said Comfortable for parent to hold, and to feed the baby from your own seat at the table is much easier than the other spoons. These are Perfect for parents to feed their advanced eater babies. Not a Toddler Training spoon. Too Long, though the deep scoop would be nice for that purpose, so they may figure out where to hold it so they can get it into their mouth, and the food would still be in the scoop. These Are Available at Target, so Go Check them out and Buy them from there if You have One near you. Ordering from Amazon was easy and quick delivery as usual, but we live over an hour from Target."

"We started using these with my 6 month old when he first started eating solids. We also have the Munchkin White Hot Safety Spoons - however, I like these much better. These have a pretty deep spoon rather than the shallow ones like the White Hot. I think these are better for babies once they have established eating solids since they are a little deeper and can fit more food on the spoon. Son is now 9 months old and these are *perfect* for how much he eats in one bite. The longer handles are great for parents feeding baby. He hasn't started feeding himself so I can't remark on how well the longer handles are for baby. There is no temperature warning on these, but I always check the warmed up food myself before giving it to him anyway so that is not an issue at all. The plastic is softer so it doesn't hurt babies gums either. I would buy these over and over again!"

"The head of the spoon is the perfect size for babies, so that is a positive feature, but other than that the spoons are not very well-made. The handle is way too heavy so any time you try to rest the spoon in a bowl, the spoon falls out sending food all over the place. The spoon rest also does no good since the handles are round - they just roll right off. The soft heads on the spoons are nice since they don't hurt babies' mouths, but after using them with warm foods a few times I've found that they are now permanently bent. I like the cheap price (that plus the great reviews are what got me to buy these spoons in the first place) but I cannot recommend these to others and will not be buying them again."

"I like these spoons a lot more than I thought I would. I like the fact that they hold a decent amount of food. If your baby is a pretty big eater and likes to eat quickly, these spoons will help so that he doesn't get frustrated easily when food isn't getting to his mouth as quickly as he would like. I also like the fact that there are 6 spoons in this pack vs. having to buy spoons individually. Inevitably, some spoons will make it to the floor while trying to feed your little one, so it's much easier reaching for a clean spoon to continue the current feeding and then washing the first one later on when the feeding is over. The tips have not hurt my little fellow's gums and he's been teething since he was about 3 months old. Currently, he's almost 7 months old and no teeth yet, but his gums are constantly swollen. However, he has never cried because we've hurt his gums with these spoons. I'm happy with these spoons. I'm very happy that I didn't have to purchase other spoons first before finding these. I would buy them again and recommend it to anyone. You will be happy with your purchase."

"I bought these spoons because I liked the bright colors. They looked fun and like they would capture the interest of my little man, who was just starting on solids. I also purchased the soft-tip Munchkin spoons (that are similar to the Gerber brand) and the Nuk temperature-sensitive spoons. Well, the Nuk and Munchkin spoons never get used because these spoons combine all of the best features of both. First, these spoons have a deep basin like the Nuk spoons. The padded tip spoons are so shallow that you can barely get any food on them. Second, these spoons have a soft tip. The whole basin of the spoon is actually flexible, which makes for a more comfortable eating experience for your baby. Third, the bright colors really do capture the baby's interest so they are more likely to pay attention once they get to that age where they are easily distracted. Finally, they have a longer handle than any other baby spoon I've seen so feeding is easier for the feeder. They are not temperature sensitive, but who feeds their baby without checking the temperature of the food anyway? This is one of the best products I've bought for my son! I would like to notify you that the colors I received are not the same as pictured. I received two spoons with pink basins (one with blue and one with green) and one purple spoon that is a pastel purple with yellow, so three of my six spoons are girly. Not that it really matters, just fyi."