Model 50 Premium Unbreakable Air Deflector

"After reading the slew of bad reviews this product has received I was apprehensive to buy one. Since the price was not too bad I decided to give one a shot. Upon receiving the deflector I attempted to test the magnetic strength as that was one of the largely disputed items. I was able easily and securely adhere the vent deflector to my refrigerator. The magnets held the deflector firmly in place sideways without sign of sliding. The vent deflector ultimately went on a ceiling vent. My vents are all painted so I was a little concerned but it did not appear to be an issue as the deflector has been firmly attached to the vent for a few weeks now. There are also screw holes pre drilled in the plastic to allow the deflector to be screwed to the vent for extra security. I did not feel the need to do so. It has been a fairly cold winter thus far and my deflector shows no signs of warping. I have checked it a few times to be sure but there are not any signs of the plastic deforming due to the heat coming from the vent. So far it is doing its job and deflecting the air where I want it. Another nice feature I like is the adjustable sizing. It easily resizes to meet the dimensions of the vent used. Overall I feel as if this was a good purchase for the money. I do not understand the other reviews claiming the magnets do not work. In the event the vent material does not allow the magnets to properly stick there are screw holes for such a contingency. As for warping it may be due to a change in materials used or certain households having a very aggressive HVAC system. I think their claim of unbreakable is a little overzealous but overall they work well."

Model 50 Premium Unbreakable Air Deflector (Compare Deals from $6.27)

"I like these. They can get bumped around pretty easily in certain circumstances, but we use them successfully on several air vents in our house and they stay put. We do have an area where our rug is too big and has to partially go over this air vent and, as a result, that one gets bumped off somewhat regularly, but I would still say the magnets on this model are pretty good all things considered. The 'abuse' of that air deflector hasn't broken it yet, though, so I would say these are definitely durable. They also work great at what they are meant to do, which is redirect the air. It's SO good that sometimes we have to turn the air conditioning down as a result so that we don't freeze while sitting at the dinner table! You just might find yourself saving a good amount of money on air conditioning and heating with these."

"After reading some of these reviews I was a little skeptical about the quality and whether or not it would work well for our new home. I ordered 3 of them at once and I have been so happy with them so far! I'm about to order two more. The magnets are much stronger than some of these reviews led on, and they don't move out of place very easily (I have a toddler running around). I can actually feel the air flow now instead of it going behind our curtains. I wouldn't consider them "unbreakable", but they are very sturdy and everything I've been looking for. It fits to size your air vent, which is great. I'm very happy with this product."

"I purchased these for all my floor vents in my house. They have a magnet on each side that is strong enough to attach to your metal vent and is going to stay until you are ready to take it off (or until you accidentally kick it). They are adjustable lengthwise and are made out of plastic. They don't seem like they are very durable but ours have been kicked several times with not a scratch or crack. They direct the airflow into the room as it should be rather than up the wall. My cats also love to sit in front of them and warm themselves. Great purchase."

"Does exactly what it is supposed to. The plastic is thick, but still feels a bit flimsy. but that aside it works great. I have a AC vent high up on the wall and the way the air was blowing it was straight into my face, giving me sore throats! I put this on, and not the air flows more downward, still keeps the room almost cooler honestly, but not blowing straight in my face anymore. It easy, you just adjust it to fit, and magnet it on there with the strong magnets and that's it. I had one years ago and I can attest to them keeping a room far warmer in winter by keeping the heat from rising as much also. For the price you can't beat it!"

"Five stars for price and for doing exactly what it is supposed to do. It also seems to be unbreakable in that it survived shipping. Amazon didn't pack the box very well; I guess taking the manufacturer at its word and the claim that it is unbreakable. I purchased two of these, both of which came in boxes that were utterly smashed up by heavier items in the box. Both arrived unscathed anyway, although with one, the two halves had come apart. It slid back together easily, so no big deal. I am using these on standard HVAC registers in our new house. In two places we ended up needing to place furniture over top of a register. We wanted something to direct the airflow out from under the furniture instead of blowing air into the bottom of it. These do that well, and the magnets have held them in place. Just slide the sides apart to the width you need and set them down. Done. I would recommend them, and will buy more if we rearrange things and need to cover other registers."

"I purchased this to use on a ceiling vent directly over my son's crib (didn't want him getting a blast of hot or cold air in the night). However, the magnets aren't nearly strong enough to hold it up against a metal vent cover...the vent cover is painted, so not sure if it would work better if it was unpainted metal. It fell off after about 2 seconds. The construction of the plastic part of the deflector is ok - a bit flimsy, but not terrible. I ended up using heavy duty stick-on velcro to secure the deflector to the vent cover and moved the crib out from under it so I could test this method without worrying about it falling on my son in the night. 3 days later and it is still firmly on the ceiling, so I guess it worked."

Model 50 Premium Unbreakable Air Deflector (Compare Deals from $6.27)