Meguiar s G7164 Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo Conditioner - 64 oz.


"This simply the best all around soap out there for washing cars. I've been using it for years on various cars, and I've yet to find something that works better. It helps bring my Evo to a show worthy clean and shine. A couple cap fulls of this in my pressure washer bottle suds up great, same with my Gilmour Foamaster. It does a great job at cutting through mud and dirt, and even bird droppings if you get to it soon enough. Where I live it rains 2-3x a week so I try to keep my car waxed to reduce washes, but I still end up washing it down once every 1-2 weeks. If I stay on top of it, with this and my pressure washer - I don't have to touch my car with a mit or towel for cleanings. This works that well to clean a car of all dirt, grime, and bugs. However if you let it go a month and it's not waxed, then you'll probably have to mit clean it. The only time I use a different soap is usually the first couple weeks after a wax (assuming it's not caked on dirty somehow) I use Meguiar's Wash and Wax - 48 oz. to preserve the wax job and bring it back to a little more of a shine. To wash - I highly recommend a cheap electric pressure washer with a soap bottle. You can find them around 100-150$, and if you frequently wash your car it's well worth it. My philosophy is the less times I have to touch my car the lower probability of miro-marring and swirl marks. If you have to mitt clean, do as high powered of a rinse you can with a hose to get off the bulk of dirt. I then recommend the Meguiar's Microfiber Wash Mitt , use two cheap 5 gallon buckets (you can get them for a couple bucks from HomeDepot), with a The Grit Guard Insert (Red) - Fits 12 inch Diameter Bucket at the bottom. One bucket is clean rinse water the others your soap dunking water. The important tips I've found for avoiding marring is to frequently rinse and soap your mitt - don't let it start to get dry of soap/suds. Every single time you're about to rinse the mitt run your other hand over both sides and do a visible inspection, pick off ANYTHING you see. Rinse it, scrape along the grit guard if you need to, re-soap the mitt, then do another run of your hand against it and visible inspection. I can't tell you how many times I've picked something off the mitt, like a small piece a dirt or pebble or leaf/twig part that would've likely marked up the clear coat. Also usually you do not need to apply a lot of pressure, even for caked on grime. Lightly drag it so if there is dirt on the mitt it's less likely to scratch. The only other advice I have is to use at least 2 mitts per car. Reserve at least one for any hotspots on the car that get a lot of dirt - like around your rear wheel wells, rear bumper around exhaust, maybe even your front bumper if you've got it caked with bugs from a long road trip. I save those spots for last with the separate mitt so it keeps all that gunk out of the buckets and off the rest of my car. It's also useful to have another mitt if you drop yours on the ground or it touches any high dirty areas, it's great to set it aside for the washer and use another for now. I usually use a CRSpotless DI filter system to rinse the car off afterwards to a spot free shine. I have however used this and just hosed it off afterwards, and it does a pretty decent job by itself at leaving a fairly spot-free shine (obviously not completely). I'd say it's better then the Mother's wash I tried in this regard. Otherwise it's pretty comparable to the Mother's wash, although I tend to think this cuts through caked on dirt just a bit better. If you don't want a CRSpottless system you can buy the big blue filter housing and a DI filter to build your own for around 100-200$ (I did this after my crspotless system cracked over one winter). If you go the towel dry method I'd recommend Meguiar's Water Magnet Drying Towel - you'll have to ring it out a couple times (maybe buy two), but it's soft and pretty safe to use. Just make sure you don't let it touch the ground or anything else covered in dirt - or you will mar/scratch it during drying."

Meguiar's G7164 Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner - 64 oz. (Compare Deals from $8.49)

"It has been a long time - a REALLY LONG TIME - since I last washed my truck: a 1994 F-150 4x4 with canopy. In fact, I'm thinking it may have been 2004!!!! Oh, it's had the fast job that comes with an oil change, and I took it through a mini-wash a couple of times. But, the results always left a lot to be desired - and I REALLY didn't like the swirls and marks left by automatic brushes. Four days ago, I decided it was time - never mind my age (senior) and health (senior). X number of years ago, I had purchased some "green stuff" purported to be a really good car shampoo. It was still in the garage, and should still be okay................ I was still telling myself that - five hours later - when I finally finished up. The truck looked pretty darn good.................until I pulled it into the garage and got a REALLY GOOD look at my handiwork. I turned off the light, and went into the house - vowing that I was NOT going to drive that truck ANYWHERE, until it was washed again. And it most certainly was not going to be with the "green stuff!!!" That afternoon, I ordered Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash from Amazon. Bright and early this morning, I was at it again - actually enjoying myself this time! Everything was just right......from the sudsing to the smell - and WHAT A DIFFERENCE in the appearance of my truck!!! Unlike four days ago, I didn't have to go at break-neck speed to try to get the water wiped off before the sun dried it. And, although this particular product does not have a wax included, there seems to be a mild coating of something that makes the water "shed" - unlike the previously mentioned "green stuff." Washing a vehicle is not the easiest thing for me. However, with this Car Wash Shampoo/Conditioner, it will no longer be the chore it has been in the past. And, with two vehicles needing attention, that is very important to me. I'm actually looking forward to washing my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"I purchased #Meguirar's Gold Class car wash from Costco in a much larger container (that's Costco) a few years ago and finally ran low, so I ordered this, which I thought was the same product. Night and day. This formula is exceptionally viscous (thick), so a little goes a long way. I used the amount I would have normally used with the [watered down] Costco bottle and the suds were amazing. I literally washed 3 cars with that pail. I kept refilling it with more water and it maintained its thick, sudsy thickness like nothing I've ever seen. Usually, when you use a car wash, it begins to thin out and it seems like you're practically washing your car with water, doesn't it? Not with this product. It makes a thick, sudsy formula and lathers your car with it. I feel like my cars have never been washed to this extent--it's like a car wash in my driveway. I use a car wash brush like the Carrand 93089 Flow-Thru 10" Wash Brush found on Amazon, which makes it so much easier to wash the car. The whole job is done in about 15 minutes. I can't recommend Meguirar's Gold Class enough. It actually made washing the cars fun!"

"Ever since I bought my new Acura MDX, I got obsessed with keeping it nice looking as I enjoy driving a shiny and clean car! This is a huge size and what a great value! Leaves my car nice and clean, ready for the next step. Just like other reviewers noted, the wash mitt holds a lot of soapy water, which makes the cleaning fast and easy, much better than the old sheep skin type mitt. It's also super soft, which gives me a peace of mind of not scratching the paint. I'm pretty new to detailing cars, thus I found the following products really easy and simple to use, even for me as a beginner: 1. Meguiar's X3002 Microfiber wash mitt 2. Meguiar's G7164 gold class car wash shampoo & conditioner 3. Meguiar's G17216 Ultimate Compound 4. Meguiar's G19216 Ultimate Polish 5. Meguiar's G17516 Ultimate Quik Wax I also watched the videos that shows all the steps and it gives me great results. In addition to these products, I also keep my trunk organized with the CoolKarStuff Trunk Organizer. Foldable. Padded Sides and Bottom to Protect Your Stuff. Tough and Heavy Duty Material. Buckles Nicely to Stay Together for Easy Carry Around. Great to Store Your Magazines, Books, Toys, Crafts Supplies, Small Gadgets, Small Sports Gear... , which is money well spend. Love driving a clean and shiny car, so much fun and proud! :)"

"I wash our cars every week, and am pretty picky. Our cars are not luxury cars but everyone comments they look and run like new. I used to just buy whatever car wash Costco had, but they stopped selling it for a while so I had to just buy whatever I could find. Tried several and it always seemed watered down no matter how much soap I poured into the bucket. I ordered this from Amazon and chose it based on its high reviews. I've tried this before but didn't appreciate it till I stopped using it! Now that I'm using it again, I can't go back to another soap. This one smells good, doesn't need a ton of soap to get your car clean, and it doesn't remove the wax from my paint. Very happy. This isn't the cheapest car wash soap available but you kinda get what you pay for, as with most things."

"I recently finished my bottle of Mequiar's Crystal car wash and didn't see it on Amazon. I really like other Meguiar's products, so I bought this car wash based on my experience and the reviews, and I was not disappointed. I'm not a pro, but I take my car washing seriously. I use the two-bucket method and wash the car in a certain order to diminish the amount of debris and soil on the rags in an effort to protect the paint from undue scratches and swirls. This Gold class car wash is a nice, thick soap that suds up very well and cuts right through dirt and grime. I was very pleased with the way the suds stayed around throughout the wash. Some car washes diminish as you use them, but this was great start to finish. I did not use a lot - a few capfuls for a three gallon bucket, and it was sufficient for a four door sedan. I like all the Mequiar's car care products I've used, and this Gold car wash is no different. I may like it better than the crystal car wash I just finished, but it may take a couple more washes to decide."

"This is an excellent shampoo. I've used less expensive shampoos in the past, even those made by Meguiar's, never thinking it would be worth spending the extra money. Well I was wrong. I've been using the Gold Classic for about three years now and can tell you it's worth the few extra bucks over the cheaper brands. It takes very little to create a nice foamy mixture which I like. The foam lasts a long time too which is one of the main differences compared to the cheaper shampoos out there. It rinses very easily and does not strip the wax off - barring of course you use a good quality wax. And it has a very pleasant smell as well."

Meguiar's G7164 Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner - 64 oz. (Compare Deals from $8.49)