Leather Honey Leather Conditioner, the Best Leather Conditioner Since 1968, 8 Oz Bottle. For Use on Leather Apparel, Furniture, Auto Interiors, Shoes, Bags and Accessories. Non-Toxic and Made in the USA!

"In an attempt to keep my new leather dash from ever getting warped again, I looked into this product, given overwhelming number of positive reviews. As the name implies, Leather Honey is a thick, translucent fluid that flows with a consistency not unlike corn syrup. The instructions on the back reads: Leather Honey revitalizes stiff, weathered leather and softens, protects, and extends the life of new leather. May darken some leather, but original color usually returns over time. Use on all types of leather except suede. DIRECTIONS New Leather: Using a paint brush, sponge, or lint-free cloth, cover entire surface area with Leather Honey at room temperature: the warmer the product, the easier to apply. Allow a minimum of two hours for absorption (preferably overnight) and wipe off excess. Used Leather: Clean surface with mild soap and warm water. Allow to dry. Follow instructions for new leather. If necessary, apply additional coats. Use only as directed. Not for retail unless authorized. A little goes a long way. So.. with that I left my car to warm up nicely in the sun before applying the product. My car's interior colors were a mixture of black and light creme leather. I tested the product on a non-conspicuous leather spot behind my seat, and all was safe. It didn't change the color. My first impression was the smell. It doesn't smell horrible, but it has a smokey smell to it. Very hard to describe. When applied the smell is very light and not too apparent, but out of the bottle it has a strong burnt+sour chemical smell to it. I get the impression they were trying to simulate the smell of natural treated leather. It will be entirely up to you to decide how compatible this leather is with your product. In case of my car's interior, I didn't mind it, as I believed the smell would mix right in with that 'new car' smell. I just wouldn't call it pleasant. Next up-application. As I applied the Leather Honey onto a clean microfiber cloth, to my surprise it was clear as water, but thick like syrup. Even though my car was nicely warmed up from the sun, the product laid down thickly. There was an immediate tackiness as the towel moved across the surface of the leather. I can see why people say this product isn't oily, because oil is slippery when applied. Still, I will be completely straight with you. Contrary to what other reviewers have stated, the the product IS oily. Very oily, but not in that slippery way. It leaves the leather glistening. Even as I turned the towel to wipe off the excess, the leather was glistening. That may be fine for things like shoes, but for car leather, especially dashboards, it's not good. As instructed, I left the product on the leather to absorb overnight, and on the following day I went over everything again with a dry towel. Still my leather was left feeling oily, and still glistening. When I took the car out for a drive, the spot where my elbow normally touches the window sill was very hot to the touch. As you may or may not know, oily things heat up very quickly (Ever microwave something oily, like a croissant? Yes, it takes only a few seconds). Anyway, removing my elbow, it left a dull spot! I took my dry towel and tried to wipe away the dull spot but it didn't go away. My elbow had pulled the oil right out of the surface of leather. So yes, this product is very oily, and a terrible choice for car leather. I also noticed that the smudges left behind on window glass when my towel rubbed up against it (unavoidable), were not easily wiped away. In fact the only way to get rid of it was to use glass cleaner. Because it is oil based, this product is certainly capable of restoring dry, weathered leather. The downside is that it left my car's leather oily. I'm sure my leather loved it but but I didn't. And it leaves a slight tackiness to the leather that I found very unappealing to sit in. Summary: I can see how this product will rock for maintaining shoes and purses, which explains the numerous positive reviews. But it is not at all a good product on leather which your skin touches on a regular basis. Your skin gives and absorbs oil too, and when it touches something treated with leather honey, it will take away some of that oil. Leather Honey is very thick and oily. I laugh now thinking about the recommendation of using a brush in the instructions. That would have been a nightmare to reduce down to an even layer. On one hand if you don't put enough on, it won't do any good for the leather. But if you do, it's very, very oily and takes many go-overs to get things to an acceptable state. And even after that you're left with a tacky, unclean feeling leather. I would not at all recommend this leather product for cars or jackets. Sorry, as much as I loved the name and the idea behind Leather Honey, I must warn all car lovers to steer away from this product. I would recommend using Zymol's Leather Creme Conditioner. It smells better, goes on easy and wipes off without the issues I had with Leather honey. I ended up using it to restore my interior the way it was before I applied Leather Honey. I really hoped Leather Honey was a better product than what I was using, but it wasn't--at least not for what I bought it for. Oh yes, I did mention jacket didn't I? Yes, I applied leather honey to my jacket at the same time. It was a mistake. It, too, was left feeling slightly tacky. It was an $800 Levi's Made and Craft leather motorcycle-style jacket (like a baby's butt, sheepskin soft). Anyway I'm sure with time the tackiness will go away and I'm left with a healthier leather jacket. I won't be doing that that again. Anyway, this has been my honest review of Leather Honey. I hope it was helpful. Thanks for reading! If you have any additional tips or suggestions for me, on the product or my review, I'd love to hear it! Leave me a comment. Thanks again!"

Leather Honey Leather Conditioner, the Best Leather Conditioner Since 1968, 8 Oz Bottle. For Use on Leather Apparel, Furniture, Auto Interiors, Shoes, Bags and Accessories. Non-Toxic and Made in the USA! (Compare Deals from $16.95)

"I purchased this product to try to clean and restore an old black leather couch that has been through several different owners and had some water stains from various party fouls over the years. I have often thought that must have seen quite a lot considering who owned it before me. The leather on this couch was starting to get brittle and beginning to show some evidence of cracking at the creases, so in addition to the spots it had some other problems. First off, this product showed up in a search for leather cleaner on Amazon. It is technically not a cleaner, it is a conditioner that will also add some water resistance to the leather. You should probably use a leather cleaner first. When I read the instructions on the bottle and saw the viscosity, I jumped back on Amazon and bought the Leather Honey Cleaner sold by the same people and used that first with really great results. You can go check out my review on that as well. One note While a little of the cleaner goes a long way, the conditioner you use in a greater quantity. I used about a quarter of a bottle of cleaner and was able to do 2 couches and 3 loveseats and still have a couple oz of mixture left over, but on the conditioner I used about a third of the bottle to do one couch. Still as you will see at the end, I feel like it was well worth it. So after cleaning the couch with their cleaner, I applied this product. A couple things to note. They call it leather honey for a reason, this stuff is almost exactly the viscosity of honey. Very thick, and to be honest, I was a little skeptical putting it on. I did not use the Leather Honey brand lint free cloth as I already had several lint free cloths from car detailing projects. Expect to use a little elbow grease on this, it's not unlike waxing a car at least in the application and removal phases. Once I got the cloth saturated, this went a bit easier, but at first it was a little hard to spread. I went over the couch twice, once to apply it, and a second time to really rub it into all the nooks and crannies. This couch happened to be the type with the sort of loose leather with creases and folds on the softer parts so it took some work to get it all in. Once applied, the couch looked very shiny and somewhat wet. I then left the conditioner to do it's work. 6 hours later I checked on it, and a lot of the wet look had gone away. Some combination of soaking into the leather and maybe some evaporation I guess. But I'll tell you, it looked like a new couch. All the parts of the leather that looked like they were starting to crack and show whitish lines were gone. The leather was no longer brittle, it was supple and flexible. Pressing on the couch used to make sort of a crackly sound as the different creases and folds kind of popped together, but now it was super soft and flexible if a little greasy feeling from the still wet conditioner. I decided to wait overnight and see what happened, but I was pretty enthusiastic at this point. The next day, after I had let it sit for 20 hours, I went to check on it. By this time there was almost no sign of the greasiness I had noted at 6 hours, only in the spots where I had gotten it extra thick. For the removal, I decided to use a larger towel as I thought that might help the rag to not get saturated and it worked great. Again, this process was very similar to hand removing the wax on a car, a combination of wiping and sort of circular polishing. It took a bit of elbow grease, but the results are super satisfying. The results: The couch looks new. There is no sign of the stains that I set out to correct. Even though I wasn't really expecting it to do anything about the crease cracks, they are gone too. The leather is soft, supple, and doesn't make crunchy noises when you sit down. I waited a week to write this review in case the cracks disappearing was just from left over moisture darkening the creases or something, but so far so good. I'm quite amazed at the way the product worked. It performed much better than I thought it would and I tested a few drops of water on a discrete part of the couch and they are water resistant, it just beads right off. I'm a very happy customer and I plan to keep a couple bottles of this stuff around."

"I got this stuff for my new Solovair 20-eye boots. It did a great job and really softened up the leather for wear. You should always treat your new boots before wear, it helps to protect them against the elements and makes them a lot easier to break-in comfortably. I applied it with a brush, let it soak in overnight, and wiped off the residue the next day. I applied too much this first time around, and I only used about two tablespoons total, so this stuff goes a long, long way. I almost bought a larger bottle, but this small one will last me a very long time. When I run out, I will most certainly buy again. Definitely recommended. UPDATE: After seeing what a great job Leather Honey did on my new Solovairs, I decided to try it out on my old, beaten up Dan Post boots. I was given the boots in a heavily used condition two years ago, and I had not applied any treatment or care whatsoever in the entire time I have owned them - and I don't believe the previous owner did, either, by the looks of them. So, needless to say, they needed some TLC pretty badly. Once again, Leather Honey did the job and did it very well! My Dan Post boots went from looking beaten and worn to looking sharp and properly cared for. Mind you, they don't look brand new by any means, but they certainly do not look old or beaten any longer - maybe only a year old, a far cry from their previous state. I applied the treatment in a thin, evenly spread layer using my hands, and it was all soaked in two to three hours later. Nothing to wipe away; that leather was thirsty! Anyway, just thought I should give an update to let everyone know that this stuff will revive your old, neglected, 'too beaten to wear out' leather, as well as help to soften up and condition your brand new items. And, for anyone who is curious, my Dan Post boots are black cowhide, not fancy reptile or anything. There was absolutely no color loss, and the wrinkles, slight cracks, etc. were very much smoothed over and some even disappeared with the treatment. I noticed one person commenting about how there was color loss when s/he applied Leather Honey. The only way I can see this occurring is if the leather has been cheaply dyed, and the color is merely a top-coat that did not soak in or bond with the leather itself. If you're unsure, always apply it to a discreet area (like the tongue of your boot, for example) before treating the entire item. If you have color loss, or are concerned with that possibility, then buy some cream polish to apply after the Leather Honey treatment. This is a superb idea regardless, as it protects your boots from the elements. I purchased a jar of Meltonian Shoe and Boot Cream with my Leather Honey for that reason. Cream polish is much better for your shoes than wax, and also conditions them while wax is more of a shiny top-coat sort of thing. If you want your boots to last, folks, you need to not only condition, but also polish them regularly. It sounds like a hassle but it does not take but ten minutes at most (for my huge 20-eye boots, even) and will add many years to the life of your boots. It also revitalizes the color of your boots, and helps water-resistance. Conditioning and polishing should be done when you first buy your new boots, right after they have experienced weather (such as rain or snow), and on a regular basis - I treat my boots once a week because I wear them every day, but if you wear yours less often, once a month should be enough; though, there is no such thing as conditioning & polishing your boots too often. Protect your investment, and take care of your boots!"

"I was skeptical at first, reading that it might be sticky, wet, slimy, etc. but after using this product I'm hooked. I have tried a few other ones that promised to be the best and while a few went on fine, they didn't last 24 hours. Eagle One - I liked the smell and initially it was shiny and supple but after a day the leather looked dry again. Apple Leather Care - same as Eagle One but no noticeable fragrance. It went on easily but didn't do much to the leather. Armor All leather care - more of a gell than cream and while it looked great at first, dried up in a day and leather was back to original condition. Tanner's Preserve Leather Care - this is the only other one I like. It isn't as good as Leather Honey because it too dries but it lasts longer than any of the others before it dries out. It has a GREAT leather smell and to me, if Leather Honey added a leather scent to their product I'd marry it. Now that I'm done whining about my prior purchases, here's what I have to say about LH: I used it on a vintage racing suit from 1980. The suit was stiff and dry, but 100% intact. I used a foam paintbrush and spread the product on the front of the suit. Waited about 15-20 hours as I went to bed and waited until I got home from work and had dinner. There were some spots where I could see the product still 'pooling' and as directed, wiped those areas clean. The leather was SUPPLE and had a nice shine to it again. It felt a bit oily at first but then I put it on and wiped it off with a towel for a few minutes. No more residue and it looked amazing for 30 year old leather. I did the back side and am just as pleased. I've since put another application on and it has a nice shine to it now. I used it on my new black racing suit and it soaked it up in about half a day. Nothing to wipe off. Used it on riding pants that I had previously treated with other products and LH is the only one to last. That leather is supple, black, and faintly shiny. Great on boots too. I have nothing negative to say about this product. It goes on easily and a little goes a LONG way. I was able to do and entire arm or leg of a suit with little more than a pea-sized drop. I've since given up the paintbrush and now I put on latex gloves, squeeze a drop out, rub my hands together, and apply to the leather. Easier to rub around and 'in' to the leather. I know some people reading this will still be skeptical about it due to the reviews that say "sticky" and such. The good thing about most leather conditioners is you can buy one of each, try them, decide which you like, and you aren't out a lot of money. I've done that and I'm sold on LH."

"I got on ebay some great leather suitcases, they are red! I when I got them I loved them but being quiet old they looked lusterless and tired, yet strong and in good shape, so I started searching on line for a good leather conditioner and I came across this leather honey. There are two things that I pay attention in customers reviews;one, products with a large number of good reviews and two, why the people who gave bad reviews didn't like the product. I remember once getting a fantastic book on postmodernism recommended by someone who didn't like the one he was reviewing saying "...you will be better off buying this other book instead..." and he was right. Then when I read some of the good reviews on this honey conditioner I thought great, now let's see why people didn't like it. People found it too thick and sticky and therefore difficult to clean off after they applied it. I still decided to get it since the number of favorable reviews were so very many. When I got it and saw how thick the oil was I thought, oh my god why didn't I listen! It was so thick that I actually thought it would do more damage than good but I also remember lots of reviews saying that they had just followed the instructions and they got great results. Since my set of suitcases has four pieces I decided to try it with the smallest one and on the bottom base, in that way if I didn't like the result the damage would be minimal and you wouldn't be able to see it any way. I also got a small painting brush as recommended by one reviewer and used it to apply the conditioner. As recommended in the instructions I applied it and left it on over night. In fact I left it on for almost 24 hours due to my schedule. I then took the oil off with a Lexol 1020 applicator sponge and I was surprised how easy was to clean it off. That same evening applied the honey conditioner on all the four pieces. I can tell you that the result was truly amazing. My old Hartmann luggage set of red suitcases now looks like museum vintage piece. Each of the four pieces look great, soft and shiny. I have not tried it in anything with a light colour as many reviews say that items in light colour got a bit darker but it suited greatly my red set. Conclusion, if you are concerned about the thickness of this product don't worry at all just use a thick strong material to take it off after some 12 hours or more and if your leather is a bit on the dark than light side you can be safe in the knowledge that this is a product you'll be happy you got. All the best and I hope this review will help some one as so many other reviews have helped me in the past."

"I've been trying for years now to find the right product to really bring the luster back to leather seats that are in pretty good condition and make them look like they had just been stitched on. I've tried many products, all with varying degrees of success. Prior to Leather Honey, I had a product which seemed to work well and really give the leather a supple feel, but it just didn't last. It was as if the conditioner was visual only and did nothing to actually nourish the seats. This became frustrating rather quickly, as I didn't enjoy constantly reapplying it and the greasy feeling it left behind. Aside from that, there were many other very well known leather care products I used with next to zero positive return on my investment. So... I happened to come across Leather Honey and decided to give it a shot. All the reviews were great and it sounded promising, so I figured it couldn't hurt. The very second this stuff touched my seat- literally the very moment it touched- the leather soaked it up and felt softer and looked much better. I continued to spread it across the seat and it just kept getting soaked in and I could feel the leather changing under the cloth. I applied quite a heavy amount because I didn't think it would take as fast as it did. So I am now anxiously awaiting to see how it looks after I let it sit for over 24 hours. 12 hours in, the leather is completely transformed. The car I'm using this on came factory with very high end leather, but I don't think it's possible that it has ever looked as good as it does now. The cracks have soaked in the most, so I am reapplying as needed, and it just looks incredible. Words really don't do this product justice, and I don't think pictures show enough detail to really give one an idea of just how rich this stuff is. It doesn't look, feel, smell, or apply like any other leather product I've seen, and that's good- it tells me that whatever it is used in this product is doing its job well. Do yourself the favor of not buying the smaller bottle. I can promise you that you will instantly want more, as you're going to be applying it to every single thing you own which contains leather once you see the results. Don't believe me? Buy it and see for yourself. But don't say you weren't warned."

"i got this after some nosing around online for good stuff for leather care. i am using it on my beloved leather boots. they are not for riding or horsey or other active stuff, just for keeping me warm & perhaps cute in cooler weather. i live in the northeast, so we do get some winter precipitation. i tried this stuff a few days ago after not having much time during the holidays. one pair of boots i put it on was plain old cow leather, the other pair was lamb. the regular old cow leather (which was a very nice grade) did not absorb as much leather honey as the lamb. the leather temporarily darkened in color & a gorgeous, rich, deep shine has remained many days after. i did not have the time (due to holiday craziness) to wipe the excess off the next day which seems to be no problem. the lambskin absorbed much more leather honey upon contact, probably because the lambskin is more porous. i did not notice much difference in appearance to the lambskin upon application or after. it sucked all the leather honey right up, so there was no excess to wipe off. i have not worn my boots out in the rain yet. i will not likely wear them out in the snow b/c they are pretty nice, pricey, high-quality boots & i like to baby them. However, the consistency of the leather honey tells me i probably could wear my lambskins right out in the bad weather. the leather honey is sticky & incredibly thick.so thick & sticky that i used a sponge paint brush on a stick & it was not durable enough for the leather honey. the sponge broke. so next time i will use a real paintbrush. i think a cloth would absorb too much product, wasting it. plus a paintbrush will allow the user to get into the nooks & crannies of the boots, should the boots have such. i had to kindof use soap & water to wash the leather honey off my hands, but i wasn't too concerned because i figured maybe it would be like good hand lotion. plus, i am not worried about getting dirty. I had fun using the leather honey, the tactile experience felt all artsy-fartsy due to the paintbrush & stickiness, and the smell was not bad (which i really appreciate b/c i get migraines easily) which tells me there aren't a bunch of weird funky chemicals in this product (hopefully). I really like this product, i could tell immediately it was good stuff. maybe there are other good stuffs on the market, but since i tried this stuff & i like it so much, i'll just keep using it. i did read it will soften up stiff leather, & i believe it after using it the other day. my husband has a brand new pair of leather keen shoes that are ridiculously stiff (as only keen can do), and i plan to butter them up with this stuff to try to help that out a bit. when i can spare one of my paint brushes ;)"

Leather Honey Leather Conditioner, the Best Leather Conditioner Since 1968, 8 Oz Bottle. For Use on Leather Apparel, Furniture, Auto Interiors, Shoes, Bags and Accessories. Non-Toxic and Made in the USA! (Compare Deals from $16.95)