Dr. Brown's Bottle Brush


"I LOVE our Dr. Brown's bottle brushes because they are so easy to use. The best feature is that the brush comes with its own stand (keeping it up off the counter and sink, unlike the Avent brush) and that the bottom end of the brush is used to clean the nipples--this makes for a quick clean switching from one end of the brush to the other. I have used the Munchkin brush at my parents' house and am confused why they put the nipple brush on the suction base...isn't that part meant to stay suctioned to the sink? The Dr. Brown's design allows you to leave the base where it is and quickly clean all the parts of your bottle (I use them on both Dr. Brown's and Avent bottles) As other reviewers have mentioned, the bristles are a bit flimsy, but I like this as compared to some other brushes (like Munchkin) that are so stiff that they seem to splash soap everywhere when you take the brush out of the bottle. The spongy part at the top of this brush will also wear out over time, like any sponge will. Because of these issues of "wear" I planned (and still do) buy new brushes periodically in order to ensure that they are clean and effective...however, this isn't something that bothers me because I'm someone who gets grossed out by over-used sponges and things. I'd rather buy new brushes periodically with a design that I find useful than be able to use a brush forever and hate how it works...I spend too much time washing bottles for that!"

Dr. Brown's Bottle Brush (Compare Deals from $4.99)

"I'm surprised the reviews of this brush are so iffy, but I suspect a lot has to do with different expectations. For functionality, this brush is fantastic. It has a nice spongy end, good bristles, and a handle that is ridged and sized to fit inside the nipples for cleaning. The holder is very handy and space-saving. Surprisingly for a brush that is specifically made for Dr. Brown's bottles, it doesn't have the tiny pipe-cleaner type brush you need to clean the air valve that makes these bottles so unique, or even a place to store these (they come with the bottles you buy). That would be a great improvement, otherwise those get lost down the drain or stay wet on the counter. For that reason, this is just a good all-around bottle brush, and not so specific to Dr. Brown's bottles. As for durability, this brush held up to a good three or four months of vigorously washing three bottles a day before the wire handle snapped off, so I guess that all depends on whether you think that's worth $5 or not (I have free shipping through Amazon Prime). From my perspective, I kept the nipple-cleaning part and got a different bottle brush, and that one was *awful*, the sponge part fell off in two weeks' time. So, I'm going back to this one, and buying a new one three to four months doesn't seem so bad to me in comparison, as that's only two or three before the baby moves on to sippy cups."

"I bought this bottle brush because I have gone through 3 of the cheapy store brand bottle brushes and we use Dr Brown's bottles and I thought that a Dr Brown's Bottle Brush would work better on the Dr Brown bottles. I'm a bit disappointed. The foam part does not fit into the blue piece of the bottle - and the cheapy brushes were able to fit. When I tried, the Dr Brown's Bottle brush bent! I bent it back, but I was surprised that the cheapy brushes were sturdier. I would think that a "Dr Brown bottle brush" would be designed specifically to wash Dr Brown bottles, inlcuding all the parts that come with it. Also, it would have been nice for them to include a teeny brush to clean the little rubber vent piece. Also the "nipple cleaner" is good in concept, I like that it stays attached to the brush and I like the stand (which doesn't suction to anything, by the way) but the nipple cleaner is ribbed plastic... and doesn't clean the nipples. The cheapy brushes came with a little wire brush for the nipples which worked great, except it detached from the brush and I had to make sure not to lose it. I'm not sure how long this brush will last, I'm assuming about the same as the cheapy brushes - usually it is the foam that dies first because of cleaning the blue parts of the bottle. We will be going back to the cheapy brushes."

"My son is 3 weeks old and I already have to replace this bottle brush, with very light use (I wash the bottles right away, then use the microwave sanitizer for a deep clean). I'm disappointed because we love Dr. Brown's products, but the sponge on the top of this brush has already started to shred. The bristle part is not sturdy enough to give the bottles a good quick scrub, either. I do like the little stand and the fact that I can keep that on the sink so I can stand the brush up to dry. I went out and bought another munchkin bottle brush because this one was quite a disappointment. We used Dr. Brown's bottles with my daughter for a whole year and only bought two or three bottle brushes that entire time. I really liked the one with the soap inside it for the 8 oz Dr. Brown's bottles Munchkin Soap Dispensing Bottle Brush,Colors Vary but it's not necessary. But the regular munchkin one is a lot less expensive and works great too Munchkin Bottle and Nipple Brush, Colors May Vary . The bristles are much stiffer and you have to really shove it into the smaller bottles, but they hold up well, unlike the Dr. Brown's bottle brush. Lesson learned."

"My husband strongly prefers these over other bottle brushes, and I think these brushes are pretty good, too. We've tried a lot of them. Hands down, our least favorite are the stiff bottle brushes. We both prefer a lot of give to our brushes. We use the larger size Avent bottles for feeding but most of our bottle cleaning is the small Medela storage bottles I pump into. This brush is perfectly sized. When I worked full time and we had about ten bottles a day to wash in total, these brushed would last us about three months before we had to toss from being so worn out. I consider that very good for the price. We were diligent in rinsing them out completely and squeezing all water out before laying out to dry. I imagine if you didn't, they would last around a month with regular use. I am now just occasionally using bottles and I suspect they will last for many months. We also use these to clean a few other smaller items, like our water bottles or travel coffee mug, where hands are too large to fit. Overall, we are very pleased with these."

"This is the best bottle brush EVER! Prior to this brush, I was using the munchkin brush with the bristles made of rubber - which did not get my bottles clean and left a film. I am a first time mom who didn't really know the difference. But, when those rubber bristles started to break off after just a couple months of use, I ordered this brush, thinking that the sponge on the end seemed like a good idea. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! My bottles are SO clean now! They look brand new every time! Also, these bristles are much softer and more flexible than the munchkin brush, which makes it easier to fit into different sized bottles - even the small cylinder bottles made for freezer storage. I will be giving this brush as a gift at all future baby showers!"

"My husband said, "This bottle brush changed my life!" It actually did change his life because we were washing bottles with a cheap brush given to us at the hospital. This thing brush is serious about getting bottles clean and for those of you you that like washing dishes/bottles you will really like all of the handy features of this brush, including: 1. suction cup stand (I used the suction cup the other day to remove a hard to reach light bulb) 2. base of brush fits perfectly for cleaning out bottle nipples 3. the brush has firm bristles and a soft foam end so it really gets everything out of the bottle (this is especially helpful with breast milk where the fat can sometimes leave a film) 4. it seems there is a hidden pipe cleaner within the brush for cleaning out the Dr. Brown bottle parts, but I can't figure out how to make this work well. So I recommend this for sure. Especially at the $3.99 price point. We paid $5.99 for our first brush at Babies R Us One thing my husband did say about this brush that would be considered a DRAWBACK, when he removed the wet brush from the bottle the bristle and foam splatter soapy water all over the sink and counter. I am not sure how to avoid this when using this brush."