Canson 9-Inch by 12-Inch Universal Sketch Book, 100-Sheet

"I just love these pads. To be fair, I'm not an artistic person. I'm a graduate student in applied statistics so I use them for my statistics work with a lot of math formulas. So I can't comment on what they are like for artists. But I still love the weight and how the paper feels. This particular size is also nice because it lets me spread my work out while still being able to remove the sheets along the perforated line. I like these so much that I'm buying one of the six-packs so that I'll never have to use another pad again. My only suggestion would be that I wish the cover held up a little better, it can get a little dog-eared. But other than that, these pads really have been a great find for me."

Canson 9-Inch by 12-Inch Universal Sketch Book, 100-Sheet (Compare Deals from $9.48)

"I am a professional artist and usually purchase Strathmore products because the price is generally less for that brand, but I couldn't pass up the price for this Cranson sketch pad. The paper quality is excellent, true white color with a smooth finish which allows for easy erasing. Takes ink well without smudging or bleeding. Colored pencil blends easily but does not smudge. Paper is strong enough to resist impressions which can leave void lines in coloring when the original pencil lines are inked and removed. The spiral binding is well spaced and doesn't jam when turning the paper. Easy tear perforation line and easy to remove from spiral binding as well. I purchased the 9x12 size this time for easy carrying. When I need larger sketch pads, I will purchase the Cranson again."

"It got here faster than I was expecting, which was great. It was packaged nicely. I draw and write in pen, which isn't exactly what this was made for, but it works awesome, no seepage through the back page. I'd recommend this if you work a lot with graphites, but it's also just a great universal sketch book. So I guess someone who was trying to decide what they wanted to work with in art would love this. Canson does have a lot of variety so when you find what you want to use you can't get a book specifically for that. Pros: Sturdy, good quality, great paper. Cons: Not ENTIRELY universal. but enough."

"Great sketchbook for its price! I've heard of debates which is better, Canson or Stathmore. They both sell sketchbooks that are roughly the same price on Amazon (Stathmore is usually a dollar or so more but not much). After using both of them for several years I personally will have to say Strathmore. The Canson paper is actually a little see through (which can be annoying when you want to take a picture or scan) and smudges more than Strathmore. Other than that they're essentially the same. Strathmore sketchbooks are in general better quality than Canson but they usually cost a lot more. However on Amazon they're usually around the same price."

"This is a very high quality sketchbook. The pages have texture and are excellent for charcoal drawing and basic pencil sketching. The spiral binding is very nice to keep the book flat. The pages come out with fine perforations."

"Got this to go with the art set for our daughters seventh birthday. I have purchased this tablet many times before and it's always a loved present for our art loving family. It has nice thick pages that work well for any medium."

"These are great heavy duty pages in the book. We used the book to place cards and sentiments from our mothers funeral in. We wanted something that was easy to look at without having to punch holes and tie all of the cards and notes together. This book was sturdy enough to hold the items and allowed us some room to write our own thoughts. I like this much better than a scrapbook for simplicity and access purposes as well as time we had to spend in a hurry. The pages are great and heavy duty as well as the spiral bound portion of the book."

Canson 9-Inch by 12-Inch Universal Sketch Book, 100-Sheet (Compare Deals from $9.48)