Very Quick
"This bag is great for its intended purpose but it is still made from normal threads so if you want bullet-proof material, don't think that this one will stand to your expectations.""I had tried other travel bags, but they did not fit my stroller and I was not interested in paying what Maclaren wanted for a travel bag given how little we fly."
"I appreciated another reviewer's tip to tuck the string inside the bag while in use, and I really liked how this bag folded up into the carry case without much difficulty (that just got tossed under the stroller for convenient transport)."
"Now I'm not saying it is one way or the other, but I typically assume that when their job is made easier, they are more likely to take better care of our luggage and things."
"While I know this bag wouldn't protect your items from major damage, like being dropped from a high height, it does protect it from getting dirty, scratched, and caught on some unknown thing that breaks your stroller!"
"and I also recommend taking a marker and writing your LAST NAME in the middle of the bag - so that its clear to see..."
"We were worried about our stroller getting beat up with the rest of the luggage, but I think the bright red bag, combined with the special gate check ticket (I think it was labeled fragile or baby gear?"
J.L. Childress Gate Check Bag For Standard and Double Strollers, Red (Click to Compare Deals)
Quick
"I have purchase other bags for the purpose of covering my strollers and car seats in the past but have now settled with this "gate check" bag... This bag is great for its intended purpose but it is still made from normal threads so if you want bullet-proof material, don't think that this one will stand to your expectations... In terms of how easy is to storage it I will have to say that it doesn't required for you to be a scientist to get the entire bag back into the small self-contained bag.""I had tried other travel bags, but they did not fit my stroller and I was not interested in paying what Maclaren wanted for a travel bag given how little we fly... The idea of self storage is great, but the storage pouch is very small and requires precise oragami folds to get the entire gate check bag into the small pouch... Frankly, I think I should have gotten the more expensive Maclaren travel bag as I doubt this bag will survive more than one plane trip."
"I appreciated another reviewer's tip to tuck the string inside the bag while in use, and I really liked how this bag folded up into the carry case without much difficulty (that just got tossed under the stroller for convenient transport). Also helpful to have the white label area for writing your name/contact info and the carrying handle seemed sturdy enough when carrying the stroller. It's not super easy to get on when you're also juggling a baby and all the required gear, so you might want to ask for help if you have a little one big enough to run off on you - this is definitely a two-hand job."
"Trying to navigate the airport with the baby and all the extra gear, plus your usual carryons can be quite intimidating, so taking a stroller to transport your little one and some of the bags is a much needed luxury... Not only were we worried about this, but also about the rain that comes with the pacific northwest, as we didn't want to stroller to be soaked upon arrival when we needed to put our baby back in... Now I'm not saying it is one way or the other, but I typically assume that when their job is made easier, they are more likely to take better care of our luggage and things."
"It looked like to me that our stroller had gotten caught on something, which ripped off the part that opens and closes the stroller and where you click in the car seat, so with that broken, it was unusable... While I know this bag wouldn't protect your items from major damage, like being dropped from a high height, it does protect it from getting dirty, scratched, and caught on some unknown thing that breaks your stroller!... Plus, they have a really easy storage bag that's connected so you can't lose it and it's easy to fold up and store away when not in use."
"I have no idea how these families are having such a tough time with this bag.... I have a CITY MINI Single Stroller - and I have to take the front wheel off.... and I also recommend taking a marker and writing your LAST NAME in the middle of the bag - so that its clear to see..."
"We were worried about our stroller getting beat up with the rest of the luggage, but I think the bright red bag, combined with the special gate check ticket (I think it was labeled fragile or baby gear?... The bag comes attached to a little zipper pouch for easy storage, so we kept it in the back of the stroller and used it during our time at the airport... After four flights, our bag came out with several black grease/dirt stains so we were glad to have it protecting our stroller."
Less Quick
"I have purchase other bags for the purpose of covering my strollers and car seats in the past but have now settled with this "gate check" bag... Having something that protects your stuff is key if you want to use it more than once. For that reason I have purchased a bag for each of my strollers and car seat that I used when traveling on a plane... This bag is great for its intended purpose but it is still made from normal threads so if you want bullet-proof material, don't think that this one will stand to your expectations... The only way you are going to be saved from those people is having a hard bag but that it is impossible when you are gate checking... I have another umbrella stroller that I just purchased for my youngest and it also fit that one pretty well... In terms of how easy is to storage it I will have to say that it doesn't required for you to be a scientist to get the entire bag back into the small self-contained bag.""I had tried other travel bags, but they did not fit my stroller and I was not interested in paying what Maclaren wanted for a travel bag given how little we fly... Yet, I am only giving it two stars because the bag was not very well sewn and the fabric is far too flimsy for its intended purpose... The idea of self storage is great, but the storage pouch is very small and requires precise oragami folds to get the entire gate check bag into the small pouch... I really like the idea and size of this bag, but I cannot recommend it for anyone. Frankly, I think I should have gotten the more expensive Maclaren travel bag as I doubt this bag will survive more than one plane trip... I would get far more protection if I took along a large lawn trash bag, placed my stroller inside and then taped it up with some red packing tape... While I will still buy from the company, I have learned my lesson and will stay far away from their items with less than stellar reviews."
"As other reviewers have mentioned, I'd rather the scuff marks were on the bag than on my stroller, so I wasn't worried about that... It wasn't a huge issue, and our stroller didn't get damaged, so I'm glad we had the bag. I think if we take our stroller on another flight I'll just buy a new bag and treat these as a one-time use item. If you travel frequently I'd definitely suggest getting something a bit more durable... I appreciated another reviewer's tip to tuck the string inside the bag while in use, and I really liked how this bag folded up into the carry case without much difficulty (that just got tossed under the stroller for convenient transport). Also helpful to have the white label area for writing your name/contact info and the carrying handle seemed sturdy enough when carrying the stroller. It's not super easy to get on when you're also juggling a baby and all the required gear, so you might want to ask for help if you have a little one big enough to run off on you - this is definitely a two-hand job."
"Trying to navigate the airport with the baby and all the extra gear, plus your usual carryons can be quite intimidating, so taking a stroller to transport your little one and some of the bags is a much needed luxury. But of course when you get to the gate, the stroller will get folded down and put in the cargo hold. Anyone who has flown has probably seen that the cargo hold isn't always the safest place and luggage can often times get damaged or dirty. Not only were we worried about this, but also about the rain that comes with the pacific northwest, as we didn't want to stroller to be soaked upon arrival when we needed to put our baby back in... We have flown a few times now and twice we have gotten the stroller back with grease and grime on the bag which would have been on the stroller otherwise, and who wants their baby playing with aircraft grease? That alone has made this bag worth it, but on top of that, the airline workers that take the gate checked luggage to and from the ramp have often commented to us that they love these type of bags... Now I'm not saying it is one way or the other, but I typically assume that when their job is made easier, they are more likely to take better care of our luggage and things."
"I had read a lot of the reviews saying how cheap they are and how they didn't work, so I wasn't expecting much when I received them... The first trip we went on, they held up well, a few dirt marks here and there, but otherwise good... On our second trip, I accidentally only brought the car seat gate check cover but thought it wouldn't be a big deal, it was only two flights... On our way back home, we gate checked both the car seat and stroller and when we got them after landing, our stroller was broken!!... It looked like to me that our stroller had gotten caught on something, which ripped off the part that opens and closes the stroller and where you click in the car seat, so with that broken, it was unusable... While I know this bag wouldn't protect your items from major damage, like being dropped from a high height, it does protect it from getting dirty, scratched, and caught on some unknown thing that breaks your stroller!... Plus, they have a really easy storage bag that's connected so you can't lose it and it's easy to fold up and store away when not in use."
"I have no idea how these families are having such a tough time with this bag.... and have been using this bag ever since he was 5 months old.... with my Ergo Carrier - and I'm able to handle everything with ease... I have a CITY MINI Single Stroller - and I have to take the front wheel off.... that didn't quite fit into my backpack for our flights..... Now I will say - there is NO way a double stroller can fit in here.... and I also recommend taking a marker and writing your LAST NAME in the middle of the bag - so that its clear to see..."
"We have the City Mini stroller and it fit with room to spare... I have no doubt we could have stuffed in other soft items if needed (such as baby carrier or blanket). We were worried about our stroller getting beat up with the rest of the luggage, but I think the bright red bag, combined with the special gate check ticket (I think it was labeled fragile or baby gear?... The bag comes attached to a little zipper pouch for easy storage, so we kept it in the back of the stroller and used it during our time at the airport... I practiced at home and was able to do it by myself, but we also had a nice gentleman at the airport help my husband while I held the baby. It also has two sturdy handles for carrying. After four flights, our bag came out with several black grease/dirt stains so we were glad to have it protecting our stroller."