Grandma s Secret Spot Remover, 2-Ounce

"The plastic container is small, containing a mere 2 ounces. The screw off lid is a cobalt blue color, and the top of the bottle is designed like an eye dropper. The top comes to a point, and there is a small hole in the middle so you can squeeze out a small portion at a time. The bottle states just a drop is all it takes. It claims to remove these stains: Oil, grease, paint, make-up, grass, clay, inks, blood, baby formula, spaghetti sauce, coffee, rust, tar, fabric bleed, tumeric, betadine, and any other kind of stain. It is non-toxic, biodegradable and won't harm the environment, since it contains no chlorine or phosphates. I wish I could tell you what the active ingredients are, but they are not listed on the bottle's label. I can say that is smells very fresh and has a lemony scent. I find the scent very refreshing. I have been happy with this stain remover. It has removed coffee, ball point pen, and spaghetti sauce stains from our clothing. It takes a bit more work than a spray stain remover I've used, because the directions say to penetrate the stain with the product, work it into the garment, let it sit for 5-10 minutes, and then wash it as you normally would. There have been a few stains I haven't been able to get out, but these were set in stains that had been on a couple of my sweaters for months. I had previously washed and dried them, so the stains were pretty much set. However, for fresh stains, Grandma's Secret Spot Remover has worked wonders."

Grandma's Secret Spot Remover, 2-Ounce (Compare Deals from $5.34)

"This is long overdue! Long story short...I had a gotten a red wine stain on the back of my new peach shorts. Yeah, I was visiting home and having a good time at my block party, when I apparently sat on some that spilled...BUT I didn't notice until the next day! (It was already dry) I freaked out. But thankfully my mom is awesome and she screamed "GRANDMA'S!!!" Huh? Okay...Well she let it sit for about 30 min then popped my shorts in the wash - the stain was gone! I couldn't believe it! I've used multiple stain removers, which were okay, but never got out red wine stains. My mom gave me a bottle to take back with me and I ordered another one right away to have on hand. Being obsessed with Grandma's now, I told my friends about it. (It worked into the conversation organically...so, I'm not that weird) I got a call a month later from a friend who spilled red wine on their new white chair and ran over my extra bottle to them right away. They couldn't believe how well it worked! I guess Bed Bath and Beyond used to carry it but don't anymore, so I recommend you buy one off Amazon so you have it when you need it! This stuff is amazing and I'm not embarrassed to gush over a spot remover! Clearly..."

"This stuff doesn't seem to work as well as they would have you believe. I got some ink on a pair of jeans and put some of this stain remover on the ink spot. The first thing I noticed is that you are not going to remove anything with one drop. It takes MANY drops to cover even a small area. Then the second thing I found out is that not all the ink stain came out when I washed the pants. There is still a little stain (the same size spot but lighter) on the jeans after the washing. This stuff smells just like Goop hand cleaner. By the way, the Goop hand cleaner formula many years ago was a lot different than it is now. And the old Goop formula really removed grease from your hands quickly and easily. This Grandma's spot remover and the modern Goop hand cleaner both have a strong odor of citrus. I purposely put some ink on a fingertip and applied the Grandma's Secret Spot Remover on the fingertip. I left it on for several minutes and then washed it off. The spot remover removed maybe half the ink. I don't call that very good performance."

"Best Spot Remover I have ever tried... I know this may sound weird, but I LOVE removing spots and stains and bringing something back to its original condition...even old tablecloths, etc. No pre-soaking of the fabric, you squeeze the product directly on the stain (asap - if you can) ... it works on red wine, blood, grass stains, hair coloring...its amazing... Through the years I have tried and purchased many grocery store spot removal products ---I also have many books on spot removal (types of spots/stains, fabrics, etc.) and I can tell you ...it was a miracle I found this product at a check-out counter in a general store (while living in Canada) and once I returned to the USA I tried other products again but to no avail, rewashing and rewashing and still the spot was there -- this product takes only one time of treatment (rub the fabric together before you wash so it activates the stain) then its gone, you will not believe how many spots will disappear. I can only find Grandma's Spot Remover on Amazon now that I am living back in the USA. It is certainly is well worth the price, it lasts an incredibly long time. I have purchased this as a gift for all my girlfriends. I use it on all my wash loads, there seems to be a spot or two on my husbands colored T-shirts, or salad dressing on something I wore...it works terrific on white items of course, very little do I have to bleach anymore - unless it is a huge stain...also great on colored items (only once did the color of the fabric lighten a bit and this was a taupe colored sheet). You will not be disappointed...I would give it 10 stars!!!!"

"This stuff worked great in getting blood stains off my chair. I had a cut/scab on my elbow that must have reopened and I got blood on the arm of my computer chair, which is made of some kind of velvety fabric material. After about 2 weeks I figured it was time to try and get the stain out. On the bottle it says put a few drops on stain, work it in, then 10 minutes later wash with warm soapy water. Being I have the attention span of a fruit fly, I put the drops on, rubbed it in, and then forgot about it. Well the next day the stain was completely gone and though I forgot the 2nd step. It really did work great. Now I may be a little slow but I could not figure out how to get this stuff out of the bottle. You take the blue cap off and theres this clear nipple looking thing that should dispense drops. It didn't. I then got scissors and poked it all around the top to try and open a hole. That didn't work. I then used the scissors to cut half of the clear nipple right off--that didn't work either. So I unscrewed the stupid nipple drop dispenser and just gently poured the liquid onto the stain. It has a nice consistency, sort of gel like liquid soap. Anyway, it worked great and just wanted to thank ol' Grandma for coming through for me and saving my chair. Thanks Grannie."

"I had some very stained up items that I had tried to clean by other means several times and didn't want to throw them out, they were mostly kids clothes that were new. I used a couple drops of this stuff and let it sit for about 5 minutes and then washed them all normally. I couldn't believe it but every stain came out of all 6 kids shirts, two of them with some kind of red juice stain and all of the rest of the clothes. I want to add that all of the items that I treated had already been washed and dried so I really was on a bad mission here but everything came out! So happy!"

"Did not find this product useful. I sell used children's clothing and stained clothes (obviously) don't sell very well. I have tried just about every stain removal product and technique there is. I used this spot remover on a number of types of stains and didn't find it to be effective on anything except surface dirt. Absolutely did NOT remove ink or grass stains as the description says. I will say that most of the stains I'm dealing with are old and set in. Maybe it works better if you treat the stains right away. I have found the best results with a mixture of water, powdered Oxi-clean and Clorox 2 Liquid (or an unscented liquid dish detergent in place of the Clorox if you don't want lingering fragrance). You have to mix the solution right before you use it though because the Oxi-clean seems to lose it's effect if it sits too long mixed with water. So, not something you can make ahead to keep on hand for future use."

Grandma's Secret Spot Remover, 2-Ounce (Compare Deals from $5.34)