Black & Decker AF-100-3ZP 30-Feet 0.065-Inch Line String Trimmer Replacement Spool, 3-Pack

"This is the recommended replacement spool for my Black and Decker single line Grasshog GH600, and when using these the Automatic Line Advance works perfectly - I never have to stop it and manually let some line out. I've had the trimmer for a couple years, and use it biweekly to edge the lawn and trim the grass in irregular spots where the lawn mower can't reach. So why the 3 stars? The price - one spool lasts for just 1 and a half to 2 sessions of mowing/edging/trimming. Thankfully Amazon is a bit cheaper than the home improve store. Maybe B & D sells their trimmers at cost and makes all their profit on these (like the printer companies and their ink cartridges????) :) So, in a fit of wanting to save some money, I bought bulk line at a home improvement store and rewound my empty spools as level as I could by hand (you will need to buy at least one of those 3 spool B&D refills so you have extra spools to fill). Sadly, with these refilled spools, the Automatic Line Advance worked only now and then (and sometimes never), so I often had to shut it off, lift the spool cover a bit, and pull some line out by hand (I have to do this a lot when edging against the abrasive sidewalk). More recently, in April and May 2014, I bought bulk line again and found a brand (Rino-Tuff at Home Depot, 275ft of 0.065" line) that allows the Automatic Feed System to work perfectly. So now I am a happy camper! (Actually, a bulk line I picked up at Lowes turned out to function correctly too, but I don't know what brand it was). So now, once I have 3 empties, I wind them in about 5 minutes each by hand while watching TV. I mount the bulk line so line comes off it in the same rotation as it goes on the trimmer spool. Doing a perfect job of level winding doesn't seem to be a requirement, but I'm getting better with practice, and you can get more line on the spool that way - just be sure not to fill them so full the line might rub against the trimmer housing. NOTE: When I buy bulk line, I take a empty spool with me to check that it will fit inside the little hole in the spool that holds the starting end in place to begin winding (typically I need to trim the end a bit with a razor knife to get it to go down the hole). Otherwise, you will have to tape the line end down to the spool with scotch tape, which doesn't help trying to level wind the spool.."

Black & Decker AF-100-3ZP 30-Feet 0.065-Inch Line String Trimmer Replacement Spool, 3-Pack (Compare Deals from $19.97)

"I have a Black and Decker Grasshog. The spool actually is easy to replace, but I just sometimes forget which way it goes in. This package was nicely bundled up. I was relieved that when I undid the tape, the line remained tightly wound. Some time ago, I had bought a similar product from another store, and the line came undone. This caused a lot of problems with loading it, and I had to to eventually just throw the unused spools away. It is strong and cuts well. I have a yard full of ground cover and weeds. It generally does very well, though there are some weed types that it can't cut well...but then again, these types couldn't even be cut too well with a lawn mower. They are just incredibly strong. I was surprised at how expensive the product was, but it does last a while...so I guess it isn't that bad really. During the summer, we are almost always outside cutting. We use a weedwhacker instead of a lawnmower to cut our lawn. It is easier for us and more efficient. Therefore, we really do get a lot of use out of this. It has been at least several months since I've had to replace the line."

"At the time I purchased these replacement spools the official Amazon description listed only GrassHog NST2018 as compatible model. I can confirm that it works with the new GrassHog NST2118 Black & Decker NST2118 12-Inch 18-Volt Ni-Cd Cordless Electric GrassHog String Trimmer/Edger . The automatic feed spool on GrassHog advances the string without needing to bump on the ground. The benefit of this system is that cutting is easier as it constantly replaces worn out string, the down side that the usage of the string is faster than when done manually. I have tried wounding the string by hand and found it a bit cumbersome and a bit time consuming, so I figured less than $5 per spool is not to bad to save me 5 minutes of time wounding and dealing with jammed string. Each spool contains 30 feet of 0.065 inch diameter round line. It is factory spooled and is wound tighter than when I wound the spool by hand. To replace the spool: 1. Remove battery 2. Squeeze the tabs on the spool cap to release it 3. Pull the empty spool out by pulling directly away from the housing 4. Clean out the housing from debris 5. Make sure that the level that controls the spooling is aligned with the edge of the housing 6. Take a string from the new spool and feed it through the eyelet in the housing of the trimmer (note the string is tucked into a hole in the spool for shipping, when you install it you need to free that end from the hole on the spool and feed it into the hole in the trimmer housing) 7. Push the spool into the housing and rotate it until it feels seated and the tabs of the spool align with the holes in the housing 8. Put the cap back on 9. The string outside the housing should be 5 3/8 inches, if it is longer than this length use scissors to trim it Collage of two different views of the spools in this package attached under customer photos. Overall, I am pleased with the spools - they should take me through the next couple of summers! Ali Julia review"

"I have ordered these spools several times thru the years. I have noticed lately the quality and workmanship is getting pretty shoddy. This last order I received I opened the spools, tried to use the first one, and found it to be all wound up with the string underneath the string so I had to get a screwdriver and push it out in order to use it. After the second time I did this I changed to the second spool and this one is not tangled but instead it is melted or stuck to the other strands so you have to stop, open it up and pull it before you can use it again. As far as self feeding, that's a joke with the last 3 orders I have had. I have to weed eat about 2 hours on a 3/4 acre yard and I am so very disappointed in this. I have just wasted money on this order. As far as the batterery operated weedeater from Black and Decker, that's a joke for people that have arthritis in their hands. You have to hold on to a button in order to get the thing to work. I tried it one time and told my son he wasted money on that one too."

"It's definitely not economically, or environmentally sound to keep purchasing these. However, it's well worth a one time purchase in conjunction with some bulk line. Then, with a just a bit of time self-winding, you can always have four spools ready to go (assuming you still have the original that came with your trimmer). Self-winding is not difficult or very time consuming. In my experience, if you do it correctly and use decent line, it will last as long or even longer than these machine wound spools."

"These spools do not fit my trimmer anymore, I have ordered this exact part number/item from Amazon before and have never had any issues. I compared one of the old spools with the new and it did not match these new ones exactly and have a slightly different design. The issue is that the hub in the center does not fit in the usual loose fashion, you have to press it on much tighter than normal to get the spool in there. The result is that it does not turn, which prevents it from auto feeding at all. Other model trimmers may not have this problem but mine does. I am refilling my last working spool for now, maybe I'll try buying these again after the issues are worked out."

"A 3 pk of these 30 foot lines for your Black and Decker Line Trimmer will last for years! I don't know exactly how long because we haven't even gone thru 1. I just happened to be in the store when the salesperson changed a line cartridge, and I couldn't believe how easy it was! I knew I could do it, and I knew I could teach our son very easily. The Black and Decker 3 in 1 Trimmer, Blower, and Hedge Trimmer is a great product, and this 3 pack of line is worth every penney! It will last a very long time! Black & Decker AF-100-3ZP 30-Feet 0.065-Inch Line String Trimmer Replacement Spool, 3-Pack Black & Decker LC3K220 20-Volt Lithium Ion Cordless Electric Lawncare Center"


Black & Decker AF-100-3ZP 30-Feet 0.065-Inch Line String Trimmer Replacement Spool, 3-Pack (Compare Deals from $19.97)