Avanti 12 Bottle Thermoelectric Counter Top Wine Cooler - Model EWC1201

"I'm very happy with this wine fridge for how it fits my lifestyle. It's the perfect size to keep in the kitchen to always keep a few bottles of different types of red wine ready at the right temperature for myself or guests without being some massive thing taking up a lot of space. It is very quiet, I've never noticed the noise that it is supposed to make. I also really like how you can stand up a couple of bottles in the bottom left of the fridge. This works really well when you open a bottle but don't finish it, so I just vacuum seal it and stick it back in the fridge for next time. I used to always hate leaving a half open bottle on the counter or in the fridge and never having it at the right temperature. This is the perfect solution. Also the customer service from Avanti was very good. When the fridge shipped, the drip tray at the back under the power cord was broken. I called them up and they shipped out a replacement part straight away. The fridge probably shouldn't have been shipped with the drip tray attached as the way the power cord is routed above it, it will push down on it and likely break it. Overall though I am very happy with this purchase."

Avanti 12 Bottle Thermoelectric Counter Top Wine Cooler - Model EWC1201 (Compare Deals from $98.05)

"My product arrived, undamaged, no dents in the box, no broken glass, and absolutely perfect. I first tried to squeeze this into a small corner which I thought would be perfect in the kitchen...wrong! The manual states to give it 5" of breathing room around the sides and boy are they not joking. Your cooler will not be able to go sub 61 degrees if you don't give it breathing room. Upon moving it to another place, the temperature immediately started dropping and my fridge thermometer was reporting the same. The fan is not loud as other reviewers state. The noise it produces is half (probably more) of what a refrigerator generates. I have it fairly close to my couch and unless your place is whisper quiet, you will not notice it. It will be like white noise in the background. The heat from my radiator is louder than the whisper this produces. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for something tiny yet holds a good amount of wine. 03-12-2014 Edit: Now that I've had the wine cooler for a couple of months and have it fully stocked, I have noticed the temperature gauge being off as previous reviewers state. In order to have my cooler be at a constant 55 degrees, I need to set it to 48. I would highly recommend purchasing a refrigerator thermometer to hang off of one of the shelves. Taylor Digital Refrigerator Freezer Thermometer Other than the manual offset for the temperature, the product still works beautifully and isn't an energy hog. The energy saving capabilities keeps this at a four star, instead of a three."

"This cooler holds a case of wine, with 4 vertical slots for "open" bottles. I store mostly reds, and while I probably could get away with it, I don't put open bottles back in the cooler. Of course this means I have to finish the whole thing... As for the unit itself, it's reasonably quiet for something with a fan blowing pretty much all the time. If you walk past it you'll hear it running, but it won't be intrusive unless you keep it in your living room. There's a light function, but you have to unlock the control panel by pressing two buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds before you can turn it on or off. The panel automatically re-locks, so the light isn't terribly convenient. It doesn't really matter, though, since you can't read the labels anyway, the bottles are packed too close together. Overall it seems well-built and I always know where my wine is. I'd recommend it to someone who needs to store a few bottles at the right temperature and doesn't want to spend a fortune."

"We bought this to replace an 8 year old Avanti 12 bottle wine cooler. I like the features of this model, it is sleeker, quieter, and the controls are not located behind all the bottles on the inside of the unit. The racks from the prior model fit this one, so we can choose if we want all 12 bottles on the side to four standing up as shown. Yes, bottles are of all shapes and sizes, so your mileage may vary on bottle capacity. For the most part, our wines fit okay even though some bottles may be a tight fit. One feature that impresses me is the that I think this new model has a variable speed cooling fan like some of the newer PCs. Keep in mind the thermoelectric cooler uses a Peltier cooling ship, so no moving parts except for the interior and exterior fans moving air over the fins. Once it reached the set temperature, the exterior fan (on the back of the unit) appear to slow down to a whisper. If this one lasts as long as the first one, then we will be very pleased. I deducted one star because the light control is still not as easy to work as I would like. Otherwise very happy with the unit."

"Just went out to wine country in California and brought back a couple of higher end bottles of wine that we were planning to store for special occasions so I was looking for a wine cooler that was reasonably priced and could hold 8-12 bottles of wine. When I received the wine cooler, the temperature control did not work. Whatever the room temperature was in our house is what the wine cooler temperature read. After giving it two days to "adjust" thinking it may have taken longer to cool than normal refrigerators, we contacted Amazon for a replacement cooler thinking we may have received a bad unit. I fully understand this happens from time to time, but would think that the company would test all of the units for working parts before selling it on the market. Amazon quickly sent us a replacement package and upon opening the box, two pieces were broke off and the door hinge was barely hanging on. I have since sent both wine coolers back to Amazon, but am not taking a chance on a third. Avanti clearly does not check each individual unit before shipping to the customer, which gives you an idea of what the customer service down the road would be like if you needed it. If you are looking for a wine cooler in this price range, I would recommend to look elsewhere as this was a complete waste of time for me."

"Avanti has put some really nice (unique) features in this cooler. Four (open) bottles being able to stand upright, the lights within the cooler, the white, red temperature settings (can use low red and high white to accommodate both), with the temp display and concave glass door, makes for good looking free standing unit. I do not know if any changes were made on this cooler in regard to the complaints reviewers noted about noise, but this cooler is almost whisper quiet. It is elevated off floor with bricks, level with space on all sides. The only thing that was a setback was learning to press the up/down arrow controls at the same time to unlock the controls each time you change the temp, or put the lights on. If one had small children, it even could be a safety point since the front display is quite attractive too. :-)"

"So far it is everything I wanted it to be, it's holding temperature well, took a Lil while to drop to low temperature but it's there. As for the noise everyone keeps complaining about my unit doesn't have any what so ever, this thing is super quite, I put my head inside and still don't hear anything. I really hope it last for years to come only time will tell, this review is under my wife's name because we used her kindle instead of mines lol, but what I like the most is the feature that allows you to store bottles standing up, this is super!! This arrived yesterday and I stocked with 10 bottles of my favorite wine no problems here. I've also found out it is best when ordering something from Amazon to always check to make sure it's Sold & Forfield by Amazon first, that way there's no third party. Amazon don't give me no trouble!!"

Avanti 12 Bottle Thermoelectric Counter Top Wine Cooler - Model EWC1201 (Compare Deals from $98.05)